Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackKnight
    The DarkSide Customizer
    • Apr 16, 2005

... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Ben
      mego nut
      • Nov 18, 2010

Nice very nice...I want them all......

Comment

• SeattleEd
        SynthoRes Transmigrator
        • Oct 24, 2007

Dino,

Do you have an ETA on the Reptile?

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by SeattleEd
          Dino,

Do you have an ETA on the Reptile?
          Not at this time. I still need to purchase and receive silicone rubber to make molds of the rest of the heads. With luck, this will be before the end of this year. I've been pouring resin casts of 'Old Buzzard' 'Professor Squid' and 'Beach Bully. Still trying to workout the bubble problems. The R&D continues. Thanks for asking.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
            One eyed, wonder
            • Dec 17, 2009

It happen today, I pulled one of each original three casts with minimal bubbles. I now can now offer (for MO transactions) 'Old Buzzard' 'Professor Squid' and 'Beach Bully' for $10 each plus postage. More to come.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
              One eyed, wonder
              • Dec 17, 2009

I forgot to mention, Please order these heads by their names: 'Old Buzzard', 'Professor Squid' and 'Beach Bully'.
              I offer all the rules of 'Fair Trade'. Please contact me, if not delighted with purchase or shipping.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                One eyed, wonder
                • Dec 17, 2009

It's been a great year! Not only did I sculpt many original head designs, I learn mold making and casting.
                I gave myself the goal to have these castings ready by X-Mas 2012.
                Early concerns about my commissioned instructor, paid off with patience. His 'hands-on' teaching, made all these castings possible.
                I'm still learning! There is always room for improvement. My next two goals are to learn '2 part sillicone mold making' and making custom bodies and parts.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

If you ever branch out into the DC Universe, I'd love to see a Superman based on Curt Swan' version of the Man of Steel

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by madmarva
                    If you ever branch out into the DC Universe, I'd love to see a Superman based on Curt Swan' version of the Man of Steel
                    Have you ever seen the original Aurora model kit head? OMG, it's just what you are asking for! Now if only someone could rework it to fit a 1/9th Mego body (DrMego swivel arm buff body), then... maybe.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      It's been a great year! Not only did I sculpt many original head designs, I learn mold making and casting.
                      I gave myself the goal to have these castings ready by X-Mas 2012.
                      Early concerns about my commissioned instructor, paid off with patience. His 'hands-on' teaching, made all these castings possible.
                      I'm still learning! There is always room for improvement. My next two goals are to learn '2 part sillicone mold making' and making custom bodies and parts.
                      Well, you are doing well, the cast I got from you is great, and the sculpt is amazing. Love your style.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
                        Master of Fowl Play
                        • Jun 5, 2008

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                        In the current direction I'm going, SM would be based on the Kirby, over the Everett. The costume I want to do is the impossible winged black-vest version with trident.
                        I think this version could be designed similar to Mego Falcon or Neptunian suits.
                        WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                          One eyed, wonder
                          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                          I think this version could be designed similar to Mego Falcon or Neptunian suits.
                          I really need to finish 'Elf-Prince'. He's been on a stick for quite some time. "So much time, so little to do...scratch that! Reverse it."
                          Thanks PNGwynne, I think I'm starting to understand.
                          Here's is a pic of 'the Reptile', 'Martian Warrior', and 'the Huntsman' on DrMego swivel arm buff bodies and 'the Ventriloquist' on a CTVT body.
                          Last edited by dr_cyclops; Dec 16, '12, 4:40 PM. Reason: added pic

Comment

• GaryPlaysWithDolls
                            Mighty Man/Monster Maker
                            • Aug 14, 2007

Those look awesome! I just got the Frankenstein in the 9 inch scale and it looks AWESOME! The sculpt is beyond cool and the casting is perfect. Can't wait to get it on a body!

Mina is the world's first Paranormal Petsitter in the new middle-grade book series by Gary Buettner, MONSTER PETS, coming in FALL 2014 from EMBY KIDS. Spooky adventure that's perfect reading for kids 8-12
                            https://www.facebook.com/monsterpetsbooks?ref=hl

Comment

• artskull
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 14, 2010

Truly impressive and inspiring work. Can only imagine how much better it was to have a teacher to help the learning process.
                              --
                              ArtSkull: Graphic Design & Illustration

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                                One eyed, wonder
                                • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by artskull
                                Can only imagine how much better it was to have a teacher to help the learning process.
                                The best part of having an instructor, is the minimal waste of these expensive products (sillicone rubber, plastic resin). With all the information on mold making and casting available on the web, nothings better than 'hands-on' learning with the ability to ask direct questions.
                                So far, the customers have been happy with my products.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎