Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cosmicman
    Permanent Member
    • Jul 12, 2005

I'm curious why I keep finding pictures of the Iron Patriot on several Ironman 3 sneak pictures sites. Is Norman Osbourne or someone like him going to be in this movie?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7101/7...58e3eb09_o.jpg
    More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• Operation:Mego
      I'm the Star Spangled Man
      • May 21, 2011

It's the War Machine armor painted, Red, White and Blue. Though I can't tell who's in the suit.

sigpic
      The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Cosmicman
        Permanent Member
        • Jul 12, 2005

That's the Iron Patriot.
        I don't know why they are stooping that low to put him in this movie. I know for a fact it's not Norman Osborne. So who would it be? They'll have some other hack steal the plans and make or he will repaint a suit. I would have went with Titanium Man or someone other armored guy. Maybe this Iron Patriot is responsible or is apart of one or many of Tony's stuff that gets ripped off by some kind of cool thief like "The Ghost" or something high tech and really need on the screen. Maybe also a bunch of bad guys from Oakland, California just stick some random bad *** guy named Hector Zacarias in the suit and he is the new Iron Patriot. Maybe the Government will paint him out as the "new" Ironman and and try to market him as the new Meca-like hero and Tony figures out it's stolen gear. Who knows why they would take the Iron Patriot from Dark Avengers. We'll have to wait and see.

[img]http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/James-Badge-Dale-as-Iron-Patriot-in-Iron-Man-3.jpg[/img]
        Last edited by Cosmicman; Sep 10, '12, 2:56 PM.
        More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

• May 21, 2011

From what I've read about Eric Savin, he was a Lieutenant Colonel in the United States Army, so it seems (to me at least): that the army forcibly takes the War Machine armor, paints the suit red, white and blue, re-names it the 'Iron Patriot' (to make up for the Hammer Drone fiasco), but Savin goes rogue (like in the comics) and forces Iron Man to intervene.

And since Jack Taggert will be in IM3 as well, I did some reading about him: He worked on an experimental pilotable suit for Project: Firepower for Edwin Cord; a rival businessman of Tony Stark (though I doubt Cord will be introduced too). The project was ostensibly designated by the U.S. Armed Forces to serve as an ultimate deterrent against opponents of the United States. Maybe Taggert will modify War Patriots' (My merging of the two names. ) weapons or something. This is all speculation of course, based on pictures and the character's comic-book history. Only Marvel really knows what's going to happen, but there's no harm in speculation.
          sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
            Talkative Member
            • Jun 20, 2011

From what I've read of IM 3, I really do hope that they're not going to fall into the "third movie" curse, but it sounds a LOT like they're really loading this particular installment up with too many characters who will, by and large, detract from the amount of screen time alotted the main attraction, Iron Man. I also really do hope that they tone the magenta in the Iron Patriot armor down a notch to two because in these photos, the red looks too pink and not really red. Just me being nitpicky, but after the "meh" that was IM 2 and the beauty that was THE AVENGERS, Marvel really can't afford to drop the ball on this one...
            sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
              From what I've read of IM 3, I really do hope that they're not going to fall into the "third movie" curse, but it sounds a LOT like they're really loading this particular installment up with too many characters who will, by and large, detract from the amount of screen time alotted the main attraction, Iron Man. I also really do hope that they tone the magenta in the Iron Patriot armor down a notch to two because in these photos, the red looks too pink and not really red. Just me being nitpicky, but after the "meh" that was IM 2 and the beauty that was THE AVENGERS, Marvel really can't afford to drop the ball on this one...
              Deleted.
              Last edited by Operation:Mego; Sep 11, '12, 12:23 AM. Reason: Forgot what I was going to type.
              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Yeah, it seems like there are an abundance of villains in this one. AIM's been spotted and the guy that becomes Radioactive Man ha been cast, too.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I'm curious to see what kind of story they'll start building for Avengers 2. I think that has me more interested than anything else. Emeraldknight and myself were talking the other day about this and I think the consensus is that Avengers 2 can be it's own beast. It doesn't have to suffer from the "been there, done that" comparison of the first, outside of the three core heroes of Iron Man, Cap, and Thor. Everyone else is interchangeable so new heroes can slide in with a different purpose. My hopes still remains that we will get the Vision built and operational in time for the sequel. Him and the Scarlet Witch are virtual staples of the Avengers legend.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                      Verbose Member
                      • Mar 7, 2004

^Tru dat, Tom. But I wonder if Scarlet Witch is tied up with the X-Men franchise...or is she free for Marvel Studios to use in their Avengers' franchise? Since Magneto is such a huge focus of the X-Men films, I wonder...

I find it interesting that so many pics are being leaked. Seems like Marvel has figured out it's better to just let some things get leaked, and it kind of keeps the geek sites at bay more. The anti-Nolan approach.

Chris
                      sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                        Hi Ernie!!!
                        • Feb 15, 2004

Iwonder about AIM, they were traditionally a Cap villain, maybe they and MODOK will show up in Cap or Avengers 2
                        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• May 21, 2011

^^ I was thinking that too.
                          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Also, more news:

William Sadler and Stephanie Szostak were also cast in unspecified roles.

Cast and crew are set to begin arriving in Florida on October 1, to shoot scenes on Dania Beach and around South Florida. Shooting is also scheduled to take place in China.
                            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Just Downey on set, nothing too important.
                              sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

A picture she tweeted from the set:

Stark's new car:

Plus, the villains in their comic-book forms:
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎