Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earth 2 Chris
    Verbose Member
    • Mar 7, 2004

Seems odd that Mattel can get these shipped to these closeout stores (and RESTOCK them), but couldn't be bothered to keep TRU stocked with new product. Lex and Sinestro are still hanging out at a nearby TRU at full price. That was the only wave I ever saw at actual retail.

Chris
    sigpic

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
      Seems odd that Mattel can get these shipped to these closeout stores (and RESTOCK them), but couldn't be bothered to keep TRU stocked with new product. Lex and Sinestro are still hanging out at a nearby TRU at full price. That was the only wave I ever saw at actual retail.

Chris
      This is pretty much how it is with EVERY Mattel product that's not a girl's toy, sadly.

Mattel's distribution is famous for their "logistics" issues.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

^Don't I know it. How many otherwise successful lines has it sunk? 200X MOTU, 6" Batman, DCUC after a long run, but still...

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• drmego
          EMCE Toys
          • Jun 15, 2001

Mattel isn't shipping them to the closeout stores. Mattel sold the remaining inventory to either a wholesaler
          who then sells them to the discount chains or directly to the chain itself.

Chris
          www.drmego.com
          www.megoman.com
          www.emcetoys.com

Comment

• ukaking
            Museum Super Collector
            • Feb 1, 2011

Shame whoever bought them is a better distributor than Mattel. smh...

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

Shame whoever bought them is a better distributor than Mattel. smh...
              Yeah, that was my point. Mattel never could seem to get this line the support it deserved. They can get those DCUC/MOTU 2-packs in to TRU by the truckload, but not fresh cases of Retro-Action when it was going.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• ScottA
                Original Member
                • Jun 25, 2001

It ashame too. The figures we saw at MM were just jaw dropping. Maybe Mattel will surprise us someday. But I think if I had a Five Guys by me I'd be buying all they had.
                sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• The Toyroom
                  The Packaging King
                  • Dec 31, 2004

I was told at my Five Below that they only rec'd two sets in their initial shipment.
                  Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ODBJBG
                    Permanent Member
                    • May 15, 2009

Yeah, that was my point. Mattel never could seem to get this line the support it deserved. They can get those DCUC/MOTU 2-packs in to TRU by the truckload, but not fresh cases of Retro-Action when it was going.

Chris
                    To be fair, distribution on those has been pretty wonky too. The second series didn't get evenly distributed to most stores. So you have some TRUs drowning in Wave 1, while others are drowning in Wave 2. As I understand it, few if any stores got a good mix. One would assume that it was a TRU problem, though.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by ScottA
                      It ashame too. The figures we saw at MM were just jaw dropping. Maybe Mattel will surprise us someday. But I think if I had a Five Guys by me I'd be buying all they had.
                      That'd be a lot of cheeseburgers.
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Tommyboy
                        Spock Head Speculator
                        • May 13, 2003

I found three at Five Below tonight: Darkseid, Martian Manhunter, Black Adam. Now my store has none.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎