Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

Always great news to have another player in the Megolike business.
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• Megotu
      jerk
      • Dec 16, 2001

I am just happy to see more attention paid the 8 inch Mego styled figure.
      sigpic

Comment

• justzeg18
        Career Member
        • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by drmego
        Did you mean Mattel? Or do you consider Hasbro's 9 inch figures 1/9 scale?
        Yeah, sorry, I meant Mattel. typed that up on my phone so I moved too fast to make the right point.

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I am really eager to see what they do with this. The costume colors in the clips really look like they will go well with the mego format. I want to see what they do with the 8" bodies. Will they try to stick with the classic jointing or go with something more current?

Going from the level of detail I've seen in other NECA figures, I'm very optimistic.

I am anxious to see the first pics.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

This may seem somewhat blasphemous, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone like NECA take the 8" body in a new direction. Much like Hot Toys doesn't make figures like 12" GI Joes from 1964, maybe our hobby would pick up some new blood with a more modern body style available.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

I liked Neca's Rocky figures. They haven't put out the Rocky IV figures shown in this thread yet, but I hope those get released soon. It's worth noting that those figures are just six inches in height. Should be fun to see another eight inch original body though. Very exciting news.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                This may seem somewhat blasphemous, but I wouldn't mind seeing someone like NECA take the 8" body in a new direction. Much like Hot Toys doesn't make figures like 12" GI Joes from 1964, maybe our hobby would pick up some new blood with a more modern body style available.

Chris
                agreed, I would really like to see elastic band type stringing go away. No one seems to get it right nowadays anyway. Mattel would have done better to do the whole body like they did the arms on its Retro line.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                  Invincible Ironing Man
                  • Feb 28, 2008

I like Tarantino, Westerns and the 8" retro cloth format, so if the sculpts are ok, I'm in!
                  This will probably be just a one-off deal (I don't see the "Django trilogy" happening), so even if they perform badly, we'll still have these to enjoy.
                  I think Quention is just aiming for a whole 70s vibe, Megos included!
                  "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎