X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

Originally posted by Mikey
    That suit tells me the movie will be "dark" in a Batman way.

Superman should not be dark

It should be the opposite of Batman.

They should not be going for the dark goth Batman crowd --- they should be trying to build a NEW crowd

I dont think i'm going to like it
    So true....these pics are doing nothing to change my skepticism so far....
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Okay, I seriously thought this was George Carlin from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Me toooooooo ... but I didn't wanna say anything !!!!!

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
        Okay, I seriously thought this was George Carlin from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

Chris

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

RUFUS!!!

Seriously, that's uncanny.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• madmarva
            Talkative Member
            • Jul 7, 2007

I had already seen the first set of photos that were posted, but it's cool to see the screen captures from the snippets they showed at comic-con.

I've always kind of liked the idea of his logo being a family crest or coat of arms. It seemed less pompous than actually naming yourself "Superman" and putting a big S on your chest for emphasis. But, I totally understand why some of you guys don't like it.

Comment

• Operation:Mego
              I'm the Star Spangled Man
              • May 21, 2011

Originally posted by madmarva
              I had already seen the first set of photos that were posted, but it's cool to see the screen captures from the snippets they showed at comic-con.

I've always kind of liked the idea of his logo being a family crest or coat of arms. It seemed less pompous than actually naming yourself "Superman" and putting a big S on your chest for emphasis. But, I totally understand why some of you guys don't like it.
              That's my thinking of it too. It's almost as if he's saying "I'm better than you" the other way.
              sigpic
              The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Here are some set pictures and a rare one of Cavill as Kent. Aren't you glad I'm here for you guys?

And here are some fakes that I thought looked cool.

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Operation:Mego
                  That's my thinking of it too. It's almost as if he's saying "I'm better than you" the other way.
                  That's why Byrne's origin worked wo well, he was dubbed Superman by the media, then he got the costume as designed by his parents. takes away the conceit angle, but keeps the down home feel to him. The Kryptonian origin to the suit mucks this up and makes him seem more alien and or sterile. He's supposed to be the all American farm boy brought up with family values, not an alien overlord.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                    HULK SMASH!
                    • Apr 3, 2010

I've said it before, and it's certainly true that Cavill definitely seems to have the physical presence required for the role.

He looks imposing and forceful, as Supes should.
                    PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Mego Milk
                      Custom Mego Maker
                      • Jun 3, 2007

aw. yeah. Superman.
                      2013 will be good.

Comment

• megocanada
                        Permanent Member
                        • Apr 18, 2003

That "S" really looks like the Earth-2 Superman. Which I think is the greatest superhero of all-time which he proved in the Crisis Of Infinite Earths. Bu I think it should reflect the Earth-1 Superman personally. Just my thoughts
                        the greatest Superman of all time Earth 2 Superman

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

so, what's the big character going to be? Note the guy in the motion capture suit with the reference point atop his head that Superman is looking at.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            That's why Byrne's origin worked wo well, he was dubbed Superman by the media, then he got the costume as designed by his parents. takes away the conceit angle, but keeps the down home feel to him. The Kryptonian origin to the suit mucks this up and makes him seem more alien and or sterile. He's supposed to be the all American farm boy brought up with family values, not an alien overlord.
                            Good points. The lasting charm of Superman is his old school values - Truth , Justice, and the American Way. At least they got him to say that in the '78 origin.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

It's weird he's got a spit-curl as Kent but not Supes

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Yeah, I've been meaning to read Supes origin from the comics (I have Secret Origin, Birthright, and The Man of Steel all lined up).

Originally posted by Bruce Banner
                                I've said it before, and it's certainly true that Cavill definitely seems to have the physical presence required for the role.

He looks imposing and forceful, as Supes should.
                                Totally, Cavill's buffer than Jackman for Wolverine. That's not an easy feat to do.

so, what's the big character going to be? Note the guy in the motion capture suit with the reference point atop his head that Superman is looking at.
                                I just noticed that too; I wonder...

Originally posted by Mikey
                                It's weird he's got a spit-curl as Kent but not Supes
                                Nice catch, that's pretty funny considering it's usually the other way around.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎