X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

New Man of Steel Pictures

Cavill's such a nice guy, posing with that kid. These pictures along with those trailers makes me even more excited.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
  • The Toyroom
    The Packaging King
    • Dec 31, 2004

I've always hated the notion that Superman's "S" shield is some sort of Kryptonian symbol...going all the way back to Brando in "Superman:The Movie"...
    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

can't believe how big that dude's gotten...he was the Counts son in Count of Monte Carlo..so everytime I see his face I think of that
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

It's very difficult to know what we have here. These pictures just tell me we have a new take on the story. Since Nolan played a pivotal role in the handling of this screen play, I will have to see whether his involvement helped or hurt the film. His contribution to the Batman legacy is incredible. But I don't want to assume the treatment he gave to Batman is something he would be suggesting for Superman. "Grounding" the character helped the premise of Batman. I don't know if Nolan would take that approach for Superman. This character carries such an enormous disadvantage that other heroes do not have. The first film in '78 by Richard Donner is truly an epic telling. So much of that film still holds up to this very day. And more importantly, the tone and feel was perfectly captured. So it's hard to revisit that again without making the obvious comparisons. In my eyes, Superman is one part superhero origin/one part fairy tale. It's such a unique story, it really runs on a different scale from other hero tales. It's kind of like retelling the Wizard of Oz. You can tell it differently, but you can't really bring anything more magical to that original feeling. You just about have to reinvent the concept to give a new film enough room to breath on it's own. And that is what the pics are telling me. Whether that is good, bad, or just different I won't know until I'm in my seat. Entirely too hard to gauge.

Comment

• enyawd72
          Maker of Monsters!
          • Oct 1, 2009

I hope this turns out good, but I'm really worried about Nolan's involvement. I don't want a dark, realistic Superman. This guy doesn't really look like Superman to me either...will wait and see.
          Last edited by enyawd72; Aug 16, '12, 10:51 AM.

Comment

• Godzilla
            Permanent Member
            • Nov 3, 2002

Exactly MIB41. I hope for the best, but I'm expecting the worst.
            Mortui Vivos Docent
            The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Remco Monster
              GLOWS in the Dark!
              • May 3, 2006

That is NOT Superman.

This looks atrocious.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I have a wait and see attitude with this. I'm much more concerned with Snyder than I am Nolan. But I haven't seen anything yet that has totally turned me off either.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

That suit tells me the movie will be "dark" in a Batman way.

Superman should not be dark

It should be the opposite of Batman.

They should not be going for the dark goth Batman crowd --- they should be trying to build a NEW crowd

I dont think i'm going to like it
                  Last edited by Mikey; Aug 16, '12, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• madmarva
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jul 7, 2007

J.J. Abrams did a treatment for Superman prior to McG and eventually Singer got involved with the project and made Superman Returns. He spoke about it briefly at the SDCC in 2001 or 02. In it, Krypton wasn't destroyed, but in the throws of a civil war. Kal-El was sent to Earth to save his life so he could eventually return and overthrow the rebellion. Very similar to a plot in the Lois and Clark TV show if I remember correctly, and for that matter Star Wars.

I hope the film isn't going down that road. It might make an interesting film, but it's not Superman. Krypton's destruction is vital to Superman's story.

I have great hope for the film, but agree with several of you that if will be difficult to top the original Superman film's portrayal of Krypton and Smallville. Those parts have grown to be my favorite parts of the film. I've grown to not particularly care for Reeve's portrayal of Clark Kent. I know a lot of folks love it, but it's tone is too comical for me. Same thing with Hackman's Luthor and his henchmen.

However if the movie does focus on the time period between Clark leaving Smallville and him arriving in Metropolis — basically when he traveled north after Jonathan Kent's death in the '78 film — as some reports have suggested, I think it could be interesting.

Yeah, that's kinda what Smallville was about, but if the film has him traveling the world to learn his place in it, it could be all together different. Heck, I'd like to see DC do a maxi series set in that time period of Clark's life.

Again, I'm optimistic. I'm not going to bash something until I see the end product. But, after Singer sold me on Superman Returns from the teaser trailer he showed at Comic Con the year before Superman Returns' release, I'm not going to totally buy into anything again until I see the final product.
                    Last edited by madmarva; Aug 16, '12, 4:15 PM.

Comment

• Mikey
                      Verbose Member
                      • Aug 9, 2001

But is they have Supes traveling the world undercover helping people that sounds a lot like Incredible Hulk

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                        I'm the Star Spangled Man
                        • May 21, 2011

I'm surprised that the pics aren't getting more positive reactions; I for one can't wait! Seems that 2013 will be another good year for comic-book geeks.

Even more pics!!

Last edited by Operation:Mego; Aug 16, '12, 9:46 PM.
                        sigpic
                        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                          Moderation Engineer
                          • Aug 14, 2003

In that first pic Thor-El looks like he could bust out some Smells Like Teen Spirit

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                            OH JES!!
                            • Jul 21, 2005

I dig it.....can't wait to see this movie

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                              I've always hated the notion that Superman's "S" shield is some sort of Kryptonian symbol...going all the way back to Brando in "Superman:The Movie"...
                              Agreed, and now it looks like the whole costume is Kyptonian in origin.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎