Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Dr. Wells: I can't get the head on the body!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • filmation batman fan
    The Man of Many Voices
    • Aug 30, 2005

HELP! Dr. Wells: I can't get the head on the body!!!

Okay, I just got the Dr. Rudy Wells figure from Bif Bang Pow today and I decided to switch heads, but I have been trying and trying to get the head on the body AND I CAN'T DO IT!!! I've tried mashing the bottom part of the head in the hole with a fork or knife like I've done with Dr. Mego heads, but to no avail and I've cut myself twice trying. I've tried all three heads and none of them will fit on the body. The bottom of the head is obviously bigger than the hole at the top of the body. My question is, What Gives? What is the trick to getting the head on the Mego Body?
    Suggestions are appreciated.
  • Figuremod73
    That 80's guy
    • Jul 27, 2011

Havent seen those figures up close but: you'll probably have to take a dremel to the hole and widen it a little.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

try running it under hot water for a bit, it softens up the plastic/rubber

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
        Often invisible
        • Jul 18, 2002

I don't have the Dr. Wells set, but you should try heating the neck plug, either with a hair dryer or boiling water. That should make it softer and more pliable.
        Also, I wouldn't use any object sharp enough to cut yourself trying to push it in. You will likely damage the head. I usually use a wooden chopstick or wooden cuticle sticks.
        Good luck!
        Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

For future reference, you'd be much better off investing a few bucks for a couple of extra bodies from Doc MEGO. You can also buy surgical scrubs from Doc & CTVT. With the extra bodies and scrubs you can display all three Rudy figs at once, and you won't risk damaging the figures or cause undue bodily harm to yourself.

Comment

• ctc
            Fear the monkeybat!
            • Aug 16, 2001

>you'd be much better off investing a few bucks for a couple of extra bodies from Doc MEGO.

I agree. If you're having trouble with the heads, some hot water works well, and shouldn't damage them. (Doesn't have to be boiling, hot from the faucet should work.) A hair dryer on medium works too.

Don C.

Comment

• MightyMegs
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 5, 2009

How about painted heads... can they be boiled-and-popped too? I want to upgrade the bod on my new EMCE Picard, but I don't want to ruin him in the process...

Comment

• ctc
                Fear the monkeybat!
                • Aug 16, 2001

>How about painted heads...

Hmmmm.... I haven't seen one in person , but they SHOULD be okay. The paint they use on 'em is typically designed for flexability, to better adhere to they vinyl and not crack during temperature changes.

You might want some corroberation on that first, though.

Don C.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                  One eyed, wonder
                  • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by MightyMegs
                  How about painted heads... can they be boiled-and-popped too? I want to upgrade the bod on my new EMCE Picard, but I don't want to ruin him in the process...
                  I'm going with ctc on the WAG that hair-dryer and boiling will not be a problem. To be extra safe, you may consider using a hair-dryer to heat the head for removal (being careful not to work the painted areas), and a boil dip of the neck for reattachment. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎