X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sprytel
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 26, 2009

Swivel Biceps or Not to Swivel Biceps?

A modest proposal... would it be possible to standardize on swivel biceps, even for figures that do not have the "beefy" arms?
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I enjoy the swivel feature. Gives figures much better pose-ability.

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

Dr. Mego's swivel arm bodies add a nice bit of beefiness to some characters. I've got a Superman I'm in the midst of finishing (need a belt and a cape!) that looks a bit more buff than if I used a regular or Dr. Mego T2 body.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• BATMAN89
        Mego obsessed!!!
        • Jul 20, 2010

I think the DM swivel biceps are great, but just like Castaway's,
        the arms are longer.
        I have Zica on my Superman, and a Dr. Mego swivel bicep body on my Shazam, and Shazam's sleeves look too short now, but the sleeves on the Zica are fine.
        Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
        My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

I am fine with creating a new, slimmer arm with the swivel articulation. They could mix and match the current beefy arms and these proposed new "slim swivel" arms. I just find it odd that (sometimes even within the same line) some figures have bicep articulation and some do not.

Like Tom said above, I feel the swivel gives way more poseability.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I find the swivel compliments most figures but not all. So I'm kind of happy the way it's being done with certain characters getting them and others not so much.

Steve Austin? Swivel

Oscar Goldman? Regular arm please
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Captain Awesome
              Career Member
              • May 27, 2012

I switched all my Mattel DC Retro Action figures over to the Docs swivel arm buff bodies and the costumes fit just fine and IMO they looked and functioned A LOT better than those danged Mattell bodies. I agree though, some characters should have the beefier bodies and some not so beefy...
              Courage is being scared to death but saddlin' up anyway. - John Wayne

Comment

• drmego
                EMCE Toys
                • Jun 15, 2001

Of course it makes sense to vary the muscular for different figures. If I had the money, I would
                have taller and shorter bodies, scrawny and muscle bound. Spider-Man should have a skinnier
                body than Thor or Capt. America. Mr. Fantastic should be taller and slimmer than Superman.

BBP has been using the swivel arms on figures that are more statuesque and the regular body
                for ordinary looking guys. Originally we were thinking of using the female arms for Hank and
                Dean and Dr. Venture - to emphasize their scrawniness - but the arm hole on the torso was
                an issue.
                www.drmego.com
                www.megoman.com
                www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• megoscott
                  Founding Partner
                  • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by drmego
                  Originally we were thinking of using the female arms for Hank and
                  Dean and Dr. Venture - to emphasize their scrawniness - but the arm hole on the torso was
                  an issue.
                  Man, I could not stop thinking about this idea...,

image-1795387171.jpg
                  This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

That looks pretty neat Scott.

Comment

• Bulldog6125
                      • Jan 18, 2010

I like the muscular look of the swivel biceps but would prefer that they swivel at the top of the bicep like the way Cast-a-way Toys did theirs. It takes away the seam in the middle of the arm. Can Doc Mego offer the arms by themselves?

Comment

• D!n0-M@n
                        w/ Life-Like Hair & Beard
                        • Sep 17, 2008

Originally posted by Bulldog6125
                        I like the muscular look of the swivel biceps but would prefer that they swivel at the top of the bicep like the way Cast-a-way Toys did theirs. It takes away the seam in the middle of the arm. Can Doc Mego offer the arms by themselves?
                        And with various other colors? That would ROCK! I've got a Gorn that needs some new swively arms, Soldier Apes too, and, and, etc.
                        MY GODS ARE SMALL...... AND PLASTIC!

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Something that has been overlooked in the 1/9 format is GI Joe Classic collection (1990s)-style arms:

With these, the arm swivel was achieved by an internal elbow-joint peg that inserted into the upper arm. This allowed for various sculpts (slimmer, female) and no obtrusive circular joint at the bicep.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎