Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bobws
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 13, 2008

I think they should alternate between a modern Doctor and a Past Doctor on the releases. But More importantly they need to release a Companion at the SAME TIME as the Doctor.
    A set of 4 should have the Doctor with an alien and a Companion with an alien. So the First Doctor should come with Susan and 2 aliens or enemies.
    The next set of 4 should be Matt Smith with The dream lord or Impossible Astronaut and Amy Pond and a Weeping Angel.
    Then Go to Hartnell and Meddling Monk/Celestial Toymaker and Susan with Sensorite.(cousin of the OOD don't you know)
    "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• THE FALCON
      Career Member
      • Jan 2, 2011

Though I liked the Meddling Monk story I would rather see some other first doctor villains be made instead. Ones who are more visually interesting like:

whoweb4.jpg
      The Menoptera

dw50revrescue2.jpg
      Koquillion

Comment

• vulcan2074
        Live Long and Prosper
        • Mar 23, 2008

Originally posted by palitoy
        The next wave is supposed to be Kraal and the first Doctor:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1390[/ATTACH]
        I like.
        Sammy

Comment

• THE FALCON
          Career Member
          • Jan 2, 2011

DSC04865.jpg

Here's a better pic of William Hartnell's Doctor.

Comment

• jonwes
            Museum Patron
            • Nov 17, 2011

I hope after that blessed day we get the announced waves that the next couple are swift in coming.
            I'd love to see the release schedule for the Doctors go:

1st Doctor
            11th Doctor
            3rd Doctor
            10th Doctor
            6th Doctor
            9th Doctor
            8th Doctor
            2nd Doctor
            5th Doctor

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
              Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
              • Mar 3, 2010

William Hartnell's first Doctor & Kraal look really great to me. I hope they, (& 2 more aliens) are in the next (3rd) wave of BBP's Doctor Who figures. But im also still looking VERY forward to wave 2 - Scaroth, Morbius, Sutekh & Leela. Those 3 aliens look really great, & I want them in my collection! For me, I think having whatever doctor they do, & 3 aliens is probably the best way to go for each wave. Companions, while good in the show, aren't necessary for me as far as collecting the figures are concerned. But, whatever BBP makes for Dr Who, I'm sure I'll get them!
              Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Sep 1, '12, 8:07 AM.
              Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• drmego
                EMCE Toys
                • Jun 15, 2001

Netflix is great for watching past Doctor Who episodes. You can get a good number of episodes
                on Instant Viewing and DVDs are available for many many more.

I have been inhaling all Doctors, even the Fox movie, for over a year now. It's not easy to watch
                the very early episodes - between the slow pace and the B&W - but it helps to understand the past
                when watching the present shows.
                www.drmego.com
                www.megoman.com
                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• pmjlghrs
                  • Oct 28, 2010

For the first two doctors (especially the second doctor) there are a ton of lost episodes. There is a group of fans who have taken screen shots and audio that someone recorded on reel to reel and reconstructed "slide shows" of the lost episodes. They even put Marco Polo into color!

The first regeneration is missing a lot of frames, but it works pretty well and is certainly better than nothing!

Comment

• Mikey
                    Verbose Member
                    • Aug 9, 2001

That Willaim Hartnell looks WAY BETTER than I had imagined

It's soooo much easier passing stuff up when it looks like crap

Damn you guys !!!!!!

Comment

• cyberlord
                      • Jul 13, 2010

my local supplier first listed wave 3 of these as may , then july,then august then it moved to september and now november- what gives??? theyve been taking advance payments on these since january

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
                        Career Member
                        • Dec 21, 2009

Originally posted by cyberlord
                        my local supplier first listed wave 3 of these as may , then july,then august then it moved to september and now november- what gives??? theyve been taking advance payments on these since january
                        Bif Bang Pow!, along with our official distributor EE Distribution (Entertainment Earth) never take payments in advance for anything on pre-order. Other retailers are encouraged to follow the same policy.

Unfortunately there will be more delays on our entire line of 8-inch figures, pushing the next releases into early 2013. That's right. Doctor Who, The Twilight Zone, Six Million Dollar Man and The Venture Bros. will all be delayed again. This has nothing to do with sales levels. It is a combination of approvals, factory changes, timing, and one unlucky shipment of ALL of our prototypes that have been stuck in Chinese customs since we sent them from Comic-Con in July. Yep. The fun never ends.
                        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
                        bifbangpow.com
                        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

I am disappointed for BBP. Giving my wallet a little more time to rebound is good for me, but I can imagine how this throws a wrench in your plans.

Comment

• Timothy2251
                            Jerks beef with Ten Bears
                            • Mar 15, 2008

Shucks! And I just ordered the TARDIS and K-9 set from EE, too!

Ah, well. These things happen, and early 2013 isn't that far off. Hope all goes well for everyone at BBP and things get back on track SOON! Luh you guys *brohug*
                            "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• pmwasson
                              Maker
                              • Sep 12, 2007

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to the new releases and can wait.
                              sigpic LaserMego

Comment

• Mikey
                                Verbose Member
                                • Aug 9, 2001

Thanks for the update

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎