Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the clear plastic bionic limbs be exclusive to red jogging suit Steve?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

Will the clear plastic bionic limbs be exclusive to red jogging suit Steve?

Or will they also be used in future variants?
  • BifBangPow! JLabs
    Career Member
    • Dec 21, 2009

Great question. You decide. We want Mego Museum readers to tell us if they want the next Steve Austin to have clear bionic limbs or the "standard" bionic limbs.
    Co-founder, BifBangPow!
    bifbangpow.com
    twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I think the clear parts are wicked cool.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

If I get a vote, I would say the clear limbs look the best. It denotes the Bionics more effectively. The imprint on the flesh tone limbs reads more like a tattoo. Clear parts all the way! And keep the chest hair too. It reads good on him.
        Last edited by MIB41; Aug 21, '12, 1:18 PM.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

The clear limbs are clearly better.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 12, 2004

Is there any reason why a future Steve variant couldn't have bionic limbs where the entire arm and legs were clear, not just the lower section? (like Mike Power)

I also think it would be cool if the bionic components were more colorful.

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

clear is cool. I think silver would be pretty cool as well. I agree that on the flesh arms, they look a bit more like tattoos.
              I would also add that the paint socks don't really do it for me. Some cloth socks or none at all with flesh colored feet would work better, imho.
              thanks for asking for customer input. It means a lot.

edit - not sure if this would fly, but I always thought of Steve's nuke legs as being the thighs. Maybe if the upper legs had the clear treatment with the screenprint on them and the lower legs and feet were flesh, it wouldn't be quite as awkward as the paint socks. just a thought
              Last edited by rche; Aug 21, '12, 1:39 PM.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                Persistent Member
                • Aug 12, 2004

I'd prefer flesh colored feet too.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
                  Persistent Member
                  • Aug 12, 2004

I always like Mike Power better than the actual SMDM Steve figure.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                    GLOWS in the Dark!
                    • May 3, 2006

I am not sure I will be buying a bunch of different versions of Steve. But that being said, if I do buy more, I would prefer them with the clear limbs, and no painted on socks. The bionics printing would look awesome with added colors, and not just being all silver, but the all silver is still way cool, so that's just a minor request.

Comment

• jeffbearco
                      Persistent Member
                      • Mar 27, 2011

I'd like to see clear. But as one person above said, I'd like to have the whole leg clear including the foot.

I want to do a light up laboratory display bed and the clear would look really cool with that. I need to find some red shorts and a white tank top to go with it.

I'll probably swap parts to have the hairy chest just to crank up the cheesiness of the display too. LOL I love that on the figure. It makes me chuckle.

JeffBearCO

Comment

• Delusional B
                        Museum Super Collector
                        • Nov 14, 2007

I also prefer the clear limbs and would love to see the entire arm and legs be clear plastic. Also, it would be great to see a silver limb variant like the old Bionic grip Steve when you rolled up his skin. Heck it would even be cool to see recreations of the two rectangular bionic modules from the old toy screenprinted on the silver in the appropriate places. Love this line!... can't wait until mine arrive.
                        Yesterville Toy Room

Comment

• jeffbearco
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2011

I'd keep the clear for Steve and maybe Jamie. I'd do silver for Maskatron and the Fembots. That way they look like they were created by different scientists/teams but Steve and Jamie would look cooler. hehehe

I'd still like to see Max. I guess the simplest way to do him is just have the dog but print the "bionics" on the inner legs. The big thing with him would be to have the jaw open and close and jointed at the shoulders and hips.

JeffBearCO

Get'em Max!

Comment

• Chris
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by jeffbearco
                            I'd still like to see Max. I guess the simplest way to do him is just have the dog but print the "bionics" on the inner legs. The big thing with him would be to have the jaw open and close and jointed at the shoulders and hips.
                            Now that's a great idea!!!! Max would even make a great SDCC exclusive.
                            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• The Nawd
                              Nawd your head for yes.
                              • Feb 15, 2011

Hmmm. Thought I had replied to this, guess it didn't go through. Here's the short version of what I want to see.

I'd like clear limbs, flesh feet and some color paint added to the bioncs to go along with the silver paint.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎