X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MegoFan67
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 19, 2012

Ghost Rider: Spirit Of Vengeance

Bought the DVD yesterday as I liked the first Ghost Rider.This one may or may not be as good as the first, but it is not as bad as some say.I guess just depending on what you expected after the first film.
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

I hope Marvel gets this license back and casts it as it should be. Johnny Blaze always started out as a teenager. So I thought Nicholas Cage was about as far off the mark as you could go. It would be like casting Clooney as Peter Parker. I've just never bought into that idea. I found the first one tolerable because it was esthetically pleasing to look at, but everything else was pretty shallow. The second one is just a mess. And Cage looks even older and more out of character for the role. I just think you need to retain some basic ideas of the comics when you do these films. Ghost Rider has been too far removed from the source material to be fully realized.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
      I hope Marvel gets this license back and casts it as it should be. Johnny Blaze always started out as a teenager. So I thought Nicholas Cage was about as far off the mark as you could go. It would be like casting Clooney as Peter Parker. I've just never bought into that idea. I found the first one tolerable because it was esthetically pleasing to look at, but everything else was pretty shallow. The second one is just a mess. And Cage looks even older and more out of character for the role. I just think you need to retain some basic ideas of the comics when you do these films. Ghost Rider has been too far removed from the source material to be fully realized.
      That kid who played young Johnny Blaze in the first movie should have been him through out the movie.....sorry I don't need a name to Carry Ghost Rider, any young actor can be cast....It's all about the Rider anyway......

I'm gonna see if i rent it and make my own conclusions about the second one....

Comment

• enyawd72
        Maker of Monsters!
        • Oct 1, 2009

Originally posted by MIB41
        I completely agree about Cage looking way too old this time around. He looked like he aged ten years between films, and not in a good way. I still really like the first film though. The caretaker bit was great, and I like the carnival setting. Also thought the score was fantastic.

Comment

• AcroRay
          Persistent Member
          • Apr 17, 2005

I happened to see this at the drive in a couple of weeks back. Fun popcorn movie, and absolutely perfect for the drive in. Aces!
          Micronauts Collector, Historian, Consultant
          AcroRay's Laboratory - My Micronauts Blog
          The Micropolis Embassy - My Micronauts Group
          Rockets, Robots & Dinosaurs - My Blog for Other Interests

Comment

• Apositive
            Career Member
            • Apr 3, 2011

I'm not gonna bother with the sequel as I thought the first Ghost Rider was terrible. Cage was miscast big time and the Ghost Rider didn't have enough screen time. Eva Mendes was smokin' hot though but she couldn't carry the film...

Comment

• Brue
              User without title
              • Sep 29, 2005

Finally saw this today.
              It was as good as I expected - nothing more.
              I like the animated interludes. I also thought the ghost rider effects were much better.
              I like Cage but thought he couldn't decide how he wanted to play the character - so you don't get a feel for who he is or care about him.
              I thought they were leading up to Danny Walker becoming the Ghost rider but maybe they were setting it up for a 3rd film where walker is the rider with blaze in cameo only.

I thought is was entertaining enough. not better or worse than the first.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                Verbose Member
                • Mar 7, 2004

I liked the first one for what it is...but this looked like a train wreck. I may have to get Cindy to grab it from the library for free though.

Chris
                sigpic

Comment

• BlackKnight
                  The DarkSide Customizer
                  • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by enyawd72
                  He looked like he aged ten years between films, and not in a good way.
                  This an't a Justin Bieber Pop Band ...
                  You Be GhostRider for a Couple of Years...., and see what you look like.
                  ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• Thor
                    Thunder God
                    • Dec 17, 2009

I have to say I liked the first movie more. Cage is not the greatest actor but he was over the top and phoning it in this time. The plot didn't make much since imo.
                    sigpic

"I've seen things you wouldn't believe."

- Roy Batty

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                      Muddling through
                      • Oct 4, 2008

I liked the first one but because of the poor word of mouth I have waited for the new one to come down in proice. ordered it on Amazon for 9.99, figure at that price it is worth a shot

Comment

• raider5gt
                        Museum Tree Cutter
                        • Nov 25, 2007

I really enjoyed the 1st film but some people at work says the 2nd film aint that good,have not watched it yet,I will wait for it to come on satellite tv.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

watched it last night. I liked it. not a great movie by any means but it was still fun. the GR effects were pretty good and you see a lot more of him in this one. I never read the comics so cannot comment on how faithful to the source material. it's worth checking the movie out. Cage played Blaze a bit nutty in this one but I guess the idea is that johnny is on the verge of a total mental breakdown when the movie starts

Comment

• boynightwing
                            That Carl Guy
                            • Apr 24, 2002

I had zero expectations going in to it. I put it on for background while I was drawing. As it turned out I liked it more then I thought I would and for sure more then the first one (which I hated).

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎