X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

http://screenrant.com/guardians-of-t...-adam-sandler/

Sandler?? Really???? If that happens my interest level goes to minus 47. Just imaging baby talk Sandler coming out of Groot?
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Yeah, while I understand the vocal range that might interest Marvel Studios with Jim Carrey, I fear that adding other comedic names like Adam Sandler will send the wrong message as far as treatment goes. The general public does not know anything about this license. And I doubt there will be enough comic fans to invest in this if it starts looking too offbeat. They need to keep the levity light and sell the premise with a little more seriousness. Nothing campy of course, but at least act like their presence is relevant to the Marvel universe. You start bringing in tale-tale signs of camp, the whole thing can unravel.

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

adding Adam Sandler to anything sends a wrong message.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          adding Adam Sandler to anything sends a wrong message.
          GAAATTOOORRRADE. You sound like a bu,bu,bu big choo choo train.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
            HULK SMASH!
            • Apr 3, 2010

Some concept art from Guardians of the Galaxy:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• ctc
              Fear the monkeybat!
              • Aug 16, 2001

>Some concept art

C'hp.... er.... Rocket: "I have the death penalty in twelve systems!"

Don C.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                Hi Ernie!!!
                • Feb 15, 2004

is that Shrek at the end of the table??

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                  HULK SMASH!
                  • Apr 3, 2010

A cool piece of Rocket Raccoon concept art:

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                    I'm the Star Spangled Man
                    • May 21, 2011

Updates!!

The Avengers director Joss Whedon, who signed a deal to creatively consult on all of the films leading into The Avengers sequel, including Guardians of the Galaxy, was enthusiastic about the selection of Gunn to direct, saying "James [Gunn] is what makes me think it will work... He is so off the wall, and so crazy, but so smart, such a craftsman and he builds from his heart. He loves the raccoon. Needs the raccoon... He has a very twisted take on it, but it all comes from a real love for the material. It's going to be hard for [the human characters] to keep up."

Victoria Alonso, an executive producer on the film, said that filming would begin in June. She also said that both Rocket Raccoon and Groot would be created through a combination of CGI and motion capture, going on to say that "You can’t do any motion capture with a raccoon – they won’t let you put the suit on [laughs]. But we will do rotomation, probably, for some of the behavior... we definitely will have performers to emulate what James Gunn will lead to be, the behavior and the performance. He’s very clear on where he wants to take the characters."

In an interview published in a March 2013 issue of SFX, Kevin Feige discussed Guardians of the Galaxy in relation to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. "It’s much more of a standalone film," said Feige. "It takes place in the same universe. And when we’ve been on the other side of that universe in other movies, you might see those characteristics in Guardians, but the Avengers are not involved with what’s happening out there at this time." Feige also stated that 95% of the film would take place in space.

A week later it was reported that sculptor Brian Muir, who sculpted Darth Vader's mask for the Star Wars films, was working on the film.

In April 2013, Zoe Saldana entered into negotiations to star as Gamora in the film.
                    sigpic
                    The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                      HULK SMASH!
                      • Apr 3, 2010

Ronan the Accuser will be the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy. Cool!

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Operation:Mego
                        I'm the Star Spangled Man
                        • May 21, 2011

^^ That is awesome!
                        sigpic
                        The event where the fans are separated from the true fans.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                          HULK SMASH!
                          • Apr 3, 2010

Latest rumour is that John C. Reilly might play Rhomann Dey.

PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                            HULK SMASH!
                            • Apr 3, 2010

Glenn Close looks to have been cast in GOTG as a senior member of the Nova Corps.

EXCLUSIVE: Here is a big one for Marvel fans. I’m told that Marvel Studios is setting Glenn Close to a major role in its newest franchise creation, Guardians Of The Galaxy. They’re always circumspect at Marvel, but I’m told that Close is playing a leadership role in Nova Corp, the intergalactic space patrol. The James […]
                            PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• emeraldknight47
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 20, 2011

It would be a HUGE geek moment to both MIB41 and myself to see any incarnation of NOVA on the big screen. He and I actually met (about a billion years ago ) whilst perusing a copy of The Man Called NOVA, issue #7, I believe. We've been buds ever since...
                              sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• Bruce Banner
                                HULK SMASH!
                                • Apr 3, 2010

Amy Pond in GOTG!
                                Yes, Karen Gillan has been cast, too... apparently playing "the film’s lead female villain".

_
                                Last edited by Bruce Banner; Jun 1, '13, 3:25 AM.
                                PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎