Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the clear plastic bionic limbs be exclusive to red jogging suit Steve?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BifBangPow! JLabs
    Career Member
    • Dec 21, 2009

Voices have been heard!
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• GlobalObserver
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
      Voices have been heard!
      I hope you heard us loud and clear.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I know it's probably too difficult to pull of on budget, but having actual pieces inside the plastic limbs, ala the "Visible Man" or classic MOTU Roboto.

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Jason73
          Correctamundo!
          • Jan 11, 2009

Clear for me please.
          Happy Days-Mego Style

Comment

• torgospizza
            Theocrat of Pan Tang
            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Delusional B
            Also, it would be great to see a silver limb variant like the old Bionic grip Steve when you rolled up his skin. Heck it would even be cool to see recreations of the two rectangular bionic modules from the old toy screenprinted on the silver in the appropriate places.
            Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
            I know it's probably too difficult to pull of on budget, but having actual pieces inside the plastic limbs, ala the "Visible Man" or classic MOTU Roboto.
            I like both of these ideas a whole lot. If I had to choose between flesh-colored and clear, however, I'd go with clear.

Comment

• Mego Milk
              Custom Mego Maker
              • Jun 3, 2007

clear limbs.
              chest hair.

aw yeah.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                • Mar 3, 2010

Clear limbs and removable bionic parts i think are great ideas. I'd love to see "rollable" rubber skin over his clear bionic limbs like the old Kenner one had on his arm...more play-ability...
                Last edited by galaxyexplorer42; Sep 14, '12, 1:04 PM.
                Galaxy Explorer

Comment

• actjac01
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 17, 2009

As much of a fan of Kenner's SMDM line, when Hasbro released Mike Powers, he became my favorite!
                  Those clear arm & legs with the atomic components inside, and his flashing 'Atomic Eye'...too cool!
                  'Sides, to me, he seemed more durable to Kenner's Steve Austin.
                  That said, I vote for clear arm (shoulder to wrist) & clear legs (hip to ankle) with flesh hand & feet.
                  Now I don't know how cost-prohibitive having bionic pieces inside would be (I expect very.)
                  Maybe, some type of sticker inside...or how you're doing the clear ones now will probably be just fine (I haven't seen one yet so I'm not sure.)
                  "...You can capture the Klingon & bring him back to the Enterprise!"

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 12, 2004

Originally posted by actjac01
                    As much of a fan of Kenner's SMDM line, when Hasbro released Mike Powers, he became my favorite!
                    Those clear arm & legs with the atomic components inside, and his flashing 'Atomic Eye'...too cool!
                    'Sides, to me, he seemed more durable to Kenner's Steve Austin.
                    That said, I vote for clear arm (shoulder to wrist) & clear legs (hip to ankle) with flesh hand & feet.
                    Now I don't know how cost-prohibitive having bionic pieces inside would be (I expect very.)
                    Maybe, some type of sticker inside...or how you're doing the clear ones now will probably be just fine (I haven't seen one yet so I'm not sure.)
                    100% agreement on everything you said.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎