X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ironman1188
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 11, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
    I don't watch Two and 1/2 Men so I didn't know she was in a supporting role. It's good to know she's working.
    Don't watch it either, but it wasn't hard to find out.

I don't watch Rizzoli & Isles so... Despite being highly visible and well publicized in The Sopranos, (a show which managed to pull in a great many viewers despite being on a subscription cable channel), Bracco is not getting lead actress roles like she used to in Goodfellas, Medicine Man. You would think Sopranos would give her career a boost but...

but...she's not leading lady material anymore

I haven't been watching that show but she's not playing a lead.
    but she is working steady AND on a hit show

Really? Friends was juggernaut of sitcoms from the `90's, like Seinfeld. NBC cowered in fear at the thought that any of the cast would leave the show. I don't think her presence on the show can be dismissed.
    Was being the operative word. Friends ended in 2004 and NO ONE is beating down her door for her to get in front of the camera today. Of the three females in the cast she was the least they were afraid would leave.

I don't know what she looks like now. If a role came her way I bet she would get into shape fast.
    Last time I saw her in a role [and it wasn't a starring role] she was fat, guess she couldn't get in shape all that fast.

Foxy Brown-1974. Jackie Brown-1997, and a lot of supporting film & TV series roles but not many lead movie roles since.
    But...still working steadily and could easily still handle lead roles.

She is an actress too. Of all the people we've discussed here she most resembles She-Hulk. If she has the acting chops to pull it off I'd love to see her in the role.
    Kathy Ireland looks most like She-Hulk? Don't know what pics of her you've been looking at.
    She hasn't acted since 2002 and even then most all she did were bit parts, Hallmark movies or ones that tried capitalizing on how big she was at the time. The work was not as "steady" as true actresses. She's still about as talented an actress as Fabio.
    Bugler, sound the advance.

Comment

• Timothy2251
      Jerks beef with Ten Bears
      • Mar 15, 2008

I think Harmon would make for a pretty good She-Hulk, IMO. She can act, she's not hard on the eyes, and she can do some action scenes pretty well if Rizolli and Isles is anything to go by (my wife LOVES that show). Only drawback I do see is she needs more body mass if they go with make-up/body paint. If they go the CGI/mocap route, it won't matter what her physique is, the SFX will take care of that, and still have her look like the actress more or less. I do love her enthusiasm for the character, too.

My only concern is if Disney/Marvel would risk bringing She-Hulk to the big screen. The character isn't quite on the same level as any of the Avengers that I could see folks running out to go see a film. However, the character would be PERFECT for a TV series. I'm thinking it'd make a nice spiritual successor to the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman series - you got your female empowerment in spades, you got courtroom drama (She Hulk is a lawyer, after all), you'd have ample opportunity to break the fourth wall, a la the John Byrne comics, and you can have her throw down against a supervillain/monster every week. Plus with Disney at the helm for this, you'd see some pretty sweet make-up or CGI to bring her to life. And since they own ABC, it'd make for a strong draw for both the male and female demographics.

Again, just a thought.

Angie-Harmon_510.jpg
      Last edited by Timothy2251; Aug 5, '12, 4:48 PM.
      "It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life."

Comment

• johnmiic
        Adrift
        • Sep 6, 2002

^^^I don't know they would do a TV series. There should be really good Super Hero TV series on but TV doesn't seem to want to bankroll for the effects to depict comic book-like super heroes. We keep getting shows like Lois & Clark, Smallville, Heroes and Arrow. Like concentrating on the alter-ego is supposed to be more interesting than being the hero. The networks just don't get it. Breaking the 4th wall would be risky. If HULK isn't going to be in a sequel maybe they could put her origin in it and introduce her like that. They would really benefit if there were quality Fantastic Four films being made. She could be introduced like that. I'd love an FF crossover film.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎