X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • noelani72
    27inaleon
    • Jun 25, 2002

PM's working ok for everyone?

I was seeing in another thread about how someone wasn't answering PM's and it got me thinking...

There are three highly respected people on this forum who I've PM'ed these past three weeks; and I have not received a reply, which I'd think is pretty odd since they are all three actively posting on the boards.
  • Peter Panda
    Museum Super Collector
    • Feb 7, 2012

I was having issues with my pms...dont know about anyone else but my pm box said it was not full,yet people were getting messages saying that it was....so i just dumped the entire inbox so its empty....hope that fixes the issues!

Comment

• bobws
      Permanent Member
      • Feb 13, 2008

I don't like how i cant see the inbox area where it used to be. i had a new message in my inbox but it was from the same person as the last one and i didn't notice the new one for 2 days.
      yes at the top line it said Notifications 1 , but i wasn't looking for that. i guess now i know and will be more attentive to it. and i miss deleting PM without looking at the PM itself.
      If there is another way please let me know.
      "Hang on Lady... We go for a RIDE!" - Shorty to Willie Scott.Best movie line from Indiana Jones & the Temple Of Doom

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Agreed. I have sent PM's and missed PM's because of this. The alert is very faint and only at the very top of the page. Not a good spot and is often missed.

Comment

• noelani72
          27inaleon
          • Jun 25, 2002

Wll, actually, I see notifications for PMs in two spots, so I don't know how not seeing the alert can be used as an excuse.

You see the new notification in the upper right hand corner.
          You also see a newly highlighted button under the Forum tab/button on the lefthand side of the page along the main navigation bar.

It is merely aggravating to PM someone....and without even stalking their user profile to see when they were on the boards last, you notice they're responding to other threads or even creating threads.

To me, that is just poor form.
          Reply. It is that easy.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎