Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

Put ours together last night...got it for the kid for Xmas and put it away until then. Have to say I was dissapointed. Great idea to recreate, bad construction in my opinion. Actually decided to box it up and throw it up in storage. The kid will have to find a new home for his monsters.

-Chris

Comment

• Megotu
      jerk
      • Dec 16, 2001

I couldn't have been happier with the castle. I did a quick fix for the table and the floors. I used cardboard from the packing box and covered it in wood grain contact paper and cut into 2 floor pieces. This gave it a nice solid floor. Same contact paper on one side of the unfolded table and it looks like the original. Fold it the other way and it is the new khaki look. For comparison, I have owned a vintage Batcave, lost continet (same design), Hall of Justice and Wayne Foundation and a Tara Toys Hulk Hideway. This one fits right in. Give it 9 points out of 10. Way way better than I could have even hoped for. On the comments section on the CTVT page I asked for a Witch's Castle for the Knights and the Sea Fury, (Sears Edition) for the Pirates. Playsets and Vehicles people...That is how you make action figures relevant...
      sigpic

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

Originally posted by Megotu
        I couldn't have been happier with the castle. I did a quick fix for the table and the floors. I used cardboard from the packing box and covered it in wood grain contact paper and cut into 2 floor pieces. This gave it a nice solid floor. Same contact paper on one side of the unfolded table and it looks like the original. Fold it the other way and it is the new khaki look. For comparison, I have owned a vintage Batcave, lost continet (same design), Hall of Justice and Wayne Foundation and a Tara Toys Hulk Hideway. This one fits right in. Give it 9 points out of 10. Way way better than I could have even hoped for. On the comments section on the CTVT page I asked for a Witch's Castle for the Knights and the Sea Fury, (Sears Edition) for the Pirates. Playsets and Vehicles people...That is how you make action figures relevant...
        I agree. I love the castle. The only part of it that I can complain about is the table. It sounds like you made the table just like how MEGO made it which is great. However I did buy the table that is available on Lazer Mego. You should check it out. It is very nice! Her's the link. http://www.lasermego.com/store/operation-table

Comment

• megomania
          Persistent Member
          • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Megotu
          You win, ok? I'm a bad person. I'm insensitive.

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

Great review! Very informative with some great pics. I'll have to consider that one.

Comment

• Megotu
              jerk
              • Dec 16, 2001

Not posting as a counter to your post, just relating how I felt on opening mine. Some people don't like the same things I like. I can live with that. Some people give Ke$ha money. I am not thrilled with that but I can live with that too. With therapy.
              sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                Permanent Member
                • Nov 3, 2002

I ordered one at Halloween to use for my kids and I to display some of our scary Megos. It was fine with the exception of 2 rivets breaking as soon as I took it out of the box.
                Mortui Vivos Docent
                The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• pmwasson
                  Maker
                  • Sep 12, 2007

Can this thread be moved to the new sub-forum?
                  sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• megoscott
                    Founding Partner
                    • Nov 17, 2006

Poof!!
                    This profile is no longer active.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢