X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

I've been thinking.....

About publishing my own Mego sized patterns through one of the pattern companies, like Simplicity, or Butterick, or even going independent.

Now, getting a business license and tax license are two things I have to do first, then write a business plan and start drafting a few patterns.

Aside from all of that, what would my fellow Megoheads like to see in sewing patterns?

Mind you, the first set will strictly be for the females, who didn't have nearly as many options as Action Jackson, and were mostly relegated to wearing superhero outfits, Walton clothes, or Dinah-mite outfits.

I figured on starting with basic stuff: Panties; tights; skirts; pants and maybe a bodyshirt/leotard/blouse.

But what else do you want to see?

Superhero outfits are great; I figure a basic leotard/bodysuit, cape will do well for any thing.

The materials for the suit would mostly be spandex, or spandex blends.

If I go independent, I can pretty much set my own price; if I go the pattern company route, I think I have to split it with them a certain amount.

A pattern set for guys would definitely be in the future.

Is there a market amongst my fellow Megoheads for this stuff? Or am I simply reaching too high?

A separate pattern set for the ZICA model would also be in the future.

Since neither figure is out yet, I have no way of drafting patterns for them. Especially the female, who has to have three different sized bodices made, due to the three different sized booby options she's going to have.

Don't be shy; let your voices be heard.

Just don't be mean, otherwise you will get not only a virtual atomic wedgie, but a matching noogie to go with it.
    JediJaida
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

Isn't most of this stuff available online? I miss the 9 inch patterns from Atomic Dog. My originals are getting pretty dog eared.
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

I'm not just talking about superhero stuff, but stuff that is more up to date.

Barbie has THOUSANDS of patterns out there, and what do our figures have???

A lot of online patterns that are kind of hard to find, and not always what we might want to dress our figures in.

That's why I'm asking what people want to see in a pattern for females?

Formal? Semi-formal? Medieval? Colonial Era? British Empire? Civil War? Tudor or Elizabethan? Blue jeans? Etc.
      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

so, do you think that most do superhero customs because of what's available to use? If there were a wider variety we'd see more non-spandex types?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Figuremod73
          That 80's guy
          • Jul 27, 2011

Formal? Semi-formal? Medieval? Colonial Era? British Empire? Civil War? Tudor or Elizabethan? Blue jeans? Etc.
          I think all of the above.
          Dont forget styles from different eras to. From the Groovy 70s to cowgirl suits.

Comment

• piecemaker
            There's no need to fear..
            • Jan 26, 2009

There could be a market for the different styles mentioned.I would love to see some examples of your stuff.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
              so, do you think that most do superhero customs because of what's available to use? If there were a wider variety we'd see more non-spandex types?
              Yes, I do. While I like superheroes as much as the next person, we don't really see a whole lot of Ordinary Joe customs; like doctors, nurses, firemen (Emergency doesn't count), soldiers, soccer moms, baseball players, football players, etc.
              JediJaida

Comment

• Figuremod73
                That 80's guy
                • Jul 27, 2011

^ They would make great background characters in little stories involving our heroes to.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

I'd love for those type of costume choices to be available through patterns, but is there really that big of a demand? The mego-size market isn't as large as the 12 inch action figure market and both put together don't even remotely approach the Barbie market.

I'm not looking for a wedgie or nuggie, but I would really do some good market research before worrying about getting a tax number and buying a business license.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by JediJaida
                    Yes, I do. While I like superheroes as much as the next person, we don't really see a whole lot of Ordinary Joe customs; like doctors, nurses, firemen (Emergency doesn't count), soldiers, soccer moms, baseball players, football players, etc.
                    A lot of regular people stuff is available at CTVT and looks like they may be doing more stuff like that based on what's available at the make a figure of yourself site that they have.

Comment

• danadoll
                      Micronaut Nut!
                      • Apr 11, 2005

I apologize to everyone for the resurrection of an ancient thread, but Jaida’s idea intrigued me.

Hi Jaida, did this idea ever go anywhere? Did you come up with ideas for some patterns? I’m interested in new ideas in outfit patterns too, if you still have it in you to pursue this?

Best,

Dana
                      "Do you want a doll?" Kurt

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎