Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has everything been put on hold or cancelled

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
    If BBP can borrow or lease or whatever Doc Mego's body mold can't you do the same?
    Jay did for the Commander X figures as well.

Images
    Blog Entries
    It's an idea, but as the man said, they are up to their proverbial necks as it is.

I sincerely hope that you guys can pay off your debts, (and if there's any way to sock it to the S.O.B. that stole from you in the first place, DO IT!!!) you've got some great stuff.
    JediJaida

Best of luck Jason. Castaway has been a great company and nothing short of an amazing experience for me. As we have seen with others who have immersed themselves in this business, it is not for the faint of heart. Much to risk with little rewards to start with. It certainly echos the importance of participation from those who champion the cause when ideas are considered and investments are gambled. These guys literally put their tails on the block for those of us who want different licenses that bigger companies will never consider. It's beyond tragic, the people who ultimately let you guys down were the manufacturers. Just unbelievable. I think the customer base was there and growing. I hope you guys return. Many of us will be there ready to buy when you do.

Blog Entries
    All of their tooling is gone - boots, heads, bodies, belts. Chinese manufacturing is going through
    a very rocky time right now with smaller factories going out of business all the time. When that
    happens, another factory has to take your tooling and they expect you to spend money to justify
    the costs they incurred in moving it. Otherwise the steel itself is worth more to recycle.

Manufacturing, especially toy making, depends on large quantities since the unit price is so low.

Quote Originally Posted by JediJaida View Post
    What he said.

You guys have some of the best bodysuits, shoes and boots and other goodies in the business.

Or were the molds for the boots stolen as well?

Images
    Blog Entries
    Holy Jesus!! I had no idea it was THAT bad!

Thats terrible!!

Jason, you guys have my sincerest condolences.

I hope you recover from this and get back in business.
    JediJaida

So is the 1/6 Ming dead as well then?

Images
    Blog Entries
    I'd say yes.
    JediJaida

Images
    I have to say I'm very sorry to hear the news. I was once a small buisness owner - pizza shop. I understand all the money, time and effort that goes with being a business owner. For you guys to have to go through this no fault of your own is very sad. I wish you guys better days.
    "Where Does He Get Those Wonderful Toys?"

Very upset to hear all you guys have gone through. I hope you guys can recover and maybe someday come back stronger. Makes me want to grab Chuck Norris and head over there and start beating some heads.

Images
    Blog Entries
    If you decide to follow through, make sure to take pictures!!

Just kidding.
    JediJaida