Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JediJaida
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 14, 2008

That's great to hear about Athena. Maybe you could sell carded outfits for other figures. That way, we won't have to strip Apollo or Starbuck for theirs.
    JediJaida

Comment

• jonwes
      Museum Patron
      • Nov 17, 2011

Decided to take the plunge on the BSG figures. It looks like September (!) of 2013 is the new date for Lucifer and Athena. Bummer, but at least they're coming. I was hoping we'd hear news of Android Sister soon, though, as she was one of the coolest looking figures of the bunch.

Comment

• BifBangPow! JLabs
        Career Member
        • Dec 21, 2009

Just posted about Android in another thread - She is currently off the plan right now - we just want to focus on the characters people really want / demanded. But as soon as we get through the other character and find a good partner for her, she may be released. If our luck improves in 2013, we may see Athena and Lucifer sooner. We would rather under promise and over deliver in 2013, right?
        Co-founder, BifBangPow!
        bifbangpow.com
        twitter.com/bifbangpow

Comment

• jonwes
          Museum Patron
          • Nov 17, 2011

That seems wise.

At least we all know it's not like you guys aren't trying! I'm just happy you're working so hard to get these out by hook or by crook.

Comment

• Chris
            Persistent Member
            • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
            If our luck improves in 2013, we may see Athena and Lucifer sooner. We would rather under promise and over deliver in 2013, right?
            That sounds interesting. I still can't believe we have a Cylon. That figure is so damn cool.
            If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• The Sentry
              Persistent Member
              • Jun 3, 2007

I have to say I've not been this excited about a line since I was a kid! I'm REALLY stoked to get a Mego sized Lucifer! Wow, Imperious Leader, Baltar, Boomer, Jolly! Wow! I'm happy as Hell! lol!

Plus, what's out now I'm REALLY impressed with! It's almost as if they came out in 1978! Keeping true to the Mego format is always a plus with me!
              sigpic
              http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
              https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
              [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• jonwes
                Museum Patron
                • Nov 17, 2011

Just got the first couple rounds of figures. Can't wait for more! Overall, they are very fun! They didn't quite account for the long hair on Apollo and Starbuck when they designed the coats so they don't fit as well as they should. Starbuck isn't bad, but Apollo is a little problematic. But Adama is amazing and the Cylons look great though some design decisions mean they can't move as much as I'd like and I really wish their hands could grab their guns properly.

Comment

• Chris
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 23, 2009

I swapped my Cylon body with a Zica body and all of the mobility problems were resolved.
                  If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

It's exciting to see this line picking up steam and getting the business to continue with new characters. There is definitely a market out there for the classic Galactica. Always great to hear a positive review on these guys.

Comment

• alex
                      Permanent Member
                      • Jun 15, 2009

Yeah same here, the more the merrier, great shots !!

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                        Moderation Engineer
                        • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by BifBangPow! JLabs
                        - we just want to focus on the characters people really want / demanded.
                        Well if that's how it works, I respectfully demand a Black Dynamite figure. I'd be willing to kick in an extra buck for the Chinese orphans in Vietnam.

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                          Often invisible
                          • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          Well if that's how it works, I respectfully demand a Black Dynamite figure. I'd be willing to kick in an extra buck for the Chinese orphans in Vietnam.
                          I second that!
                          Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• jonwes
                            Museum Patron
                            • Nov 17, 2011

Thanks guys. I got pulled into these sort of figures via Doctor Who, and now I'm loving some of these licenses and figures!

Originally posted by Chris
                            I swapped my Cylon body with a Zica body and all of the mobility problems were resolved.
                            How difficult was that? Love the parts, but the way they work on the body can be a bit maddening. What about the hands? Did you just paint them black?

Comment

• JediJaida
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 14, 2008

Is it my imagination, or do the heads look to be as squishy as the Angelique head from the Dark Shadows figures? That was my main problem with continuing to buy them. That and if you shine a flashlight behind the head, it makes it look somewhat transparent.

The heads are a big issue with me (no pun intended). They need to be made of a firmer, more resilient form of vinyl, with better paint jobs and likenesses.

The same thing with the girls; from what has been stated by the BiffBangPow peeps, they are working on rooted hair for her.

I'm glad of that, but heads that tend towards being too pale, and too fragile are also a problem.

Could you please consider that if you re-release the First Wave?

And please do something about the too tight stringing of the figs; the rubber bands tend to snap if you are too eager to pose the figure.
                              JediJaida

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                                To Fear is Not Logical...
                                • Feb 17, 2008

Jonwes, Those are great photos of the figures. I like the 70s style TV lighting.
                                It's all good!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎