Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Zimmer is actually composing the score, just to let you know. After denying it several times of course.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

More Comic-Con pictures!

sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
        OH JES!!
        • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
        ^^^ I thought Routh's Airplane landing Scene in the BallPark Destroyed anything in Any Superman Movie Prior ....., But the rest of the Movie was worse that Any Other Superman Movie Ever.
        That's the only scene i can watch from that movie that was badass but everything else falls flat for me.........shame I liked Routh as Superman

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by Random Axe
          The theme song for the scene in Supes 78 where he first appears and catches Lois and the helicopter is total goosebumps to this day no matter how many times you watch. That kind of moment hasn't been recreated in 30 plus years of film.
          YUP!! still gives me goosebumps and i can still hear the movie crowd laughing when Lois says" you've got me? who's got you? and the the roar of the movie crowd when he catches the helicopter.......movie magic!

Comment

• LadyZod
            Superman's Gal Pal
            • Jan 27, 2007

I reserve judgement until I see the final product.

As long as THIS Superman isn't chasing Wonder Woman's skirt, I'm cool.
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            My life through toys: Tales from the Toybox!
            Check out my art:
            Art Portfolio@Redbubble
            Art Portfolio@Tumblr

Comment

• MegoSteve
              Superman's Pal
              • Jun 17, 2005

Every time I see pics of the new Superman uniform, I think "PUT SOME PANTS ON!"

Comment

• May 21, 2011

I'm on a roll tonight!

A nice nod to the Thor poster:

I think Zod?

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

So, is Cavill not wearing the glasses as Clark? I've yet to see him in a pair.

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

^ if that's true then it's just stupid...now everyone is going to realize that Clark Kent and Superman are one and the same!
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

People can throw that old chestnut up all they want, but Reeve made the conceit WORK. Now it's up to others to match that. So far, no one has really even tried.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• The Toyroom
                        The Packaging King
                        • Dec 31, 2004

^ True. There's a lot about Reeve's performance as Clark and Superman that I don't think anyone will ever match...
                        Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

This is what continues to bother me. Nothing that I see really makes me think of Superman. The images are so foreign to the concept I know and love from Reeves and the comics, that I just can't relate. But I'm going to continue to keep an open mind about it and will definitely check it out when it opens. I'm hoping for the best, but am at a loss for what they are trying to achieve. I'm hungry for a little Superman too. But for the old school version. H*ll I even went back and watched Superman III, but ended up having to skip to the fight sequence between Clark and Superman. Great idea and fun to watch. So even on the lesser films of Superman I can still enjoy the essence of the hero, even if I can't appreciate the entire scope of the story.

Comment

• jds1911a1
                            Alan Scott is the best GL
                            • Aug 8, 2007

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                            People can throw that old chestnut up all they want, but Reeve made the conceit WORK. Now it's up to others to match that. So far, no one has really even tried.

Chris
                            As I was watching S1 and S2 the other week with the kids my little girl (she's 8) noticed how much taller Clark got when he took his glasses off to try to tell Lois and how short he looked when he shrunk/souched. I can't think of a better example of what posture can do. Same with his voice. as superman he projects and as clark he almost mumbles with a slight stammer.
                            And the suit is a dark double breasted so he is hidden by it. In S3 it is tan so it doesn't hide him as well
                            Adventures of Superman - with his more commanding personaliy and lack of clumisness I don't see how no one can tell the difference escept that the cut of the dbl breasted suit hides his body (I can't recall was the suit padded too?)

With lois and clark the slouch.meek doesn't work because dean ins't 6'4 and the CLark of that era was more like the Reeves/50's era go getter reporter. I loved when the mom commented in the pilot "well they certainly won't be looking at your face" because of the way the suit highlghts Cain's build, and like the 50's the suits of that era were bulkier in the shoulders to hide his actual build (but they make a point to show his build often in the show)

Smallville - welling never wore the suit so he never had a "different" persona as clark

Returns - Roush uses the all the Reeves gags but the slimmer cut of the 00's suits does less to hide him and he doesn't slough so far

with Caville and his bike - what he's too good to walk or "take the subway or bus" to work - what happens if he has to save someone - I guess clark has a lot of stolen bikes from leaving them in alleys - it's enough supension of disbeleif to wonder where the clothes go when he is superman or where is suit is when he's clark (I know pre crisis that there is the pocket in the cape and all but you can only fold clothes & shoes so small) but now his bike has to be handled too.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                              Verbose Member
                              • Mar 7, 2004

Don't get me wrong, I want Cavill to portray Superman his way, and not reheat Reeve's performance. But no other Superman actor has yet to make the dual identity actually work. Reeve actually followed the comic's explanation for the conceit, and proved it could work, at least enough for the more cynical modern audience to accept it.

It is a bit harder to swallow Reeve's Kent as a crusading reporter, but his sincerity and conviction in his beliefs comes across, even through fumbling, bumbling Clark.

Chris
                              sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                                Eloquent Member
                                • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                                Don't get me wrong, I want Cavill to portray Superman his way, and not reheat Reeve's performance. But no other Superman actor has yet to make the dual identity actually work. Reeve actually followed the comic's explanation for the conceit, and proved it could work, at least enough for the more cynical modern audience to accept it.

It is a bit harder to swallow Reeve's Kent as a crusading reporter, but his sincerity and conviction in his beliefs comes across, even through fumbling, bumbling Clark.

Chris
                                100% agree. I don't know if anyone will ever truly match Reeves initial performance. I don't think it's a generational thing. I just think he nailed the essence of the character in a very iconic way that can't be ignored. It would be like redoing Rocky or even Frankenstein. Stallone and Karloff are forever tied to society's vision of those characters. It can be done different, but not necessarily better. And one thing that is definitely missing in the trailer teaser... John Williams soundtrack. I'm sorry but that is like having a Star Wars or Jaws film without the music. It's Superman's signature score. It must be there in order for it to be Superman.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎