Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • darklord1967
    Persistent Member
    • Mar 27, 2008

This is my Producion Design rendering of the Carbon Feeder Control Box Unit, which is to be mounted on the opposite Tunnion Bracket arm.

I... am an action figure customizer

Comment

• darklord1967
      Persistent Member
      • Mar 27, 2008

And here we have the Bat Signal's Main Rotation Motor, which will be located at the rear circular base of the stage prop.

Comment

• darklord1967
        Persistent Member
        • Mar 27, 2008

I also drafted brand new schematics of the final prop itself dressed with these new items. With no actual, real, three-dimensional prop for me to closely examine, this drafting work was often something of a challenge.

Last edited by darklord1967; Jan 11, '15, 1:16 PM.

Comment

• darklord1967
          Persistent Member
          • Mar 27, 2008

Last edited by darklord1967; Jan 11, '15, 1:15 PM.

Comment

• darklord1967
            Persistent Member
            • Mar 27, 2008

These new schematic drawings required a fair amount of research to be as accurate as possible. A considerable amount of grid comparison guess work was also required when it came to establishing the exact measurements of these different components that I planned to build.

Last edited by darklord1967; Jan 11, '15, 1:14 PM.

Comment

• cockyhoskins
              Career Member
              • Jan 13, 2009

I think this was the first thread I actually commented on after lurking for years. It amazed me then, and only continues to amaze me more with each update! Incredible doesn't begin to describe the work you've done here!

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                Museum Paramedic
                • Aug 31, 2005

If that Bat-Signal comes to pass, it will be something to treasure for the rest of your days. Even now, it's something to treasure. Never mind the fantastic play the you've staged.

- Ian
                Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• sprytel
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jun 26, 2009

Fascinating read. I can't get enough of this stuff! Are you still planning on putting out a DVD of the production? This would go great in the "Making Of" feature.

Comment

• darklord1967
                    Persistent Member
                    • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by cockyhoskins
                    I think this was the first thread I actually commented on after lurking for years. It amazed me then, and only continues to amaze me more with each update! Incredible doesn't begin to describe the work you've done here!
                    Thanks a ton cocky! Sometimes, when I see a representation of all of the work that has gone into this, I cannot believe it myself. It is still overwhelming, even for me, to think that this was all conceived to be a simple 45 minute-long high school stage play 3 years ago (possibly Superman-based (!). Through the dedication and hard work of so many people, it became so much more....

Originally posted by EmergencyIan
                    If that Bat-Signal comes to pass, it will be something to treasure for the rest of your days. Even now, it's something to treasure. Never mind the fantastic play the you've staged.

- Ian

Everything surrounding this play has undoubtedly been the experience of my lifetime. I remember 15 or 20 years ago thinking how awesome it would be to own the ultimate classic Batman and Robin " (full size) custom action figures" (very realistic mannequins dressed in detailed costumes) posed around a massive full scale light-up Bat-Signal prop on display somewhere in my home. How tremendously exciting it is for me that I am on the verge of realizing that dream! The Batman and Robin are already standing stoically in a corner of my kitchen...
                    ... soon the Bat Signal will join them!

Come to think of it, I WILL DEFINITELY have to find a different spot for them if I want to stay married... LOL!

Originally posted by sprytel
                    Fascinating read. I can't get enough of this stuff! Are you still planning on putting out a DVD of the production? This would go great in the "Making Of" feature.
                    One of the... less than pleasant aspects of putting something like this together has been the fact that my production documentarian had a camera in my face during virtually every moment of my struggles. I can assure you, this production was quite well documented, and the footage will all feature quite prominently in our DVD.
                    Last edited by darklord1967; Dec 2, '14, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                      Museum Paramedic
                      • Aug 31, 2005

^ That will be an awesome display in your home!

- Ian
                      Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• TrekStar
                        Trek or Treat
                        • Jan 20, 2011

Those are just off the charts awesome, although if I were to wake up in the middle of the night and see there
                        shadows in some corner, I might end up pooping my pants. Any arch criminals in the future?

Comment

• darklord1967
                          Persistent Member
                          • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by tjacwave50
                          Those are just off the charts awesome, although if I were to wake up in the middle of the night and see there
                          shadows in some corner, I might end up pooping my pants. Any arch criminals in the future?
                          In the beginning, there were a few heart-stopping moments in the middle of the night. It took some getting used to, but they've been positioned there for over a year now, so my wife and I are both pretty accustomed to them now.

As for arch criminals (being displayed) in the future. I don't think so. You see, I don't really consider these as Batman and Robin costume displays. To me they're more like character statues (which I created using mannequins). It took a lot of searching to find mannequins that were suitable to portray The Batman and Robin. I even had to slightly re-sculpt the boy mannequin's hair and paint it black so that it would serve as a suitable Robin.

So applying that thinking to any villains, I would have to find mannequins that fit the very specific proportions and facial features of these Classic villains. Not likely. They don't make a 5 foot tall fat, pot bellied male mannequin that I could use as the basis for The Penguin (For example).

I haven't even tried to do a BATGIRL display, because mannequins of young teenaged girls simply don't seem to exist. All I've ever seen are the mannequins for tall, statuesque women. Fine for Catwoman. Not so good for Harley Quinn nor Batgirl.

Comment

• Hedji
                            Citizen of Gotham
                            • Nov 17, 2012

The extraordinary care and attention you have lavished on this project is remarkable. You must be beyond proud of your accomplishments.

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

I haven't perused many a threads in the past year or so. i completely missed all updates to this -including the bat signal. you are truly amazing, my friend.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎