X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BATMAN89
    Mego obsessed!!!
    • Jul 20, 2010

Khaki Steve

Hey I got my Khaki Steve yesterday from rche!
    I absolutely love it!!! The hairy chest cracks me up. That's what made me buy him.
    Lee Majors always had his shirt open! It was the 70's!!!
    I do think that it looks like Lee, but I think the sculpt could have been a little better, closer to the Kenner head.
    I still like it though.
    Here is a pic of Steve next to Shazam. Both have the EMCE buff body with swivel arms.
    Why are the Bif Bang Pow figure soooooo white though? I think Steve Austin had a tan! LOL
    Also, for reference. Look at the heads! Steve's head is so pale and large.

Next pics are for more reference. The first pic is with a regular size Mego head,

and the second pic is with a Mego balloon size head.

This just shows that Mego had some whopper size noggins on some of their figures too!

I am really excited about the SMDM figures coming out, and can't wait to see the next waves.

Keep 'em coming BBP!!!
    Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
    My Early Custom Megos
  • ukaking
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 1, 2011

Good stuff!

Comment

• piecemaker
      There's no need to fear..
      • Jan 26, 2009

I'm liking that non-stache Khaki Steve more every time i see him. I'm expecting the Khaki & Red jogger Steve plus Bigfoot from rche tommorrow.I cant wait!

Comment

• Gorn Captain
        Invincible Ironing Man
        • Feb 28, 2008

You won't be disappointed.
        I got my Bigfoot and Track suit Steve yesterday, and even though I hesitated buying them at first, I love these guys. And they look fantastic carded, great artwork.
        And let's be honest, when you look at Mego Captain America, you have to admit they didn't always get it right, either...

I'd still love a slightly better sculpt, but maybe there will be a new Steve in the next wave? Astronaut Steve?
        "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• jeffbearco
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2011

I'd love to see Astronaut Steve! and Denim Suit Steve.

Still hoping for a Silver Maskatron to go with Clear Steve.

I'm also hoping for Jamie and Max!

JeffBearCO

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

i got two extra khaki steves today so i can custom clothe him.both were moustached where i only wanted one but oh well.i think he looks less like lee majors with it plus i don't remember the episodes when i was young where he sported one.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Finally landed me a mustache version today along with my Cylon set of six. I'm very pleased. Would like to get one more mustache version. I LOVE this line up. I'm buying multiples of everything. Right now I have four Khaki Steves (3 shaven, 1 stache), 2 red suit Steves, 2 Big Foot figures and the convention special lunch box Rudy. I'm lovin' it.

Comment

• filmation batman fan
                The Man of Many Voices
                • Aug 30, 2005

I got the Khaki Steve Austin for my birthday and I am loving this figure. I just sent off for Dr. Rudy Wells and I have to wait until November to get Oscar Goldman. I also want to get the mustache variant as well as the classic red jogging suit version. I also hope we get more variants on Steve in the future. I agree with the space suit and hopefully, one of those leisure suits he sported. And I may be in a class by myself here, but I would like to get a Steve Austin with that thick haired season 5 variant for the sake of covering the entire series.

Comment

• phil
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 11, 2007

This figure is cool! I got two so I could put one in different clothes. I would post a picture if I could. I was happy not to get either figure with the mustache. I don't like that look. I could do without the chest hair but it's not a deal breaker. I wish I had this figure and the other SMDM figures back in the '70s.

Comment

• nobody
                    banjo!
                    • Jan 26, 2012

I think someone should take a CTVT jet jungle black turtleneck and put it under khaki Steve like in promo shots. Take a pic when your done.

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
                      CALLING ALL DUKES !!
                      • May 12, 2011

Looks really great. Wish someone would make 8 in. BIG JIM
                      "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• phil
                        Persistent Member
                        • May 11, 2007

The Steve I redressed is wearing his own shoes, tan CTVT pants, black t-shirt w/collar also CTVT and the tan jacket by CTVT. There are a few episodes wear Steve wears a similar outfit so I went with that.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎