Looks like that head would make a great Triton from the Inhumans too!
As mentioned regarding the "good eye", that's how my brain see things...
However, I cannot sculpt a likeness to save my rear..nope, just have not figured that part out yet...but, the frankensteining of existing parts is really cool...
For any of you who already have a Darkseid head, you can see it is a little larger than a typical 8" guy since they buffed the figure up with that puffy outfit.
I'm waiting on a DrMego Hulk body to be the Hellboy base. Still on the fence about how I am going to do it.
If I don't like the results, the thought has crossed my mind to mod an existing body, mold it, cast parts, and just go all out on a new body cast in red.
I like the idea of Triton - I agree it would go over very well for this figure.
spent a few hours yesterday with a quiet house...
I had to break down and go purchase some spot filler to get a few rough spots on the head.
I used sandable grey primmer in light coats to sand-n-fill, sand-n-fill. Once all done, he got a coat of sealant and mold release and in the silicone it went.
Started fixing some of the areas where you could tell I merged the Black Adam and Darkseid heads.
Plus, the spot filler helped feather out the newly added clay around his horns.
As the size of the head grew because of that goatee and hair bun, I was beginning to get worried about molding it.
I figured I was going to run into problems with air getting trapped and resulting in poor castings.
So, I made vents in my mold for the first time. Is there a correct way to do this? Beats me...but here is what I did....
I suspended the head upside down in a Dixie cup (as I usually do).
Once centered, I strategically drilled three small holes in the cup walls.
The location of the holes, as well as the angle, were very important....
I took three toothpicks and cut off the sharp, pointed end. That gave me a nice, flat brunt edge.
I inserted a toothpick into each hole, carefully, and butted the flat edge up against each horn, and the center of the hair bun.
My vision was as the mold started to fill with resin, air would be forced out thru those three small chambers with a tad of resin seeping out into the Dixie cup.
If I lost you in the translation, just imagine putting a Christmas Tree in its stand while you twist the lag bolts to center the tree....same principal I applied using the toothpicks.
Demolding the head was a piece of cake.
I slit the Dixie cup and the very fine film of resin that seeped out of the vents easily pulled off. Actually, since I demold sooner than the manufacturer suggests, the sliver of resin actually in the vent channels - well, it pulls right out and you can't even tell where it was attached to the horns or hair bun.
But, despite the clever vents...I still have a minor hiccup with trapping air.
I either get a small pocket of empty space on the hair bun, or the goatee...depending which way I hold the mold as I pour resin.
if I had a pressure pot thingie like Austin showed us at MegoMeet, perhaps this would solve my issue.
To guarantee perfect results, I will probably make the hair bun as a separate piece and attach it. No one would ever know....
Time to start a new thread since I've explained this Frankenstein-method of making the head