• jwyblejr
    galactic yo-yo
    • Apr 6, 2006

I liked Rory with the egg bit.

Comment

• MEMEGO
      Career Member
      • Sep 6, 2007

I loved the first episode of the new series. I love the new companion, I have not been this excited about a companion since billie piper. look forward to the rest of the episodes. My only complaint isthat the season is only 6 episodes long this year (5 regular and a Christmas Special) then no to... drum roll please, the big 50th year of Who, I cant wait.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Cool episode... Lots of plot holes, though. Will watch it again later.

Also, a big deal was made of the fact that the Asylum would contain Daleks from the show's entire history, but in the end we hardly got a glimpse of most of them.

But still... always great to see Daleks

Seeing Jenna Louise Coleman (the new companion) early was a cool surprise.

Although the mysterious thing is that in last night's episode she played the character Oswin Oswald, and it was announced that her name as the Doctor's new companion would be Clara Oswin.

Interesting...

Last edited by Bruce Banner; Sep 2, '12, 6:34 AM.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Very good episode, enjoyed it a lot!

Comment

• raider5gt
            Museum Tree Cutter
            • Nov 25, 2007

Yeah it was a good episode to kick off the season,was cool to see the special wepons Dalek as Mike mentioned,thought we may see a few more Daleks from the different eras of the Dr.It's a shame the season is a short one,5 episodes and the xmas special,oh well,atleast the Dr is back on our screens for abit.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by raider5gt
              ............................,oh well,atleast the Dr is back on our screens for abit.
              So true, I would have happily taken even 1 story per year during 1990-2004

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                Invincible Ironing Man
                • Feb 28, 2008

Excellent story all around.
                Smith is in good form, he's really into the part now.
                I loved the idea of the Dalek asylum, where insanity and hate are a thing of beauty. What a great concept!
                The story had many nice twists, great visuals, and some parts were rather scary, like when Rory lands in the asylum full of rusty Daleks. I'll be sorry to see Rory go.
                And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bake a soufflé!
                "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• raider5gt
                  Museum Tree Cutter
                  • Nov 25, 2007

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
                  And now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to bake a soufflé!
                  I hope your going to use some EGGS?

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jan 17, 2011

Watched it this afternoon - not a bad episode. Getting a little tired of the emphisis on Amy and Rory, although I still think Karen Gillan is hot. I liked the DALEKS coming to the Doctor for help and seeing all those DALEKS.
                    The only thing I didn't really like were the "human" DALEKS - reminds me too much of the "human" Cylon of the new Battlestar Galactica.

Comment

• ctc
                      Fear the monkeybat!
                      • Aug 16, 2001

>The only thing I didn't really like were the "human" DALEKS

I equated them with new versions of the Robomen from the Dalek Invasion story.

Don C.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                        Muddling through
                        • Oct 4, 2008

so why is it such a short season this year? did Smith announce he was leaving as well?

Comment

• ODBJBG
                          Permanent Member
                          • May 15, 2009

Hated the episode. Amy Pond becomes even more intolerable (she dumped Rory cause she can't have kids. ***? Couldn't they have like TALKED about this? Nope she just apparently dumped him without ever telling him why and after he waited 1,000 years for her?! What a turd she is) and the fact that the old style Daleks were back with no mention of the fact that they did a whole episode around destroying ALL of those Daleks in Smith's first season just makes me hate Moffat even more.

The girl "twist" I could see a mile coming and it didn't even like, have a good response when it happened. It was just like, yeah I knew that was coming, shocked they didn't try and make it more interesting.

The Eggs thing was the only thing memorable in the episode, IMO, aside from the Dalek cameos.

Also, what exactly was the point of the episode again? The Daleks never really made it overwhelmingly clear why they needed to destroy their own asylum. Or why they would create a software that allows one Dalek to overtake all of their minds. Much less a freaking human. I guess Moffat forgot that whole episode he did about how Daleks destroy inferior Daleks. Now they give inferior Daleks the ability to control them all. Cause that makes sense.

So many annoying little frustrating things in that episode. This show needs Davies back in the worst way.
                          Last edited by ODBJBG; Sep 3, '12, 7:00 AM.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                            Invincible Ironing Man
                            • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by raider5gt
                            I hope your going to use some EGGS?
                            I want an apron with Eggs-terminate! on it....
                            "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

You make a couple of good points, I have to admit.
                              I liked the episode, but I put my analytical brain in the freezer for once. Moffat makes a lot of illogical script decisions that don't bear scrutiny ("if you don't want the nanotech to take you over, just think about love").
                              Still, if you go with the flow, this one was entertaining.
                              And you're right, Amy's behavior and decisions (for leaving Rory) were pretty weak. "You waited a thousand years for me. So what?"

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                              Hated the episode. Amy Pond becomes even more intolerable (she dumped Rory cause she can't have kids. ***? Couldn't they have like TALKED about this? Nope she just apparently dumped him without ever telling him why and after he waited 1,000 years for her?! What a turd she is) and the fact that the old style Daleks were back with no mention of the fact that they did a whole episode around destroying ALL of those Daleks in Smith's first season just makes me hate Moffat even more.

The girl "twist" I could see a mile coming and it didn't even like, have a good response when it happened. It was just like, yeah I knew that was coming, shocked they didn't try and make it more interesting.

The Eggs thing was the only thing memorable in the episode, IMO, aside from the Dalek cameos.

Also, what exactly was the point of the episode again? The Daleks never really made it overwhelmingly clear why they needed to destroy their own asylum. Or why they would create a software that allows one Dalek to overtake all of their minds. Much less a freaking human. I guess Moffat forgot that whole episode he did about how Daleks destroy inferior Daleks. Now they give inferior Daleks the ability to control them all. Cause that makes sense.

So many annoying little frustrating things in that episode. This show needs Davies back in the worst way.

Comment

• Mego Magyar
                                Permanent Member
                                • Jan 17, 2011

Originally posted by ODBJBG
                                The Daleks never really made it overwhelmingly clear why they needed to destroy their own asylum.
                                What I got on that point was because of the signal they were receiving it seemed that someone had breached the forcefield on the planet and if someone could get in then the "crazy" DALEKs cold get out and they would pose a threat to the "normal" DALEKs.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎