• May 19, 2003

Amen brother, amen...
    sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
      Hector, brother I am there with you at this point, buddy!!! What I had seen previously was good, but this was the kind of stuff geek wet dreams are made of!!!! I can not wait until June 14th!! I have a feeling that there's going to be a good many of us who, despite being amazed by THE AVENGERS, are going to be walking---nay, stupidly stumbling with delirious super-hero movie joy---out of the movie houses and cineplexes saying "Joss who...?"

I have a feeling the true age of comic book greatness is about to begin with, as it should, the most celebrated and legendary super-hero of them all!!! Long live Superman!!!
      THAT says it all. I'll be right there with you.

Comment

• supes
        For the love of Mego's!
        • Jan 19, 2004

I am so PUMPED about this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am seeing it at 7pm Thursday the 13th!! It is going to be off the chain!

For the love of Mego's

Comment

• emeraldknight47
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 20, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
          THAT says it all. I'll be right there with you.
          Likely for multiple viewings!!!!
          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

For those like me wanting to see Superman Punch the **** out of something take a look at this one minute clip......your prayers have
            been answered

Comment

• enyawd72
              Maker of Monsters!
              • Oct 1, 2009

I agree it does look epic...I don't think it's going to make people forget about the Avengers though.
              They can BOTH be epic ya know!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                I'm the Star Spangled Man
                • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by kingdom warrior
                For those like me wanting to see Superman Punch the **** out of something take a look at this one minute clip......your prayers have
                been answered

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105191
                sigpic
                The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I've already forgotten about the Avengers, and haven't even seen Man of Steel yet, lol.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

been answered

No words can describe how I feel right now...
                    sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 20, 2011

Wow!! That clip was intense!! Obviously you do NOT threaten Clark's Mom or he's gonna wail on your arse!!! I loved the whole idea of sensory input putting the hurt on Zod. Clark has grown up with the abilities and, as he said, his parents taught him how to focus on tuning everything out. Kind of showing you that having the abilities of someone like Superman suddenly thrust upon you might not be all beer and skittles. Well done!!
                      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• mego73
                        Printed paperboard Tiger
                        • Aug 1, 2003

It's a great clip, but the first thing I though about it was that Superman, the character, would go after him not by plowing him through places where there might be innocent bystanders. He'd drag him up in the sky and have at him there.

been answered

mego73@hotmail.com

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

No time for wimpy Supes, time for kick arse Supes, lol.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                            I'm the Star Spangled Man
                            • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by mego73
                            It's a great clip, but the first thing I though about it was that Superman, the character, would go after him not by plowing him through places where there might be innocent bystanders. He'd drag him up in the sky and have at him there.
                            I think it's him seeing his mother in danger, and wanting to get it as far away from her as possible. Supes probably knows what Zod is like and lost control when he saw him near her. He's probably not thinking straight at the moment. You notice he calms down as soon as he's put about...200 miles between her and him.
                            sigpic
                            The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

I had the same thought, but I remembered this is a origin/debut story with Superman very early in his career. He has seldom used his powers in a fight, if ever, and certainly not against a threat of that magnitude and of course the issue of his mother being threatened, as others have mentioned. But he's not the experienced Superman we're used to. He can make mistakes.
                              Last edited by madmarva; Jun 8, '13, 6:50 AM.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 20, 2011

Just to toss in my own nickel's worth regarding the fight; yes, this is early in Superman's career and his paramount concern was getting his mother out of harms' way as quickly as possible. As Kal-El, he is Kryptonian with all of the accompanying bells and whistles, but AS Clark Kent, he is human and is prone human reactions and instincts. If, in this movie, Jonathan Kent passes and Martha and Clark are left alone, I believe what the writers and director are trying to convey here is the HUMAN Clark's gut reaction to his mother in danger, but having that reaction occur on a Kryptonian power level. Heck, I wouldn't be too surprised if Clark didn't even realize what direction he knocked Zod in just so long as he got him away from his Mom...

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎