Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raider5gt
    Museum Tree Cutter
    • Nov 25, 2007

Have not seen it yet,will watch it later,sounds like an alright episode though.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• ctc
      Fear the monkeybat!
      • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

If you haven't seen it yet you might want to not read this post.

>They can only attack you if you blink or look away so why do people run off when they see one?

For some it's reflex. For the main characters they try to stare at them, but it's tough to go more than a minute or so without blinking. (They showed some of that this episode.)

>I loved that Statue of Liberty angel but I didn't understand it.

That was one of the things I'd like to have seen expanded on. They mention the angels have been using the building as a farm, and that they've infiltrated all of New York; but we get no idea HOW.... although there are little bits that imply someone had thought it through. Stuff like the idea there are babies, and a weird collector guy managed to capture one, and not just the Statue of Liberty but we see other distinctly Terran statues animated. We know the angels are based on perception and image.... and that their existence can be captured in things like reflections.... implying that maybe they somehow inhabit statues, or swap places with them, or absorb the essence of the statue.... It almost felt like the episode where the plot is presented has been lost, and maybe we'll get an animated version over the soundtrack at some point.

Don C.

Comment

• raider5gt
        Museum Tree Cutter
        • Nov 25, 2007

^^^^^
        Not to worried about spoilers Don.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

SPOILERS/SPOILERS/SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was a decent episode, I liked it better than anticipated.
          I'm really pleased Rory and Amy had their Happily Ever After, even if it was in the past. A nice surprise.

Didn't really understand why the paradox wiped out the Angels (except the last one on the cemetery). I guess I'm not bright enough...
          It was nice and scary, though, which was cool.

So the Doctor can never visit Rory and Amy again. Well, he rarely visits other companions anyway, so I think his anguish is a bit ott, but then again, every Doctor is different.

Mike: Why didn't anybody notice the Statue of Liberty walking by?
          Don't people in NY (at night) avoid eye contact, so they won't get mugged?
          "Giant scary statue walking by, look away, look away...."

I rather liked this season, much better than the previous one!
          Last edited by Gorn Captain; Sep 30, '12, 10:14 AM.
          "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Mikey
            Verbose Member
            • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by Gorn Captain
            Don't people in NY (at night) avoid eye contact, so they won't get mugged?
            "Giant scary statue walking by, look away, look away....
            Been to NYC MANY times.

If you look away from people it makes you appear timid.

If you eyeball people you either look aggresive or at least a nut --- both works

Just remember, no matter where you are always let people know YOU are a tiger

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I think they should have left things they were last season when they said good-bye to Amy and Rory. But they had to bring them back and do this for their farewell.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎