Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Malekith and the Dark Elves to be Thor: The Dark World villains?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Operation:Mego
    I'm the Star Spangled Man
    • May 21, 2011

Malekith and the Dark Elves to be Thor: The Dark World villains?

An interview with a stunt man on the film revealed that the stunt men were told to start acting/moving around more like Elves. This, in addition to "The Dark World" title has lead many to speculate that "Malekith the Accursed" and the dark elves would be the primary villains in the film.
    Sounds interesting. Done right, Malekith would make an excellent villain. And now I know why Alan Taylor was chosen to direct; if it is Malekith and the dark elves, Taylor's dark and gritty style (like on GOT; grimy would be another good word) is perfect for the feel/direction of the story. But that's just my opinion, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by Operation:Mego; Sep 7, '12, 12:28 AM.
    sigpic
    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.
    • May 21, 2011

Tom Hiddleston on Loki:

On where he wishes to take the character in the film, Hiddleston said, "I'd like to take [Loki] to his absolute rock bottom. I'd like to see him yield, essentially, to his darkest instincts. Then, having hit rock bottom, maybe come back up. I think the fascination for me about playing Loki is that, in the history of the mythology and the comic books and the Scandinavian myths, is he's constantly dancing on this fault line of the dark side and redemption."

Zachary Levi on Fandral:

Levi compared the character to Flynn Rider, the character he played in animated feature, Tangled, "Fandral is a little similar to Rider in some ways. So, I'll start there. He's like this lothario. He's like Errol Flynn. He loves ladies, as do I... He's not British, he's Asgardian, but he speaks like he's from England as some of them do..."

Rene Russo on Frigga:

Russo said that her role was expanded and explores Frigga's relationship with Loki, "You know, they cut me [down] in the first film. Kenneth Branagh sent me a nice note, because he understood, he's an actor. You move on, what are you going to do? But I think they're going to need a good mom in the next film. Loki needs his mom. I have a lot of compassion for [Loki]. But we might have to have a conversation about what he just did".

Hemsworth on the film:

Hemsworth confirmed that filming is scheduled to begin in August 2012, in London, England. Hemsworth also revealed that Thor 2 will have a more Viking-influenced feel, elaborating "I think the science fiction element to Thor … the danger is it falls a little bit into the world of it's 'tough to throw a light to.' I think of big waterfalls and mountains and a Viking influence, where the Norse mythology kind of grew from. Having that in Asgard is going to make it all the more special and that's what Alan [Taylor] wants to bring to it."

And also, the villain is revealed:

In August of that same year, Christopher Eccleston entered final negotiations to play Malekith the Accursed, leader of the dark elves. Also in August, it was reported that the film will shoot in Iceland, where Alan Taylor shot parts of Game of Thrones.
    sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by jwyblejr
      I'm waiting for Enchantress to show up sooner or later,then Zemo to show up in Cap. Then we can have The Masters of Evil in Avengers.
      That would be cool.
      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Kat Dennings will return as Darcy Lewis:

Denning's role was expanded from that of a comic relief sidekick.

Idris Elba as Heimdall:

Elba said he has a larger role in the sequel, "In the new film we're going to get to know Heimdall the Asgardian a bit better, and we're going to get to know Asgard a bit better. I can't say too much, but the expansion of Thor in his world is going to be huge. My part was very small and functional in the first film, but I still felt very privileged to play him. It felt quite groundbreaking to be a part of that".

And finally, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was cast as Algrim the Strong/Kurse.
        Last edited by Operation:Mego; Sep 23, '12, 12:41 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

First official picture of the set.
          sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Toward the end of August, Patrick Doyle said in an interview that he was discussing with the director, Taylor, potentially returning to score the film.
            Hell yes!!
            sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

More pics of the set:

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Dr. Strange is now rumoured to appear in Thor: The Dark World before appearing in his own feature film.

There’s a crazy new rumor gaining steam online that Doctor Strange will actually be introduced [...]

I wish I knew what twitter account they're talking about. Sounds like one actually worth following.
                Last edited by Operation:Mego; Sep 12, '12, 3:37 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Wonder who he could be....
                  sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

New pic of Sif and Thor:
                      sigpic

Comment

• May 21, 2011

sigpic

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                          Talkative Member
                          • Jun 20, 2011

Man---after seeing these shots of Jaime Alexander as Sif, is there anyone else out there who thinks DC would be an utter fool to NOT offer her the role as WW?
                          sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• May 21, 2011

Originally posted by emeraldknight47
                            Man---after seeing these shots of Jaime Alexander as Sif, is there anyone else out there who thinks DC would be an utter fool to NOT offer her the role as WW?
                            I've always thought she would make the perfect Wonder Woman. These pictures just reinforce that.
                            Last edited by Operation:Mego; Sep 23, '12, 12:42 AM. Reason: Just noticed a typo
                            sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Warner Bros would rather cast some flash in the pan flavor of the month. Right Ryan Reynolds??
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎