X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wasimhosen
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 23, 2011

World's Greatest Super Knights repro question

Does anyone have this set from 2005? Amazon has the set on sale for $40.00 and I was wondering how the quality on the repros are. Seems like a good price but was wondering if anyone else had good or bad experiences with them. Thanks for the help.
  • boss
    Talkative Member
    • Jun 18, 2003

I think it depends on what you plan to do with them. If you just want to display them in boxes on a shelf, then go for it. The heads, costumes, boxes and accessories are great. If you're hoping to take them out of the boxes and do anything with them, the bodies will probably break on you.

If you're thinking of transferring the costumes, heads etc to mego bodies. Easier said than done. Your can't get the armor off without breaking..
    Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• Boywonder0
      Persistent Member
      • Dec 29, 2007

Originally posted by boss
      If you're thinking of transferring the costumes, heads etc to mego bodies. Easier said than done. Your can't get the armor off without breaking..
      Thanks for the heads up, Boss! Didn't know that! I was actually planning on doing that using Dr. Mego bodies... Saved my $$$ !!!

Comment

• dr_cyclops
        One eyed, wonder
        • Dec 17, 2009

'How's the quality?' Standard CTVT quality. I purchased the Black Knight recently to harvest pieces for a Dr. Doom custom. As I've said before, the worst bodies I've gotten from CTVT, are on the complete character figures. Black Knight: Although he wears knight shoes (Robin boots), right foot broke off inside silver pants. White batwings on helmet fall off really easy. Belt plastic is too stiff to conform to the shape of the body. Body is tightly strung and causes problems for posing.
        Even with these problems, (Seems to me a DrMego body could take care of most of them.)* (I've heard restringing the bodies can help a lot.) At $8 apiece, the costumes alone are worth the price. Add the cool window box and head, and you can't loose!

*Just remember, you may want to spend close to that same amount to purchase 5 DrMego bodies.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
          One eyed, wonder
          • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by boss
          Black Knight didn't come with much armor, so I didn't know about the armor problem. Breakage is always a problem with all parts and pieces. Just recently, I'm learning to use hot water and a hairdryer to aid in custom preperation. It's amazing how much consideration and aquired knowledge our custom hobby demands.

Comment

• Wasimhosen
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 23, 2011

Thanks for the input guys. I don't know what I was going to do with them but it seems like they may not be worth the hassle. Is this the same company that released Happy Days and Married with Children? If so my local comic book store had a Fonzie they sold that broke as soon as he came out of the package and then sat on the register for years. I'm not sure if he's still there since they've moved but will have to check next time I'm in.

Comment

• boss
              Talkative Member
              • Jun 18, 2003

Yep... same people.
              Fresh, not from concentrate.

Comment

• stuart
                Hi-Yo Silver Away!
                • Jun 18, 2007

If you re-string them like a type 1, the bodies are fine.
                http://megomuseum.com/custom/ctvtfix.shtml

Comment

• nobody
                  banjo!
                  • Jan 26, 2012

But you can make an Awesome Ron Jeremy to hang out with Brick from the Black Knight

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                  'How's the quality?' Standard CTVT quality. I purchased the Black Knight recently to harvest pieces for a Dr. Doom custom. As I've said before, the worst bodies I've gotten from CTVT, are on the complete character figures. Black Knight: Although he wears knight shoes (Robin boots), right foot broke off inside silver pants. White batwings on helmet fall off really easy. Belt plastic is too stiff to conform to the shape of the body. Body is tightly strung and causes problems for posing.
                  Even with these problems, (Seems to me a DrMego body could take care of most of them.)* (I've heard restringing the bodies can help a lot.) At $8 apiece, the costumes alone are worth the price. Add the cool window box and head, and you can't loose!

*Just remember, you may want to spend close to that same amount to purchase 5 DrMego bodies.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                    One eyed, wonder
                    • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by megoknight
                    But you can make an Awesome Ron Jeremy to hang out with Brick from the Black Knight
                    I'm only 13 years old, I don't know who "Ron Jeremy" is.lol
                    Hold on a moment, I'll go ask my mom if she knows...She didn't answer me. She's on the phone with CPS right now.

Comment

• nobody
                      banjo!
                      • Jan 26, 2012

Originally posted by dr_cyclops
                      I'm only 13 years old, I don't know who "Ron Jeremy" is.lol
                      Hold on a moment, I'll go ask my mom if she knows...She didn't answer me. She's on the phone with CPS right now.

Comment

• dr_cyclops
                        One eyed, wonder
                        • Dec 17, 2009

Originally posted by megoknight
                        My wife says that the Black Knight head looks like me. I'm gonna make a Dr. Cyclops Mego! All I got to do is take this exacto knife and cut this eyeball out...There, done! Look at that. Sweet. Wait...That was the wrong eye! Stupid mirror, you made me look wrong. That's it, I give up.LOL

Comment

• nobody
                          banjo!
                          • Jan 26, 2012

Married at 13? And I thought I lived in the deep south.

Comment

• bluesangel
                            • Dec 9, 2019

sorry, I'm willing to buy the whole lot at an advantageous price. I just want to know from you what kind of body they have ...

Comment

• sprytel
                              Talkative Member
                              • Jun 26, 2009

Welcome aboard, bluesangel. This is a really old thread. I think the deal is long gone.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎