X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris
    Persistent Member
    • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by toys2cool
    funny he was showing an Item i wanted on one of the episodes and he says a price...so i contacted him and asked if he still had it..He said yea but the price was almost triple what he was asking on tv
    I'm not a fan of the "toy flipper" in general. I'd like him and the show more if he was buying the toys for his own collection. Actually, if we could remove him from the show it would be great. Dr. MEGO would be perfect.
    Last edited by Chris; Sep 1, '12, 2:37 AM.
    If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Just a few thought here. At least the show is on a basic cable channel, So re-airings will be frequent. One is coming up as I type.
      The other thing I have to laugh about is his assistant back at the office. I get the feeling she was hired specially for the show to be some kind of eye candy and probably has little or no experience/love for the subject of toy collecting. Jordan, on the other hand; wears his toy love on his sleeve. His expressions in regards to the toyfinds are probably exactly what mine would be. He seems like-able and passionate.
      Anyone noticed the hot redhead has yet to reappear? I was thinking maybe the episodes were aired out of order, and the redhead was a late edition, but I believe she appeared in episode 2 (the first one aired after the pilot). So was she dropped? In this week's episode he mentions the home office, but no mention of her.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• palitoy
        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
        • Jun 16, 2001

I noticed that, she seemed so "forced" that it bugged me. Even the way she was "doing inventory" looked poorly thought out.

So far, I don't mind the show at all, although I'd prefer it if Hembrough explained the toy/item to the audience rather than the collector. It seems weird to go into a guy's house that's filled with collectibles and tell them about the item they have. A lot of these folks seem to know what they're doing.
        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• megoscott
          Founding Partner
          • Nov 17, 2006

The assistant was really hysterical. Just like the hot alterna-chick on Pickers but totally unbelievable. there's no way this guy is making enough bank to justify the hot assistant. Although like I told my wife, Huckabone almost always has cute girls working with him.

I'm glad they filmed his reaction to the suitcase of crappy CHips figures, because it's the first time in recorded history anyone has been THAT impressed by those yellowed bubbled Zombies.
          This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• FETT1
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 4, 2012

do NOT get the channel here in WESTERN CANADA ..caught it on u tub-ola...ok,nothing great about the HOST ...but the cool toy's from days gone by!!!!me LIKEY...
            MISS NEAT STUFF TV SHOW ...that was a very cool show
            if it AIN'T a toy..I DON'T WANT IT !!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

So far, I don't mind the show at all, although I'd prefer it if Hembrough explained the toy/item to the audience rather than the collector. It seems weird to go into a guy's house that's filled with collectibles and tell them about the item they have. A lot of these folks seem to know what they're doing.
              Yeah, that bugs me. And on this week's episode, the Spider-Man collector said the 1.1 million dollars price in the teaser, and then in the actual aired segment, Hembrough said it. It's oddly edited (but most reality shows are).

I do enjoy the show, it's neat to see the stuff on TV, and Hembrough is more likeable than many reality TV folks.

I'm now waiting to see if the redheaded gal returns. Maybe the Pickers girl sued her for copyright infringement?

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• k2
                Career Member
                • Sep 12, 2007

a bit off topic, but frank and mike are waaaaay more likeable than the dude on toy hunters

Comment

• palitoy
                  • Jun 16, 2001

Just saw the Spider-Man episode, thought he waaaaay overpaid for the loose broken Remco Spidey and the Chem Toy web toy. A broken energized spidey can't crack $15 easily and the Chem Toy piece tops out usually under $200. I've had a couple and never paid more than $75.

Also thought a lot of the games and toys he bought were just to broaden the show's appeal, I doubt he regulalry sells Battleship.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

Yeah, the price he was throwing around for that Remco Spidey kinda made me raise my eyebrows (same with some other items). A lot of things said and shown on the show seem somewhat unlikely, and there is some inaccurate information thrown out there at times, but it's cool seeing all the vintage stuff in other people's collections and Jordan is a likeable enough host, so I'll keep watching.

Comment

• toys2cool
                      Ultimate Mego Warrior
                      • Nov 27, 2006

Is there a website to watch the missed episodes?
                      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• drmego
                        EMCE Toys
                        • Jun 15, 2001

Thanks, but I don't have the face or body for TV.

The point of this show is to make the general public aware that old toys have value.
                        Unfortunately for everyone here, that means that it will be harder to buy old toys cheap.
                        Every garage sale is going to want $$$ for every busted old Star Wars toy.

Originally posted by Chris
                        I'm not a fan of the "toy flipper" in general. I'd like him and the show more if he was buying the toys for his own collection. Actually, if we could remove him from the show it would be great. Dr. MEGO would be perfect.
                        www.drmego.com
                        www.megoman.com
                        www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• Hflagman1
                          • Aug 22, 2012

Well I don't mind the guy they have but WOW some really great toys on the show that I have not seen since I was a kid. Makes me wanna go yard sale'n
                          Currently looking for a the following Mego’s (Original parts only if possible). Mego Robin, Shazam, Soldier Ape (blue jacket), Aquaman & Joker. Mego Batman original gloves, boots, & Spock’s blue tricorder.

Comment

• TMANSTOYS
                            CALLING ALL DUKES !!
                            • May 12, 2011

Now I know what I'll here at the flea. markets " I saw that on toy hunters so I know its worth a lot. Its almost like " I'll sell it on ebay and get a lot more then that for it ". WHY THEY BRING IT THEN. JUST LEAVE IT HOME AND PUT IT ON EBAY !!! These shoes are killing it for everyone.
                            "JUST 2 GOOD OLE BOYS,NEVER MEANING NO HARM "

Comment

• palitoy
                              • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by cjefferys
                              Yeah, the price he was throwing around for that Remco Spidey kinda made me raise my eyebrows (same with some other items). A lot of things said and shown on the show seem somewhat unlikely, and there is some inaccurate information thrown out there at times, but it's cool seeing all the vintage stuff in other people's collections and Jordan is a likeable enough host, so I'll keep watching.
                              Yeah, I enjoy looking at other people's collections and the show is pretty upbeat and light, so I'll keep watching.

Comment

• luey
                                Treasure Hunter
                                • Jun 17, 2001

Yes keep watching ! You may see some people you know
                                Greg Mason The Vintage Toy Picker from Knoxville, TN

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎