X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alex
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 15, 2009

Has everything been put on hold or cancelled

I remember we were meant to get some fantastic figures eg. Nosferatu, Flash Gordon etc. all in 8" scale. Has all this been put on hold, it seems there is no news for this scale from them.
  • EMCE Hammer
    Moderation Engineer
    • Aug 14, 2003

Nothing happening in 8" scale anytime soon.

Comment

• noelani72
      27inaleon
      • Jun 25, 2002

I don't mean this in a jerkwad way, no other way to say it - but if the 8" lines and accessories are dead...no more clamshells...will this subforum stay open?

Comment

• alex
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 15, 2009

With all the support CAW has, this is a massive shame, I for one was always looking forward to all the original figures and concepts they were putting out there. What the hell happened, I know about the stolen molds, but why no new figures in the pipeline??????

Comment

• ScottA
          Original Member
          • Jun 25, 2001

Because there is no pipeline. Hard to make new figures with no molds. And they aren't paying to have new ones made, so there you go. They have now moved on to other endevors and I for one wish them the best.

Originally posted by alex
          I know about the stolen molds, but why no new figures in the pipeline??????
          sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• gaga4toyz
            Persistent Member
            • Aug 10, 2004

We appreciate all the support you guys have been given us over the years. We're very proud of what we accomplished despite our challenges. The reason there is nothing new in the pipeline is money. Molds cost money. We took a loan out to make our original molds and now those molds are gone and we can't make any more product from them. No product means no income. We still owe alot of money to our lender for those molds we no longer have. In order to get more molds made we would have to take out a loan for at least another $25,000. We have several prototypes for 8inch figures we'd love to see made, but until we can pay off our original debt, it doesn't make sense to borrow additional money to start new projects. These projects take alot of money to start and alot of work to maintain. Unless you have distribution behind you there's not alot of return on your initial investment to keep the company operating. You basically need a big chunk of money that you don't need back for a while. Does that make sense? We still love mego's and have some ideas for some smaller scale projects.

Comment

• Jerry68
              Persistent Member
              • Feb 12, 2008

What about providing the accesories? Clothes, boots, etc...
              sigpic

Comment

• alex
                Permanent Member
                • Jun 15, 2009

I had read about the phantom, but honestly understood it was the head sculpts that were stolen. Didnt realise the whole body. So is anyone using them?

Damn, sorry to hear about your situation.
                Last edited by alex; Aug 14, '12, 4:04 PM.

Comment

• JediJaida
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 14, 2008

What he said.

You guys have some of the best bodysuits, shoes and boots and other goodies in the business.

Or were the molds for the boots stolen as well?
                  JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

If BBP can borrow or lease or whatever Doc Mego's body mold can't you do the same? Would have loved to have that Flash Gordon and Nosferatu.
                    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• The Bat
                      Batman Fanatic
                      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                      If BBP can borrow or lease or whatever Doc Mego's body mold can't you do the same?
                      Jay did for the Commander X figures as well.
                      sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
                        Talkative Member
                        • Jun 14, 2008

It's an idea, but as the man said, they are up to their proverbial necks as it is.

I sincerely hope that you guys can pay off your debts, (and if there's any way to sock it to the S.O.B. that stole from you in the first place, DO IT!!!) you've got some great stuff.
                        JediJaida

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Best of luck Jason. Castaway has been a great company and nothing short of an amazing experience for me. As we have seen with others who have immersed themselves in this business, it is not for the faint of heart. Much to risk with little rewards to start with. It certainly echos the importance of participation from those who champion the cause when ideas are considered and investments are gambled. These guys literally put their tails on the block for those of us who want different licenses that bigger companies will never consider. It's beyond tragic, the people who ultimately let you guys down were the manufacturers. Just unbelievable. I think the customer base was there and growing. I hope you guys return. Many of us will be there ready to buy when you do.

Comment

• drmego
                            EMCE Toys
                            • Jun 15, 2001

All of their tooling is gone - boots, heads, bodies, belts. Chinese manufacturing is going through
                            a very rocky time right now with smaller factories going out of business all the time. When that
                            happens, another factory has to take your tooling and they expect you to spend money to justify
                            the costs they incurred in moving it. Otherwise the steel itself is worth more to recycle.

Manufacturing, especially toy making, depends on large quantities since the unit price is so low.

Originally posted by JediJaida
                            What he said.

You guys have some of the best bodysuits, shoes and boots and other goodies in the business.

Or were the molds for the boots stolen as well?
                            www.drmego.com
                            www.megoman.com
                            www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Holy Jesus!! I had no idea it was THAT bad!

Thats terrible!!

Jason, you guys have my sincerest condolences.

I hope you recover from this and get back in business.
                              JediJaida

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎