X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Frank
    Veteran Member
    • May 2, 2009

We Need Walking Dead ReMegos!

Somebody needs to step up and get this license! 2 figures at at time ... The first two could be Rick and a Walker, followed by Shane and a Walker, then Darrell and a Walker ...and so on and so on. This show is hot, I'm pretty sure they would sell pretty well. Thoughts?

Frank
  • ODBJBG
    Permanent Member
    • May 15, 2009

Kinda surprised nobody has done this, to be honest. The only WD toy stuff is McFarlane and their figures are pretty much universally hated, yet WD did decent for them because people are desperate for the junk for the project. EMCE has already shown that they seem to have a desire to do zombie stuff and have pumped out some pretty cool zombies already. Likewise, while it seems like a niche thing, it's pretty huge and certainly as much if not a lot more of a market than say Lost, which BBP rolled the dice on.

I assume it may have something to do with the license itself. But a company doing ReMegos could just snag the comic license if it's available and it's probably a lot cheaper and because of the Mego mentality, the soft likeness would pass for most folks as TV stuff, even though it's really comic stuff.

But I'm sure there's some sort of license entanglement holding it up. If not, yeah someone should get on it!

Comment

• Chris
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 23, 2009

Rick in his sheriff's costume from the first episode would be great.
      If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

Yeah, I'd go for these.
        They could make a build-a-figure zombie for the first series.
        I want Bicycle Girl!
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Wise4671
          Banned
          • Aug 11, 2007

Great Idea I would be all over these only porblem I see is the price for the rights might be WAYYYYYY up there.

Comment

• bgiles73
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 14, 2010

Diamond Select Toys already has the rights for these and Halo, well at least for Minimates ! They also bought the ZICA body and are using it for Expendables figures and now, Michael Knight. What we all need to do is go to DST's Question and Answers link at artasylum.com and flood them with requests for retro type figures from these and other properties we would like to see!

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
              Mighty Man/Monster Maker
              • Aug 14, 2007

I'm ready, that would be FREAKING awesome!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
              https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• Teemu
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 15, 2010

give me some walking dead Mego's!

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

I'd buy them.

Comment

• Charlton Fan
                    • Jun 11, 2012

I'm already making space for them... Hear that guys? Get busy making them!

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎