Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Battlestar Galactica Card Art a goof?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimsmegos
    Mego Dork
    • Nov 9, 2008

Is the Battlestar Galactica Card Art a goof?

Just got a Starbuck and am pretty much pleased with the figure. Oh who am I kidding, I love the figure! When I was a kid he was so much cooler than Hon Solo and Luke Skywalker combined. But I digress. The only think I would coplain about is the card art. While it looks fine it appears to be backwards. Shouldn't the faces be on the front to match up with all of the other Bif Bang Pow figures? It looks so 'off' with just the big Ol' Cylon head on the front.

If this has been addressed I apologize for missing the reply but I had to ask. Otherwise thank you BBP and EMCE for bringing Starbuck into the Toy Box!
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Another thing Ive noticed, which fair enough will save them money(less printing plates to pay for, and they are expensive), is that they put the name of the character at the bottom, with a sticker. Still kinda of prefer the name at the top.

Comment

• tllgn
      Persistent Member
      • Feb 6, 2010

it appears that this card art is the new look,with faces on back rather then front,as it is also with the
      six million dollar man figures,its no big deal to me,their great anyway,if i had a choice ,i would rather see
      the faces on the front of the card like mego with the name just above the figure-classic mego style.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
        Career Member
        • Dec 21, 2009

Your voices have been heard. More changes are planned for future releases.
        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
        bifbangpow.com
        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Nice! Democracy in action!

Can't ask for more than that.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
            Moderation Engineer
            • Aug 14, 2003

Are you there, BBP? It's me, Margaret.

I don't think it's a goof. I can understand the line of thinking. Cylons are awesome, why not feature a big dome shot on the front? I am kind of partial to the traditional design, but sometimes it can be kind of blah. I certainly love the departure on the SMDM cards.

Comment

• palitoy
              live. laugh. lisa needs braces
              • Jun 16, 2001

I thought it was kind of cool to depart from the traditional circles but I also take everything off the card, so I it's not like I have to look at it every day either.
              Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
              http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

I prefer the classic Mego design, but the Cylon head sure is an attention grabber. Hard to choose which is best.
                The SMDM cards are perfect.
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                  w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                  • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I thought it was kind of cool to depart from the traditional circles but I also take everything off the card, so I it's not like I have to look at it every day either.
                  I'm on that boat too. I think the cards are awesome, but it's the figures that I'm really after.
                  MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• jimsmegos
                    Mego Dork
                    • Nov 9, 2008

Thinking a little bit more about the card... I think what gets me is that when all of the faces are on the front in the traditional style, it makes me personally want to collect 'em all. So say you are an "on the card" collector, when you have them displayed side by side they look a little drab with the same card art repeated over and over. Again thats just my two cents. I do love 'em all and for whatever strange reason I really,really want an Adama. Something about Lorne Greene just makes it cool. More so than just an "old guy" action figure.

Yep, I'm a dork.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                      Mego obsessed!!!
                      • Jul 20, 2010

I think that if these were for sale in stores,
                      the Cylon pic on the front would grab more attention.
                      After all, the Cylons were the coolest things on the show!
                      But are these available in any retail stores???
                      Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                      My Early Custom Megos

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎