X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wayne foundation 07
    Time to feed the cat
    • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Chris
    You could see some of Dr MEGO's monster figures in the last episode of Toy Hunters. I can't stand the host or the premise of the show (toy flipping) but I do enjoy watching those toys.
    Me too!

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
      CALLING ALL DUKES !!
      • May 12, 2011

Please don't get me started again !!!
      "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• hollywoodheroes
        • May 19, 2011

Hey guys-

Read all the comments here... and thanks, I do take them to heart.

Tune in tomorrow night on Travel Channel. It's Mego Madness at its best. I have friend Mark Huckabone on the show with me, and we sell a very rare Mego prototype.

This was an actual sale, not staged for the show... I hope you all tune in and watch.

TOY HUNTER 9pm EST.

Thanks again for letting me come here, and be a part of the forum.

Jordan Hembrough
        Hollywood Heroes
        Toy-Hunter

Comment

• sauce
          Removed
          • Jun 24, 2007

Prototype. . . . .drooooooollllllllll

Comment

• hollywoodheroes
            • May 19, 2011

Hey folks-

One more point I want to make about the show, since I hear so many people commenting on prices. These people are told exactly what I am going to sell the items for. I sit with them, and even research the items with them. There is a lot more than you see on screen... trust me. We film with these people for 14 hours... and it gets cut down.

I am still in contact with everyone from Season 1. I call them when their show is on, and make sure they are happy with the final cut.

And remember, I do pay high on stuff as well. I totally overpaid for the Superman puppet.. and trust me, it was a learning experience.

I just hope you all stick around for Season 2, as well do have some great Mego finds in store.

And for those who commented on me being annoying... I have heard you. I have taken comments to heart. Please remember... this show is made for the general audience. Here, we are collectors and have great experience with the products. However, on the show... producers want me to get "excited" and "have fun" with the toys. So, yes.. I do tend to over-do it a bit.

Thanks again for watching,
            Sincerely,
            Jordan
            Hollywood Heroes

Comment

• bigphill
              • Apr 6, 2012

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with the show. Of course these are things most of us have all seen before, but to see it on television is another thing all together. I am looking forward to tomorrows show....on a side note I sent out a tweet some time ago wondering if they would do a episode based on Megos, and I got a fast response back to stay tuned that they had one coming up....so I suppose this is it.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

Jordan,

Welcome. I have been enjoying the show. Compared to much of the dreck that is reality TV, it's a breath of fresh air. Don't tone down your enthusiasm for toys TOO much. I know some find it "annoying", but you come across as a likeable guy, and that is something we need more of on TV these days.

I'm not just saying that because you are here. If you check this and other threads, I've said the same thing before.

Looking forward to seeing more...and I'm still envious of you for finding all that good Bat-stuff on the show a few weeks back! I'd never seen the Mattel ride-on before.

Oh, and what DID happen to your red-headed female assistant in that one episode? We all suspected that she was an add on to sweeten the deal, but has yet to return. Understandable if you can't go into such things.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                  Ultimate Mego Warrior
                  • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by hollywoodheroes
                  Hey folks-

One more point I want to make about the show, since I hear so many people commenting on prices. These people are told exactly what I am going to sell the items for. I sit with them, and even research the items with them. There is a lot more than you see on screen... trust me. We film with these people for 14 hours... and it gets cut down.

I am still in contact with everyone from Season 1. I call them when their show is on, and make sure they are happy with the final cut.

And remember, I do pay high on stuff as well. I totally overpaid for the Superman puppet.. and trust me, it was a learning experience.

I just hope you all stick around for Season 2, as well do have some great Mego finds in store.

And for those who commented on me being annoying... I have heard you. I have taken comments to heart. Please remember... this show is made for the general audience. Here, we are collectors and have great experience with the products. However, on the show... producers want me to get "excited" and "have fun" with the toys. So, yes.. I do tend to over-do it a bit.

Thanks again for watching,
                  Sincerely,
                  Jordan
                  Hollywood Heroes
                  Very cool to have ya here man..Glad to don't take things to personally..very very cool of you
                  "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                  My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Welcome, Jordan!

I for one, enjoy your show.

No, not trying to kiss your butt or anything, I do like watching your show, lol.

Staged or not staged, it is television, so there should be a bit of drama involved...and I do like your enthusiasm...it comes across as genuine.

I have that Superman puppet, and I knew beforehand that you had indeed overpaid for it...but hey...that has happened to everyone of us at some point or another.

I have absolutely no issue with you buying cheap...and then selling for a profit...that's the name of the game.

Having said that...I'd rather sell at premium collector prices, than bargain ones...that's why I would never qualify to be on your show...lol.

Continue success...and keep on trucking!
                    sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
                      Welcome, Jordan!

I for one, enjoy your show.

No, not trying to kiss your butt or anything, I do like watching your show, lol.

Staged or not staged, it is television, so there should be a bit of drama involved...and I do like your enthusiasm...it comes across as genuine.

I have that Superman puppet, and I knew beforehand that you had indeed overpaid for it...but hey...that has happened to everyone of us at some point or another.

I have absolutely no issue with you buying cheap...and then selling for a profit...that's the name of the game.

Having said that...I'd rather sell at premium collector prices, than bargain ones...that's why I would never qualify to be on your show...lol.

Continue success...and keep on trucking!

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                        Anyone noticed the hot redhead has yet to reappear?
                        Please don't let it be that annoying and obnoxious new Wendy's Topo Gigio-looking chick...I can't stand her...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool

I'm kissing up to him so I can unload my own Super Puppet to him for at least $300...

sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                            Ultimate Mego Warrior
                            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Hector

I'm kissing up to him so I can unload my own Super Puppet to him for at least $300...

lol

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Hey Jordan one quick question if you don't mind bro...I'm honestly a fan of the show so I gotta ask..In the pilot episode i noticed in the intro of the show...you had the Kenner Mask Stretch figures and some dude was asking the price..you said $120 each, I emailed you and asked if you still had them and you said yes but the price was $400 each

Did the prices go up because of the show and it's success? or do you price items differently at shows? sorry I'm not asking to be a pain in the butt or put you on the spot or anything..I'm just truly interested cause it's a toy I'd love to have..

Thanx man

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
                                Hey Jordan one quick question if you don't mind bro...I'm honestly a fan of the show so I gotta ask..In the pilot episode i noticed in the intro of the show...you had the Kenner Mask Stretch figures and some dude was asking the price..you said $120 each, I emailed you and asked if you still had them and you said yes but the price was $400 each

Did the prices go up because of the show and it's success? or do you price items differently at shows? sorry I'm not asking to be a pain in the butt or put you on the spot or anything..I'm just truly interested cause it's a toy I'd love to have..

Thanx man
                                I'm kissing his arse...and you are kicking his arse...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎