X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fallensaviour
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 28, 2006

Really looking forward to Hartnell!!!
    Then I'd like to see 2nd doctor.That would keepme happy for a year or so...LOL
    “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
      Bif Bang Pow!, along with our official distributor EE Distribution (Entertainment Earth) never take payments in advance for anything on pre-order. Other retailers are encouraged to follow the same policy.

Unfortunately there will be more delays on our entire line of 8-inch figures, pushing the next releases into early 2013. That's right. Doctor Who, The Twilight Zone, Six Million Dollar Man and The Venture Bros. will all be delayed again. This has nothing to do with sales levels. It is a combination of approvals, factory changes, timing, and one unlucky shipment of ALL of our prototypes that have been stuck in Chinese customs since we sent them from Comic-Con in July. Yep. The fun never ends.
      I think one fact has been made abundantly clear. If anyone had the resources to set up a factory here, they would roll in the money. There is such a enormous need for manufacturing in this country, it is unreal. The Chinese have the only game in town and play that hand accordingly. So many companies are stung by these factories overseas and yet there is nothing anyone can do to counter that strangle hold on the marketplace. Maybe one day this country will wise up and bring the jobs back home where people can have some pride in the phrase "made in America". I know these companies would rally to the cause.

Comment

• Chris
        Persistent Member
        • Dec 23, 2009

No worries. The figures are ordered. They are just going to hang on my wall anyway. Hopefully this hasn't been too stressful.

FYI: I'm running out of wall space.
        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

I just noticed Barnubus got knocked all the way back to May of 2013. Bummer... But I understand. It will be great to have new product to look forward to in 2013. Plus it will give me time to finish my basement remodeling and create space for them anyway.

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
            I just noticed Barnubus got knocked all the way back to May of 2013. Bummer... But I understand. It will be great to have new product to look forward to in 2013. Plus it will give me time to finish my basement remodeling and create space for them anyway.
            That's the attitude! Plus, we can put some money aside. Daggnabbit. I had received 2 Barnabas figures by mistake (from Amok Time) and sent one back. Had I known I would have sent it your way.

Originally posted by MIB41
            I think one fact has been made abundantly clear. If anyone had the resources to set up a factory here, they would roll in the money. There is such a enormous need for manufacturing in this country, it is unreal. The Chinese have the only game in town and play that hand accordingly. So many companies are stung by these factories overseas and yet there is nothing anyone can do to counter that strangle hold on the marketplace. Maybe one day this country will wise up and bring the jobs back home where people can have some pride in the phrase "made in America". I know these companies would rally to the cause.
            Great observation! It must be cost prohibitive in this country.
            Last edited by Chris; Oct 3, '12, 7:58 AM.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• mythmaker18
              • Jan 31, 2012

Originally posted by GaryPlaysWithDolls
              I came to the Dr. Who party late in the game, so only Eccleston, Tennant and Smith would hold any real interest for me. Rose Tyler, maybe? Donna Noble (for sure). Weeping Angel...too cool for words...I'd be all over newer Who. (Jack Harkness...)
              Don't think you'll ever see an 8" Rose Tyler. Don't think she'd ever give permission for her likeness. The reason is that she hated the first figure that Character Options did (admittedly, not up to their current standards), and when they did the "New Earth" Rose, she apparently wasn't entirely happy with that one either (although it's a much better likeness than that first one), because CO's planned re-do of an "Eccleston" Rose (the prototype, IMO, is gorgeous) had to be permanently sidelined (you can see a picture of it here).

Also, given that Character Options produce all of the 5" figures, and have recently done 10" "New Series" figures, there might be a problem with BBP getting a licence for New Series characters at this point.
              Last edited by mythmaker18; Oct 12, '12, 9:01 AM.

Comment

• Mikey
                Verbose Member
                • Aug 9, 2001

I liked the New Earth Rose

Always thought the Character Options Jack looked like Christopher Reeve

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                  Career Member
                  • Dec 21, 2009

Just a quick FYI - we do have the rights to produce characters from all eras of the show. Our recent temporary factory delays are not stopping us from working on a whole host of figures for 2013, including Matt Smith.
                  Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                  bifbangpow.com
                  twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• pmwasson
                    Maker
                    • Sep 12, 2007

Awesome news! 2013 is going to be great!
                    sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• fallensaviour
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 28, 2006

Excellent news!!

I've been watching as many 63,64,65 season episodes as I can in anticipation of the Hartnell figure...LOL
                      Looking forward to more Doctors in 2013
                      “When you say “It’s hard”, it actually means “I’m not strong enough to fight for it”. Stop saying its hard. Think positive!”

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎