Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

I could definitely use a few Shazam/Black Adam sets if you find any in-stock, and if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Five sets (10 figures) would be ideal. My nephew's birthday party isn't until 9/14. I can Paypal you in advance. I'd consider it a big favor, and it would be very much appreciated.
    Hi,
    I wouldn't ask for any payment unless I actually found something. It will be Thurs or Fri before I can explore the two stores near me. PM me when you get the chance. Let me know if you would need any I could find or if it would need to be exactly 5 sets. Not sure that any of them will have that much. When I've gone into Five Below, I usually find they display about one case of something and then that is it. I got my son a 3" spider-man when the movie was coming out, we went back to see what else was there a week later and all of the other product was gone.
    It's all good!

Comment

• ukaking
      Museum Super Collector
      • Feb 1, 2011

I was able to grab a few Darkseid, Black Adam and Shazam from my local Five Below as well. Also noticed that my Toys R Us had marked down the Real Ghostbusters two pack with Sam Hain and the girl in it to under $20. Anyone else seen this?

Comment

• rykerw1701
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 27, 2007

This was a great tip, thank you to the first one to post it. I live near Philly, which is an epicenter of 5 Below's, and got a pile of figures. Most of them I'll use for kids gifts for my sons various birthday parties. Great to pass on the Mego tradion to a new generation!

Comment

• jprah
          • Oct 29, 2003

The one by me - Plainfield IL - had 2 cases. No Superman or Batman - Just two of each figures - Picked up a second set for me - and one for my 7 year old to enjoy and play with!

Jeff

Comment

• ScottA
            Original Member
            • Jun 25, 2001

Man, I wish these were by me. need that Manhunter and another Darkseid.
            sigpic WANTED: Boxed, Carded and Kresge Carded WGSH

Comment

• Sethmeisteroni
              • Feb 26, 2011

Awesome, Thanks for the tip. I grabbed 1 of each MM,DS,BA, ans Shazam in Union, NJ. The card were descent too.

Comment

• Chris
                Persistent Member
                • Dec 23, 2009

The 5 Below in Center City Philly didn't have any retros.
                If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

There must have been a ton of surplus considering how many of these lines are finding their way onto second tier shelves. I think it's a forgone conclusion that Matty should give up on the tiny "discounts" and just have one massive blow out sale. With these kind of buys, no one will pay regular retail price for these figures now. Nice finds.

Comment

• rykerw1701
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 27, 2007

I went to 3 Five Belows around the suburbs of Philly and they all have stock last week. I'd say to call first and ask.

Originally posted by Chris
                    The 5 Below in Center City Philly didn't have any retros.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
                      To Fear is Not Logical...
                      • Feb 17, 2008

Hi all,
                      I stopped by the Five Below near my work today and stopped by the one near my house and it looks like they re-stocked the wave. Lots of Captain Marvels.
                      It's all good!

Comment

• Chris
                        Persistent Member
                        • Dec 23, 2009

Originally posted by rykerw1701
                        I went to 3 Five Belows around the suburbs of Philly and they all have stock last week. I'd say to call first and ask.
                        Thx! I found a Martian Manhunter and Black Adam at the 5 Below in Springfield. It's great seeing these on the shelf.
                        If a Mego figure of God did not exist, it would be necessary for EMCE to invent him.

Comment

• BATMAN89
                          Mego obsessed!!!
                          • Jul 20, 2010

I found a Darkseid in Orland Hills, IL last night.
                          It was kind of hidden. I was about to leave and I walked through the aisle one more time.
                          The lady there said that there was more at the other store she works at also.
                          I just have to find time to go there. It's only about 5 miles further.
                          Big Kid Toys Facebook Page!

My Good Trader's List
                          My Early Custom Megos

Comment

• gregk74
                            • Nov 2, 2010

$5.00????!!! Now THAT'S mego-esque!! Wish I had known before buying my set. .. i bet wonder woman is not part of that lineup though...still need her to complete my set and $50.00 - $60.00 is TOOOOOOOOOOOOO pricey. I will have to wait for loose

Comment

• z3zep
                              The Girl Next Door
                              • Sep 30, 2006

Anyone have an extra Martian Manhunter?

Comment

• Chris
                                Persistent Member
                                • Dec 23, 2009

$5 per figure is about $2 more than MEGO cost back in the 1970s. This morning there were a bunch at the Center City Philly 5 Below. I bought Shazam, Martian Manhunter and Darkseid. I couldn't help myself.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎