Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gorn Captain
    Invincible Ironing Man
    • Feb 28, 2008

I've made the ultimate sacrifice for BBP, and I've bought series 1.
    I would now like them to resize the heads and send me a free set when they're ready!

I feel that this line has a future, and it's small step for me. All we need now is a giant step for BBP. Or is that the other way around?
    Get me an Ovion, Athena, Boomer, Baltar and Lucifer!
    "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• Gorn Captain
      Invincible Ironing Man
      • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by The Bat
      And he scores!!!!!
      "When things are at their darkest, it's a brave man that can kick back and party."

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

Guess someone in China or at BBP missed that memo.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Gorn Captain
          Invincible Ironing Man
          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          Guess someone in China or at BBP missed that memo.
          This is apparently the guy at the quality control desk:

Comment

• rche
            channeling Bob Wills
            • Mar 26, 2008

sort of a weird twist, but would the scale that these are in work on a FC body

Comment

• Gorn Captain
              Invincible Ironing Man
              • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by rche
              sort of a weird twist, but would the scale that these are in work on a FC body
              Now that's an idea...

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I know I have several headless FC bodies that gave their noggins to megos. irony, eh

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

BBP did start out as a bobble head company.
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Tothiro
                    Kitten Mittens
                    • Aug 28, 2008

I'm as frustrated and disappointed as the next megojunkie that this whole wave was... rough. But I do want to say that I think it would be premature for us as community to react to this as if BBP! has suddenly been possessed by the spirit of Mattel DC Retro.

I'm seeing some headless i's and armless t's, but Jlabs did step in and say "Our bad, we got this" and it will take a while to turn that process around. I'm sure it's a lumbering dinosaur. If that promise doesn't turn to action, then yes - It's totally fair to call it out, but I think it will be slow to reach retail under the best circumstances.

My point is, as painful as it is to say, it's probably the reality that fixes will take time and the next few figures out of the gate may have issues if they were very far into production. I'm a big fan of what BBP! has done with Venture, the look of TZ (even though I didn't pick them up myself because of the B&W). I'm hoping things can get put right. It sucks that two major properties (BSG and SMDM) are going to take such a hit - because those are huge properties (I swear no pun intended) and I'm pretty sure they developed together. I'm holding out hope that the Dr Who waves are far off enough to see some stricter QC and not have these problems, and that maybe future waves of SMDM and BSG can turn it around...

...And yeah, new fixed human BSG heads would be great, but aside from the cost issue I wouldn't even know how that would work from a license standpoint, so I'm kind of putting that in the same camp as hoping for new working 4th Doctor hats. Raspberries.

(though HEY! If someone wanted to offer a BSG Alter Ego mail-away set of heads as a fix, I would collect ALL of my cereal box tops!)
                    Last edited by Tothiro; Jul 28, '12, 5:03 PM.

Comment

• sprytel
                      Talkative Member
                      • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by Tothiro
                      I'm as frustrated and disappointed as the next megojunkie that this whole wave was... rough. But I do want to say that I think it would be premature for us as community to react to this as if BBP! has suddenly been possessed by the spirit of Mattel DC Retro.

I'm seeing some headless i's and armless t's, but Jlabs did step in and say "Our bad, we got this" and it will take a while to turn that process around. I'm sure it's a lumbering dinosaur. If that promise doesn't turn to action, then yes - It's totally fair to call it out, but I think it will be slow to reach retail under the best circumstances.

My point is, as painful as it is to say, it's probably the reality that fixes will take time and the next few figures out of the gate may have issues if they were very far into production. I'm a big fan of what BBP! has done with Venture, the look of TZ (even though I didn't pick them up myself because of the B&W). I'm hoping things can get put right. It sucks that two major properties (BSG and SMDM) are going to take such a hit - because those are huge properties (I swear no pun intended) and I'm pretty sure they developed together. I'm holding out hope that the Dr Who waves are far off enough to see some stricter QC and not have these problems, and that maybe future waves of SMDM and BSG can turn it around...

...And yeah, new fixed human BSG heads would be great, but aside from the cost issue I wouldn't even know how that would work from a license standpoint, so I'm kind of putting that in the same camp as hoping for new working 4th Doctor hats. Raspberries.

(though HEY! If someone wanted to offer a BSG Alter Ego mail-away set of heads as a fix, I would collect ALL of my cereal box tops!)
                      I agree with everything you just said. Nicely put.

Comment

• rche
                        channeling Bob Wills
                        • Mar 26, 2008

tru dat, Tothiro.

I don't find all that much fault with these figures. I do think there is room for improvement and I do want the sculpts to come down to a scale that works on the shelf with other Mego like items.

I like 'em. I want them to make more. I bought several.
                        If they continue to make large melon figs, then the company will be known for that. Just as other issues have been associated with similar cloth covered 8" range figures. FC and CTVT come to mind quickly.

I applaud the Jasons coming onto this board and acknowledging the head issue. I truly hope they are working to rectify the situation and give us many more great figures.

Comment

• Gorn Captain
                          Invincible Ironing Man
                          • Feb 28, 2008

Originally posted by rche
                          If they continue to make large melon figs, then the company will be known for that. .
                          A simple name change to Big Balloon-sized Potatoheads, and it's done...

Comment

• captact
                            King of Super Queens!
                            • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by D!n0-M@n
                            I've always felt Bif-Bang-Pow! was a class act and I still do. I'm very excited about these new lines, especially the SMDM! Speaking for myself as a huge fan of BBP, I personally appreciate the acknowledgments of the concerns addressed here and hope they can all be nailed down asap. I also wish BBP great success in all these new lines as well as any & all of their future endeavors.
                            Im with D!n0-M@n ,.....100% !!!!!!!! LOVE THE BSG line, ad cant wait for the next waves!!!!!

Comment

• captact
                              King of Super Queens!
                              • Aug 19, 2007

Originally posted by powersthatbe
                              i recieved rudy,adama and starbuck today and although i haven't opened them yet,i see or have no issues with the heads from what i see,I was fearing the heads would be big like for a 12" figure,so no flashback of the 12' captain america 1979 fiasco here lol
                              Got mines also today in the mail and I dot see any issues with the heads,..they match the bodies perfectly IMO....(although I did touch up the eyes and eyebrows to make them look more like the actors,..ad now the look AWESOME!!!!!!

Comment

• johnmiic
                                Adrift
                                • Sep 6, 2002

^^^post some photos.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡