Page 1 of 17 12361116 ... LastLast

Thread: I think we ought to try a Texas Mini-Meet!

I think we ought to try a Texas Mini-Meet!

There's got to be enough of us around these parts to put something together. We probably cover a pretty good area but maybe we could shoot for a central location, possibly a weekend thing as to accomodate folks who want to come from surrounding states. I know we have Arkansas and Oklahoma folks that might like to join us. Just looking to see if there would be any interest and if so, let's throw out some suggestions.
    Vintage Toy Rescue
    1614-B N State Hwy 161
    Grand Prairie, TX 75050
    (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

I vote for Czech Stop in West!!

The Czech Stop of West, Texas
    Last edited by rche; Aug 23, '11 at 11:38 AM.

I would definitely travel to Texas for a mini-meet. The Dallas area would be perfect.

Images

Tx meet

Definitely Houston. Possibly San An or Austin. That would be the max distance my budget would allow.

CCC.

I'm for Austin, there are few comic and toy shops rche was telling us about I want to go check out

toy shops are almost extinct in Austin now. I can think of one vintagey place and a couple of pretty cool book shops, but that is all anymore. It's a done dried up land out there.

Images
    Count me in! I'm in the fort worth area but willing to drive. Any upcoming toy shows or comic book shows in texas that we could piggyback on to get started?

Images
    I am in the Houston area and I would definitely be interested depending on where and how my budget is!

The shows that I am aware of are:

The ScifiExpo/Comic Expos in Irving

I think San Antonio now has a Texas ComicCon

Houston has Comicpalooza

HEY!! I just saw this. You guys know I'm in for this! There is that Toy Museum up in Paul's Valley, Oklahoma. The museum isn't anything to write home about but could be a central location. I would be happy to get with Bill and we can look for something in and around our area. LMK
    My Custom Figures

1 Corinthians 9:24 - Donít you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win!

Images
    Blog Entries
    Hey Guys...I just did a quick search through the Members List and there are about 50 members that list Texas as their Location.

If this gains any legs, you may want to send them an Invitation via PM or a PM linking this thread so they participate in the discussions.

Just a thought.

Hope it Happens

~ Tom
    Everyone is Entitled to MY Opinion...Your's, not so much!