Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hedji
    Citizen of Gotham
    • Nov 17, 2012

GREAT movie!!! So much fun and laughs. This is how you build characters that audiences will love.

I want to see it again, and that hasn't happened to me in a long time at the movies.

I have one little nitpick that the film rises above, but I'll save it for the spoilers thread.

Go see this and enjoy!!!

Comment

• Hedji
      Citizen of Gotham
      • Nov 17, 2012

Oh, and I predict they are gonna sell a BILLION copies of the soundtrack.

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

It's hard to overstate how much I loved this movie. Great characters, hilarious dialogue, super action, inspiring effects. Marvel wins. It may make more money, but it's highly unlikely that next year's Star Wars is a better space opera.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Just got back from it. Absolutely great movie!

I went in knowing next to nothing about the comics, and having actively avoided the previews. It definitely feels more Star Wars than a comic book movie. And loads of humor.

The plot is pretty straigthforward. But it really gave room to introduce and let the audience get invested in the characters. And they all win you over... despite my fears it would be all about the raccoon.

My one complaint would be Lee Pace as the baddie. He does what the movies asks of him. But he is a good actor, and I expected better. I guess I've been spolied by Hiddleson's Loki.

But overall, totally recommend: a very fun time at the movies.

Comment

• palitoy
            live. laugh. lisa needs braces
            • Jun 16, 2001

I'm home alone and my family wants me to wait until next weekend. How bad a person am I if I go and just not tell them?
            Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
            http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• rche
              channeling Bob Wills
              • Mar 26, 2008

^^ dp it

Comment

• rche
                channeling Bob Wills
                • Mar 26, 2008

I snuck off to go see Attack of the Clones when it came out; and then I had to go watch it again with my wife. It was very difficult to not telescope my involuntary cringe reactions.

Comment

• madmarva
                  Talkative Member
                  • Jul 7, 2007

Originally posted by palitoy
                  I'm home alone and my family wants me to wait until next weekend. How bad a person am I if I go and just not tell them?
                  I really think you need to check it out to make sure it is appropriate for your kids and wife, yeah that's the ticket. It's your duty to protect your family.

Comment

• boss
                    Talkative Member
                    • Jun 18, 2003

Just got back from seeing it with the family. I thought it started slow, but I was really into it by the end. My 9 and 11 year old really liked it.
                    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by madmarva
                      I really think you need to check it out to make sure it is appropriate for your kids and wife, yeah that's the ticket. It's your duty to protect your family.

Yes, like a brave soldier I took the brunt of making sure this fun film was ok for my delicate children. It was a labour, the popcorn was bad and Homeboy Trevor used a whole can of "Axe" before he went out today but I enjoyed that film. Can't wait to see it in a good theater with the kids.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hedji
                        Citizen of Gotham
                        • Nov 17, 2012

Good job, trooper. It's the sacrifices we make as parents.

Comment

• Wee67
                          Museum Correspondent
                          • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by MegoScott
                          It's hard to overstate how much I loved this movie.
                          Perfectly said. I think I liked this as much as The Avengers and I'm a HUGE Avengers fan.
                          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• MIB41
                            Eloquent Member
                            • Sep 25, 2005

Just got back from seeing it with my bro Emeraldknight and absolutely LOVED IT! That's the most fun I've had at the movies in a very long time. The theater was a 300-seater and it was packed out. Everyone laughed and cheered through this movie to the very end (including the bonus scene after the credits). I never thought you could get so much entertainment out of one movie. Guardians has this wonderful advantage of being able to explore the outer edges of the Marvel universe and do so with splendid detail that our primary heroes don't have the luxury to observe. The dialogue is superb; The action is well paced; The effects are great throughout; and the laughs are perfectly placed to offset the absurdity of the universe you're in. It never allows itself to be overtaken by one-liners anymore than it permits itself to be too serious either. It's a great story wrapped in a wonderful fairytale style telling that is cohesive, and ties everything together at the end beautifully. And it's topped with a splendid soundtrack that has it's own reasons for being present as well. Just a very entertaining film that is completely appropriate for kids of ALL ages. I think this will be a massive hit. Another score for Marvel Studios.

Comment

• madmarva
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jul 7, 2007

Really was a fun movie with a lot of heart, laughs and adventure.

Comment

• clemso
                                Talkative Member
                                • Aug 8, 2001

Chris Pratt's Star Lord is the new Han Solo! Those 70s song classics seem to fit right in.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎