Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boywonder0
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 29, 2007

Hey! Thanks for sharing! By the way your/ZICA Adam West rocked so its unfortunate we won't be getting this figure. Anyhow, great job! Oh and Craig is tops!

Originally posted by joyandtomstudios
    I wanted to be excited about this license, but a lot of factors are preparing me for disappointment. I mainly collect 1/6th scale figures so Hot Toys getting the license was disappointing. They do great figures but they do not go very far into lines and do characters I would really like to have. HT needs to tool a shorter body to work for Burt Ward/Robin and I wonder if they are willing to do that. Had they made Rorshach for the Watchman line they would have a body already that would work for Robin. If the Back to the Future rumors are true they almost have to make a shorter body for Marty so that would make Robin more likely. After Joker and/or Catwoman I don't see HT making any of the other characters. Another factor is Adam West. Our studio was working on the Adam West sculpt for the Zica 8 inch figure. By the time Adam's requested changes were approved on the sculpt we were asking that our name be taken off of any packaging and advertising. His vision of what he thought he looked like was somewhat different than what the reference indicated. If he gets to sign off on any portraits that are done of him people are going to be disappointed. Shatner is the same way. That's why you never see licensed product with an accurate likeness of him. I look forward to seeing what ever comes out as that show was, is and always will be one of my all time favorites. Any company that man-ups and does a figure of Egghead or King Tut will get my money no matter what scale it is in.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by rykerw1701
      My thinking on the price was the Reeve Superman was around $200-$225, and that's where the new Avengers are, too. They'd sell a metric fck ton of Batman figures, which would help with the per unit cost. Batman TV would be a line with a lot of legs, so they can spread out the license cost. Having said that, they're still going to be a lot of money.

And then Paul would know far better than I do, but doesn't a company have to get rights from each actor to produce a figure?
      I SO hope your right. But sometimes actor likeness gets priced higher if that person is a stickler for the cash. Example: Look at the Keaton /Nicholas releases. The Keaton/Batman was $239.99, while Nicholson's Joker was a steeper $264.99. With everything I've seen and heard about West, I fully expect him to ask fans to pay dearly for their wait to get this series out in the public eye. And I'm confident the merchandise is where West stands to make his money, since he doesn't have that much to bank in the series. I'll be stunned if a high end figure of Adam West comes in under $275 to $280.0 MINIMUM. We all know the diehard fans will pay. And West knows it too.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎