X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ben
    mego nut
    • Nov 18, 2010

Originally posted by megoknight
    No Biggie Doc sells them as part of a gun accessory... Bad spelling....bag for 8.00
    I did not see any on his site 4 the SNG

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

look under specials, it is one of the guns in the black weapons set

Comment

• MEGOMAN
        Defender of the Megoverse
        • Dec 30, 2008

I just odered a set. BBTS has them for $32.99.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
          valar morghulis
          • Mar 8, 2005

Originally posted by NewForce
          we have sets at 29.99 + shipping on our website (www.newforcecomics.com) if anyone is interested...
          2 sets are $56.99 + shipping and we wholesale the case (4 sets) at 109.99 + shipping
          just thought I would put it out there
          rick
          Just got my set yesterday from Rick.. thanks! As mentioned, the Picard likeness is "off", and I wish the collar included the rank pips, but I guess that's nitpipping The Borg is pretty awesome!

Comment

• Artistix
            • Apr 9, 2012

Really love seeing TNG Retro's. It was always 'my' Trek.

The fact that there's not a chance in hell we would see Deanna or Beverly is sad, & the only reason I probably won't buy these.

I'm more of a 'full crew' guy. But kudos to DST/EMCE/Dr. Mego for making such fantastic figures!

Comment

• Mego-Amigo
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 22, 2011

I agree 100 %. I would love to collect these but without Deanna and Beverly the set would be worthless.

Comment

• kerowack
                Career Member
                • Feb 27, 2008

I don't care if those two never see daylight. Give me four waves with Picard worf data and riker and I'll be happy. This is a dream come true as it is. I love tng more than all.

Comment

• megalomaniac001
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 24, 2009

Ok, I got my set today. First thing I checked, the heads are the right size. No huge melons like Pike or the BSG figs! The Borg's costume does not interfere with his articulation. (*cough*Cylon*cough*) I liked that Picard's comm badge has some depth to it and is not just a sticker. Picard's uniform looks great! These figures use the new improved body like we have seen with the Universal Monsters. My negatives are really only for Picard as I think the Borg is pretty darn good as is. 1: Painted head - gives it a "hey look at my custom" look instead of a store bought look. 2: Likeness - somehow he looks too old and not enough like Patrick Stewart. 3: No phaser? (Good thing I have one from Doc's weapons set!)
                  So overall, I give this line a big thumbs up and I say to the possibility of more figures: "Make it so!"

PS: What is this talk of Beverly and Deanna not being made? Did I miss something?

Comment

• bgiles73
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 14, 2010

I for one am buying several of each. You can never have too many Borg! I also intend to make Dixon Hill customs and several others. The quality on these is great. I'm really loving this line and I hope DST has a successful run with these. If character assortments are done intelligently surely we will get the Counselor and the good Doctor. I just wish that for those two we could get them on that great new Zica body! Also we are getting a Borg and a Klingon in the first two waves! Here's hoping for a Romulan and a Ferengi in subsequent waves!

Comment

• MightyMegs
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 5, 2009

Pics, please... someone!

Comment

• tllgn
                        Persistent Member
                        • Feb 6, 2010

cannot wait to get my sets ,i certainly dont expect emce to do what playmates did in ,doing so many figures.
                        but i do hope they do make the bridge crew and popular aliens-no wesley please-that would be a death blow.

Comment

• Artistix
                          • Apr 9, 2012

Originally posted by megalomaniac001

PS: What is this talk of Beverly and Deanna not being made? Did I miss something?
                          There was no official word to suggest such, but going by what we now know it is a logical assumption.

With DST's 7" action figures, when they left the Classic series sales declined. Same with the minimates. We were pretty darn lucky to get the final TNG 7" assortment with O'Brien, Ogawa & co.

We were also told reception to Retro Picard/Borg wasn't that great, which is why they went back to Classics with the Mirror Mirror set.

Then we have the issue with Retro Trek Chapel/Vina. Retailers flat out telling DST they have no interest in female characters. We may never see our beloved nurse or green skinned babe! (SDCC exclusive?)

It would surprise me, except for this comment:

Originally posted by kerowack
                          I don't care if those two never see daylight. Give me four waves with Picard worf data and riker and I'll be happy. This is a dream come true as it is. I love tng more than all.
                          ...which makes me believe that even with adult collectors, male figures are often preferable to females.

Sad but true I guess.

Anyway, I'll keep my fingeres crossed that we see a few more non TOS sets.
                          Last edited by Artistix; Sep 8, '12, 1:27 AM.

Comment

• kerowack
                            Career Member
                            • Feb 27, 2008

Artistix: I just am being realistic. I realize the women are often pipe dreams so I'd be thrilled to get four waves of the lead characters when I fear we've seen the last of tng! I'd honestly be shocked to see anything past data and I don't have much hope for him!!!

Btw, awesome collection you have. I've seen it before and I return to see it every so often.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                              Invincible Ironing Man
                              • Feb 28, 2008

I need to pick up a set somewhere along the line...
                              "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• drogge
                                Career Member
                                • Jul 24, 2009

Picard and Borg are spot on, hands down two of the best figures produced in the Star Trek Retro line so far. I like the look and feel of these figures, the articulation seems improved. I don't mind the painted face on Picard at all. Great job EMCE and Diamond, keep em coming...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎