Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingdom warrior
    OH JES!!
    • Jul 21, 2005

So they are doing DC Heroes?? These look Bad arse!!!

Comment

• CaptainTrenchcoat
      Career Member
      • Jul 6, 2006

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
      So they are doing DC Heroes?? These look Bad arse!!!

http://www.figures.com/gallery/showp...ction&cat=1151
      Those are mock ups using DC Direct 13" figures as the art. Looking forward to the actual promo art though. Maybe at Toyfair in February?

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

I put together a little bash of a spy version of Captain Action: http://www.infinitehollywood.com/cap...on-custom-spy/

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Nice custom! Fits him well. This should be another good year for the Captain with an Iron Man set coming in April along with the last Hawkeye pieces to complete that character. Then we should be seeing some DC product plus some other off brand characters. Possibly Space Ghost and the Rocketeer. This is a very exciting line.

Comment

• linuxitt
            Veteran Member
            • May 19, 2012

Just saw a post on the captain action Facebook page that the next build a figure will be aquaman and this time they are making it so we will complete the figure in only 3 purchases so it will be deluxe Batman, deluxe superman, and we will see who the third one is. We will also be seeing a classic covers superman after the release of the man of steel movie. Man this year CA figires are going to be awesome
            Last edited by linuxitt; Jan 16, '13, 3:32 PM.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

^I'd bet the third figure is the Joker for Dr. Evil. That's just a guess with no actual knowledge.

I still need to get a Dr. E, Loki and Thor...

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• linuxitt
                Veteran Member
                • May 19, 2012

Alot of people have been saying it will be joker and with 66 Batman by Mattel coming out as well as CA Batman I sure hope it will be joker

Comment

• torgospizza
                  Theocrat of Pan Tang
                  • Aug 19, 2010

I've got a question, guys. How do the gloves and boots fit on the figures? I'm thinking about using the Superman, Rocketeer, and Aquaman costumes on Hot Toys or Kaustic Plastik bodies, and I'm not sure if the costumes will fit or if it's even possible with the gloves and boots. F.ex., do the boots slip over the feet? It looks as if the gloves fit directly into the wrists from the pictures I've seen. Thanks!

Comment

• rche
                    channeling Bob Wills
                    • Mar 26, 2008

torgo,

the boots slip over the feet. The gloves snap onto the wrist pin. Or, if you choose to use an alternate body, you can press fit the gloves onto the forearms. My son and I do that with our Playing Mantis CA bodies for the outfits and it works just fine. I did a couple of body comparisons when the Captain America and Spidey sets came out. I think I used a Dragon body, classic Hasbro Joe, and a modern Hasbro Joe to see how they worked. Should be in the archives here somewhere.

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by rche
                      torgo,

the boots slip over the feet. The gloves snap onto the wrist pin. Or, if you choose to use an alternate body, you can press fit the gloves onto the forearms. My son and I do that with our Playing Mantis CA bodies for the outfits and it works just fine. I did a couple of body comparisons when the Captain America and Spidey sets came out. I think I used a Dragon body, classic Hasbro Joe, and a modern Hasbro Joe to see how they worked. Should be in the archives here somewhere.
                      Thanks for the info--I think I remember seeing your pictures, but I'll look them up again. Those costumes have to be a godsend for customizers that can't sew well.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

They also mentioned the Joker and Green Lantern would be coming as well! This is just an awesome line because they have such versatility with their licensing right now. They are truly in a market by themselves. No one can compete with what they are doing. Amazing stuff. Check out some of the mock up boxes below and you can see the fun coming our way.

Last edited by MIB41; Jan 16, '13, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• linuxitt
                          Veteran Member
                          • May 19, 2012

Preorders are now available for wolverine, ironman, and apparently a new CA figure with a "new" suit called CA mission 013 from the photos shown it looks like just the same old round 2 CA or does anyone know the real difference other then what they stated about it?

And if anyone here follows CA on Facebook there is talk on which should come out first the flash or zoom so hopefully we see them in the future

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by linuxitt
                            Preorders are now available for wolverine, ironman, and apparently a new CA figure with a "new" suit called CA mission 013 from the photos shown it looks like just the same old round 2 CA or does anyone know the real difference other then what they stated about it?

And if anyone here follows CA on Facebook there is talk on which should come out first the flash or zoom so hopefully we see them in the future
                            Where do you see the photos for the new Captain Action figure?

Comment

• linuxitt
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 19, 2012

Preorders are available on amok time and other websites as for mission 13 I seen 1 preorder website but forgot it, if you google captain action mission 013 figure on google it should pop up

Comment

• linuxitt
                                Veteran Member
                                • May 19, 2012

Here is the preview, and dang talk about price bump hes not $30 no more it seems hes up to $50 just for basic figure now

PREVIEWSworld | Comic Book, Graphic Novel and Pop-Culture Merchandise News, Previews, Release Dates and More
                                Last edited by linuxitt; Jan 24, '13, 2:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎