Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dee T.
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 25, 2012

I saw GOTG last night, and for someone who has never read any of their comics, I really enjoyed it. Rocket is a new favorite of mine in the comic superhero world. All around awesome characters in this movie.
    Clothes make the doll

Comment

• GUYx1
      FORMER MEGO COLLECTOR
      • Apr 20, 2005

I really liked it as well.
      (I certainly hope someone will like it enough to cast mego scale heads or make outfits...)
      Cheers,
      Guyx1

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

Fun movie, saw it today nad I can see why it's been so well received.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Well, add me to the chorus. Took the whole family for a 3D showing (because that was the time that fit in best with back-to-school shopping, etc,) and we all really enjoyed it. Just a fun romp through space, but not without some truly touching moments, great character development, and some very snappy and clever writing. I knew nothing of Chris Pratt before this (other than the Lego Movie), but I think he will go on to great things, if he has a good agent. His Star Lord was equal parts Captain Kirk and Han Solo, and he sold it, making him a very likeable character to anchor all the cosmic weirdness. The whole cast was great, even Batista as Drax, who I expected to only be the big angry muscle guy. He also sold his role very well. I had no doubt Gamora would be well-handled, and she was.

I also love that this movie unabashedly embraced it's sci-fi roots and didn't take the team back to Earth. They fleshed out the Marvel UNIVERSE (not just Earth) and spent the whole movie there, unlike DC/WB's Green Lantern, which seemed to be somewhat ashamed and apprehensive about doing cosmic.

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• kingdom warrior
            OH JES!!
            • Jul 21, 2005

Marvel gets it.....Glad they this, shows other characters can be used to stretch the Marvel movie universe out. Loved it this is what summer movies are about.....

Comment

• Bruce Banner
              HULK SMASH!
              • Apr 3, 2010

Pretty good movie. Great to see some of Marvel's cosmic characters on the big screen at last. Not the best Marvel movie by any means, but still a solid, action packed and fun picture. Looking forward to the sequel.
              PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• YoungOnce
                Career Member
                • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Hedji
                I hope word of mouth makes it gross a zillion dollars to send a message to Zac Snyder, David Goyer, and all the dour poopie pants Suits and Nolanites that there's another way to make a comic book movie. Maybe we can emerge from the dark age of soulless superhero films.
                I agree whole-heartedly.

Comment

• osker55
                  Booyaaa
                  • Aug 8, 2011

Yeah I seen it the Friday a came out...just plan AWESOMe well made movie really funny it kinda reminds me of my group a group of misfits together and very sarcastic group of people and be a smart *** lol I have never wanted to pay to watch a movie a second time but this 1 is the only 1 I've wanna see again gets you in a good mood that's for sure
                  Wants....

AHI wolfman mint hairy Version
                  AHI wolfman moc
                  Lincoln Wolfman and Mummy
                  Kresge moc WGSH
                  Other stuff to update

Comment

• Hector
                    el Hombre de Acero
                    • May 19, 2003

Saw it today, absolutely loved the movie.

More Star Wars than Avengers.

The cassette player/songs...was the key to making this flick a super cool movie.

Josh Brolin as Thanos...I could clearly see his face underneath all that make up, lol.

Lots of old fashioned action (great effects)...with lots of humor and heart...I'm gonna see it again.
                    sigpic

Comment

• johnmiic
                      Adrift
                      • Sep 6, 2002

Hector will tear me a new one over this but I never liked Zoe Saldana in the new Trek films as Uhura but in green as Gammora she sold me. Don't know what it is about the green make-up. Also thought the film was better than ST-ID. Certainly the scenes on Xandar were more utopian Trek-like than anything new in the Trek films. Such a wide range of alien species are portrayed. I regret FOX has Surfer/Galactus/Watcher/Skrulls and likely Gladiator/The Shi`ar but the film is so full of fan-boy faves it still looks great.

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by johnmiic
                        Hector will tear me a new one over this but I never liked Zoe Saldana in the new Trek films as Uhura
                        More for me...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                          Citizen of Gotham
                          • Nov 17, 2012

I refer to Xandar as "Planet Epcot". I loved it, and wanted to live there.

Did anyone else get a bit of a Last Starfighter vibe from this movie? The villains reminded me of the Kodan a bit, and Glen Close's hair, makeup and costume looked very much like the Rylans. The Nova Squadron's shield formation, also coulda come out of Starfighter. I know Starfighter itself was a bit of a Star Wars ripoff, but GOTG has similar roots and inspirations, I think.

Comment

• torgospizza
                            Theocrat of Pan Tang
                            • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by johnmiic
                            Hector will tear me a new one over this but I never liked Zoe Saldana in the new Trek films as Uhura but in green as Gammora she sold me.
                            I'm definitely a fan. She's either got a lot of savvy or someone that works for her does--if her career ended tomorrow, she could still make a living selling autographs to geeks at conventions. She is the sci-fi movie girl right now.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by torgospizza
                              I'm definitely a fan. She's either got a lot of savvy or someone that works for her does--if her career ended tomorrow, she could still make a living selling autographs to geeks at conventions. She is the sci-fi movie girl right now.

Star Trek, Avatar, and GOTG...yup...she's definitely the sci-fi movie chick right now
                              sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
                                galactic yo-yo
                                • Apr 6, 2006

Giving this a bump because it aired on Starz last night. Kind of weird seeing Amy Pond bald and blue. Did like the fact you got to see one of the Celestials.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎