X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RSS
    Museum Robot
    • May 9, 2007

Figures Toy Company announces KISS Series 2 figures

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Figures Toy Company to Release Retro 8 and 12 inch KISS Action Figures Tampa, Fl- September 6, 2012 -Finally!! “You Want It, You Got It - The Hottest Band in the World KISS!” KISS Collectors and Rock Fans get ready to rock again. Figures Toy Company is about to introduce KISS Series 2 action figures, reminiscent of the action figures first released in 1977-1978 by the Mego Toy Company. These figures will have rooted hair, cloth clothing, 16 points of articulation and are based on the very first KISS album from 1974 title “KISS.”

CFO Anthony Balasco states, “I never understood why 8 inch KISS action figures were not produced back in the 1970′s when The Mego Toy Company had already released the 12 inch versions. Our second release will have the retro look from the 1970′s but updated with more detailed costumes. Future releases will cover all time periods in KISS’s 40 year musical career from 1972 to 2012.″ Look for a Demon “Hotter Than Hell” and Starchild with “Bandit Makeup” exclusives and limited edition releases. Collectors will be able to find KISS Series 2 at toy stores, comic shops, music stores and on-line retailers starting in [...]

More...
    Last edited by EMCE Hammer; Sep 14, '12, 1:51 PM.
  • ScottA
    Original Member
    • Jun 25, 2001

Which toy stores will these be at?
    sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• sprytel
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 26, 2009

I am not a big Kiss fan, but to me, the photography of these figures rocks... it really does a great job showcasing them!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I'll admit,I'm lost on the variations here, but kudos to Figures, Inc. for going this deep into the line. They look nice.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
          galactic yo-yo
          • Apr 6, 2006

All time periods? That sounds cool.

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Order placed. I need some Series 2 custom boxes. I love the figures but hate that oversized packaging. I'm delighted that they are sticking with the 1:9 format. The 1:6 scale is great but I don't have the room and cash is getting tight.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Mr Mego
              Love to play with Megos
              • Oct 19, 2003

Glad the company from the Factory made them for the first time with 8" and 12" retro KISS figures with first outfits!!!

Thanks for the heads up!
              Wanted to buy pair original shoes for vintage WOZ Wizard

My Good Buyers/Sellers/Traders list in here.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                galactic yo-yo
                • Apr 6, 2006

Anyone know why Series 2 is more than Series 1?

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                  Anyone know why Series 2 is more than Series 1?
                  I'm sure Figure Inc. has a flip answer. I prefer the obvious... greed!

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                    Often invisible
                    • Jul 18, 2002

It may be greed, but they did have to pay for all new sculpts for the boots and it looks like Gene's head is a new sculpt. I'm glad they made new boots, they could have easily used the existing Mego boots and added the tops if they wanted to. It gives me hope that each wave will have improvements, as little as they may be.
                    Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• boss
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 18, 2003

My guess is that they either sold more than what they were expecting and are testing a higher price point, or they sold less than they were expecting and are hoping to cover more costs.
                      Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

The Gene head sculpt looks like the same sculpt except with the tongue cut out and the mouth slightly modified. The other head sculpts are the same. The manufacturing should be cheaper because they only have to modify paints and put new outfits on them. The bodies are being mass produced for all lines and the heads will likely stay as they are, except for the Sonic Boom figures which look to have more realistic head sculpts.

Comment

• Chris
                          Persistent Member
                          • Dec 23, 2009

Did anybody ever make or enlarge custom KISS heads in 1:9? I'd be into getting some. CTVT needs to get some instruments. Wave 3 is in the works and we don't have one guitar.
                          If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• jackson5677
                            Banned
                            • Oct 19, 2008

http://www.classictvtoys.com/guitarsforfigures.aspx ctvt's guitars.....

Comment

• Chris
                              Persistent Member
                              • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jackson5677
                              I bought these. They are too small for MEGO. These are in scale for a 3" 3/4 figure. Thx for the link.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎