X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surfsup
    Silver Chrome Dome
    • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by dumbldor
    Sweet stretch collection, Bill! Thanks for posting a picture!

Any chance we can get a pic of the actual toys in their trays?
    Here you go, I ended up taking seperate pics in the end:

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Amazing collection Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Those are awesome. great condition and an enviable collection. Congrats!

Comment

• dumbldor
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 9, 2002

Thanks, Bill! Great pictures, and a very cool collection. I really like that stretch X-ray figure.

Comment

• z3zep
            The Girl Next Door
            • Sep 30, 2006

Wow they are in awesome condition! congrats!

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

A guy from Japan is selling the Japanese stretch monster in his e-bay store for $1200.00 but looks like it needs a cleaning. If ya get one you might just have one of the only complete collections of kenner stretch figures in the world. (minus the lame serpent, imho).good luck.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                Banned
                • Oct 17, 2007

Originally posted by stretchandro
                A guy from Japan is selling the Japanese stretch monster in his e-bay store for $1200.00 but looks like it needs a cleaning. If ya get one you might just have one of the only complete collections of kenner stretch figures in the world. (minus the lame serpent, imho).good luck.
                no the guy from the stretcharmstrongworld.com has the complete X10 collection. ..you know the phantom67 who paid the 15 grand for bats...now that is a collection.

and this is a great collection as well. I always wanted the octopus ones and had seen them when they where cheap but just never bought them..lol

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                  • Jan 22, 2008

Why are so many of the rarest stretchs up for bids on ebay in such a short amount of time? lately there been 3 !! different auctions for the Mego stretch hulk, 2 for the Japanese stretch monster, a japanese armstrong, a denys fisher stretch hulk is for sale in an ebay store, a rare superman prototype figure, an elasticman prototype figure, a f'n Batman !!!! at least two different colectors have liquidated their stretch collections (mondaystroll, member 12345678 or whatever and Buckythx) are any of those guys MegoMuseum members and does anyone know why the selling of all the rarest at the same time?

Comment

• Surfsup
                    Silver Chrome Dome
                    • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by stretchandro
                    Why are so many of the rarest stretchs up for bids on ebay in such a short amount of time? lately there been 3 !! different auctions for the Mego stretch hulk, 2 for the Japanese stretch monster, a japanese armstrong, a denys fisher stretch hulk is for sale in an ebay store, a rare superman prototype figure, an elasticman prototype figure, a f'n Batman !!!! at least two different colectors have liquidated their stretch collections (mondaystroll, member 12345678 or whatever and Buckythx) are any of those guys MegoMuseum members and does anyone know why the selling of all the rarest at the same time?
                    The person I bought mine from said she needed the money for something else. I don't think she would have sold them otherwise. I saw that Japanese monster but I'm going to give it a miss until I see a nicer one.

Comment

• dumbldor
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 9, 2002

You don't see carded Ironmans or carded Green Goblins on ebay in bunches like that. Makes me wonder how 'rare' these stretchies really are.

Comment

• Surfsup
                        Silver Chrome Dome
                        • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by dumbldor
                        You don't see carded Ironmans or carded Green Goblins on ebay in bunches like that. Makes me wonder how 'rare' these stretchies really are.
                        They're nowhere near as rare as the tough Megos Dan. You will always see them pop up on Ebay but the rare thing is you'll hardly see them in top condition and complete..

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                          • Jan 22, 2008

Hey surfsup, there's another stretch monster (japanese version) up for bids for about $500 and with a buy it now of $850.00. I think the price is reasonable considering not very many of these guys out there (at least in north america). Seems like a lot of people have "suspisions" about the rarity of the various stretchs. Other than the obvious collectors/horders out there I really doubt there's a "stretch conspirousy" to make them seem rarer. The fact over 700 peole have looked at the Mego stretch bats (in 3 days) says enough people have an intrest in collecting these things,no?

Comment

• 4NDR01D
                            • Jan 22, 2008

Oh, I just want to clarify that yes I know some collectors/horders have been doing a good job of cornering the market for the last several years making it virtually impossible for some people to purchase them at an "affordable" price, but I don't feel that makes them less rare. Let's remember there IS a differance between "vhtf" and "impossible to find". I searched flea markets, thrift shops, garage sales etc for years before just finally shelling out the bucks for just a "plain" old armstrong on ebay. How few have to be in circulation for people to consider them rare?

Comment

• dumbldor
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 9, 2002

Thanks for the clarification, guys. That's a really good point, Bill, about condition.

There used to be a guy on this site who went on and on and on and on about how 'rare' they are, yet they seem to be on ebay a lot. Maybe they just change hands quite a bit.

Comment

• PCofmisfittoys
                                Banned
                                • Oct 17, 2007

i think people see them getting sold and make more people more aware of them. thus people dig them out of toy boxes or attics to sell. I mena 15 grand for a batman would make anyone sell the one they had.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎