Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Bat
    Batman Fanatic
    • Jul 14, 2002

Not to be to much of a downer...but I kinda thought she'd be well ya know, pretty?
    sigpic

Comment

• JediJaida
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 14, 2008

You were expecting an 8 inch Barbie???

Complete with phoney baloney blonde hair???

Maybe in a year, if this one sells well.

You can always reroot it, if you really want to.
      JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Any plans for it headless? Seems like a lot of people will use custom heads and or reroot this one. One hair color is sort of limiting to customizers.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by The Bat
          Not to be to much of a downer...but I kinda thought she'd be well ya know, pretty?
          Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but frankly... this one shocks me.

Comment

• ZICA
            Persistent Member
            • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
            Any plans for it headless? Seems like a lot of people will use custom heads and or reroot this one. One hair color is sort of limiting to customizers.
            Currently there are no plans to sell the body headless. If this first edition sells well enough it will be released again with a different hair color.

Comment

• JediJaida
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 14, 2008

Me too.

She's absolutely gorgeous the way she is.

One thing we don't need is another doll/action figure with a Stepford smile on it's face a la Barbie, or the rictus/constipated expression of that other line (not Playmates, the one that did Black Widow and Phoenix, I can't remember the name!)

The expression is calm, cool and poised. In other words, perfect.

Aha! Now I remember the name!

It was Famous Covers, and nearly all of their female figures had that same constipated expression on their faces.

Not very attractive.
              Last edited by JediJaida; Jul 25, '12, 11:11 AM.
              JediJaida

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

I really think you should do a headless run, a sort of no frills option for the customizers who don't care about the included head or packaging. I'm assuming that would cut the price point and move more figures.
                You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ZICA
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                  I really think you should do a headless run, a sort of no frills option for the customizers who don't care about the included head or packaging. I'm assuming that would cut the price point and move more figures.
                  There's always the option to sell the head if you don't need it. I feel like there will probably be people who may want an extra one to try some customizing on without having to buy a whole new body. As for eliminating the packaging to help reduce the cost, the type of packaging I've chosen adds very little to the overall cost of the item.

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                    Moderation Engineer
                    • Aug 14, 2003

Hey Craig - Can you post a picture of the neck hole on the head, and can you show what would be entailed to put a Mego-esque head on the body? I'm trying to see how hard it would be to swap a Doc Supergirl head or an FC head on to your body.

Comment

• Remco Monster
                      GLOWS in the Dark!
                      • May 3, 2006

Impressive body, don't change a thing! Well done Craig!

Comment

• The Bat
                        Batman Fanatic
                        • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by JediJaida
                        You were expecting an 8 inch Barbie???

Complete with phoney baloney blonde hair???

Maybe in a year, if this one sells well.

You can always reroot it, if you really want to.
                        No need to get so defensive. I know how much you worship Craig...but I wasn't being mean, just asking a question. I used the word pretty and to you it = Barbie? I don't want to see a Barbie head sculpt or a Mego Supergirl, or Dinamite. But since Zica used the Cygirls as "just" an example for his poll...I thought the heads would at least look similar. Not "Barbie like" but beautiful none the less.
                        The only custom I can see in that head sculpt is Big Barda. She's not pretty enough to be Wonder Woman.

Also, Craig said these were still being "tweaked"...so I figured now was the time to speak up.
                        sigpic

Comment

• ZICA
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 7, 2006

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                          Hey Craig - Can you post a picture of the neck hole on the head, and can you show what would be entailed to put a Mego-esque head on the body? I'm trying to see how hard it would be to swap a Doc Supergirl head or an FC head on to your body.
                          Here's a close-up pic of the head's neck socket. Based on what I know I don't think it will be possible to use female MEGO heads on the body. I'm not sure about the FC heads because I've never seen a loose one.

Originally posted by The Bat
                          No need to get so defensive. I know how much you worship Craig...but I wasn't being mean, just asking a question. I used the word pretty and to you it = Barbie? I don't want to see a Barbie head sculpt or a Mego Supergirl, or Dinamite. But since Zica used the Cygirls as "just" an example for his poll...I thought the heads would at least look similar. Not "Barbie like" but beautiful none the less.
                          The only custom I can see in that head sculpt is Big Barda. She's not pretty enough to be Wonder Woman.

Also, Craig said these were still being "tweaked"...so I figured now was the time to speak up.
                          This is the final version of the head and I'm very happy with it. She's plenty pretty enough for me.
                          Last edited by ZICA; Jul 25, '12, 9:28 PM.

Comment

• The Bat
                            Batman Fanatic
                            • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by ZICA
                            This is the final version of the head and I'm very happy with it. She's plenty pretty enough for me.
                            Well then, you can keep her...she's all yours brother.
                            sigpic

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                              Moderation Engineer
                              • Aug 14, 2003

Thanks Craig. I'm thinking Spider-woman.

Comment

• boss
                                Talkative Member
                                • Jun 18, 2003

I don't think there's any need to get snotty here. Craig's going out on a limb making these bodies, and he has to make the ultimate decisions ('cuz it's his money). I guarantee there is nothing he could do that will make us ALL happy. I'm sure if anyone wants to donate a few thousand dollars for a new head mold, he'll consider the offer.
                                Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎