Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 16, 2012

I was wondering about that. They look tiny!

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

Guitar Hero makes mini-guitars that should be pretty close to in scale. They have some designs that would fit nicely with Kiss, too.

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by sprytel
        Guitar Hero makes mini-guitars that should be pretty close to in scale. They have some designs that would fit nicely with Kiss, too.
        Thx! I'll give that a try.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Figure Inc. released two sneek peeks from the Sonic Boon series. Gene and Eric.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
            Often invisible
            • Jul 18, 2002

Man, those Sonic Boom outfits stink, and I can see that CTVT did what they could with them, but even simplifying them didn't help! HaHa! I like the boots tho and parts of Genes armor. I also wonder if these are production figures or if the heads will shrink a bit because they're kinda big.
            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• megomania
              Persistent Member
              • Jan 2, 2010

Definitely passing on these ones. Oy. They need to change their packaging...

-Chris

Comment

• mego
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 16, 2012

Agreed. The packaging is a missed opportunity to do something cool that could augment the dolls. Something like cut-out guitars or a fold out diorama, something like that. I am still excited for series 2, but these Sonic Boom guys stink.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, based on those early head sculpts, the Sonic Boom figures looked like they would be a more modern day interpretation of quality 1/6th scale figures. These shots suggest that is not the case. But I've come to learn never to trust photos and prototypes. So I'll wait and see what the final product looks like up close. Hopefully these will make it in retail stores as well. I will definitely have to see these up close to render a final decision on their purchase. Figure Inc. is not shy about their asking price. So I won't be shy about turning them away if the quality doesn't match the money they're asking me to fork out. When something new is priced high, I'm more worried about value for the money then a nostalgic moment. I have the original Mego figures and dunked down the money for a Mego-ized version of those. My nostalgia ride is over. It's now about what I'm actually getting. With those increased prices, they're not winning any new fans.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

I don't think the heads look bad, in fact they look better to me painted than I thought they would. I can't blame Figures Inc. for the outfits. The outfits Kiss is wearing for the Sonic Boom tour are unfocused in my opinion. They just aren't streamlined like the 70's outfits were. I do wonder why they went back to the short boot with fabric tops after they did the 1974 set with all new sculpted boots.

I think Figures Inc. did a good job with what they had to work with. Once Sonic Boom is out of the way, I hope the next wave is Destroyer, but their best bet would be Dynasty (even tho those costumes are too "Broadway" for me) as they are the most Super Hero like with the capes and such. If they went all out with the Dynasty set and had new headsculpts of Ace and Peter, or maybe they do an Unmasked set with Eric Carr, That would really win people back.

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by CrimsonGhost
                      Once Sonic Boom is out of the way, I hope the next wave is Destroyer, but their best bet would be Dynasty (even tho those costumes are too "Broadway" for me) as they are the most Super Hero like with the capes and such. If they went all out with the Dynasty set and had new headsculpts of Ace and Peter, or maybe they do an Unmasked set with Eric Carr, That would really win people back.
                      I agree. I understand the band wanting to service new generation fans with the Eric and Tommy figures. But today's kids don't connect well with the Mego "doll" approach. They come from the 6 inch plastic figure era, so I don't see alot of fans eating up Sonic Boom figures. Destroyer and Dynasty era figures would tap into a collector market that would jump on those.

Comment

• mego
                        Veteran Member
                        • Sep 16, 2012

yup. Figures Toy Company is doing a good job with what they've got to work with. I totally agree that the Sonic Boom outfits are a sloppy conglomerates of ideas that worked in the past. I've always been an Ace Frehley guy anyway. Love the idea of Dynasty with the crazy capes! I hope they do that next, but from what the company is saying, we'll see a Dressed To Kill series next... which is a weird choice. hmm.

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Here's Tommy...

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Looks like Tommy. Again, good job by CTVT.
                            Perhaps Figures inc decided to go with fabric boot tops due to Tommy's thigh high boots. Maybe they wanted them to be uniform.

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

And here's Paul. Facially he does look more like the real thing.

Last edited by MIB41; Oct 12, '12, 8:28 PM.

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

Fantastic. I luv it and will get it. Now I have to convince someone to make a box for them.
                                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎