X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Random Axe
    The Voice of Reason
    • Apr 16, 2008

Cincinnati Gathering Part 2

Hey, I was thinking of doing this again and was shooting for maybe the middle to end of July. I thought we might just do the same venue since it's convenient and was perfectly sized for out group. Maybe this time we'll all go out to eat(not Undo's) somewhere around here too. So for those who attended last time and for those who crapped out on us(you know who you are) please drop me a line or PM or post here and give me your thoughts.

And, since we're all man-child, geekboy action film star goobers I thought we might all get together and go see Expendables 2 on opening night somewhere around here. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
    I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
  • Godzilla
    Permanent Member
    • Nov 3, 2002

Sorry I've been off on vacation. I'd be interested depending on the date.
    Mortui Vivos Docent
    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Ben
      mego nut
      • Nov 18, 2010

I would come.....

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
        Verbose Member
        • Mar 7, 2004

I somehow missed this thread! I'm in, barring any scheduling conflicts! I hate to admit I haven't seen the first Expendables movie...but I'll be sure to see it before hand!

Chris
        sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

Not yet. I'd love to see it happen. Maybe when summer winds down all the way?

Chris
          sigpic

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
            70's Era Pimp
            • Sep 7, 2011

I will try to attend anything that gets put together. Keep me in the loop.

Comment

• Random Axe
              The Voice of Reason
              • Apr 16, 2008

Yeah, I didn't get too much interest but there's a lot of stuff going on in the Summer, family things so I kinda let it go for a bit. I'd love to try this again Sept or Oct. It was such a success the last time I'd like to try and repeat with some new guys. It was terrific meeting a bunch of you cool people, and the venue is perfect for our needs. Perhaps this time we'll all go out to eat somewhere close.

Once I'm through this back to school season and the dust settles I'll try to start this up again. We had Columbus and Louisville represented, so let's see who else will come and hang...

Comment

• MIB41
                Eloquent Member
                • Sep 25, 2005

Yeah, I am 100% interested in doing this again. My calendar just got too busy to make the Expendable's 2 meet. Lots coming up that would be ideal for a gathering though. Scott, I'll be in touch shortly and we can start carving something out for the Fall. It would be nice if we can have a get together when it's cool outside. Sorry nothing materialized for the Summer. Just too darn busy.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                  Verbose Member
                  • Mar 7, 2004

I agree your clubhouse is the perfect place to have it Scott. I'm in for going out to eat, movies, etc. But as long as we can hang and chat like last time, I'm golden!

Chris
                  sigpic

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

No kidding. That was a blast!
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• Random Axe
                      The Voice of Reason
                      • Apr 16, 2008

Okay, I'm gonna try to coordinate this for sometime late September/early October. I'll get with Tom and see what we can do. We've got a great core of MM'rs here within a 150 mile radius and a little beyond. I've still got two weeks of vacation I have to burn before Nov 1, so this will be perfect to set things up. Just post here or PM if you guys have specific dates or other ideas cause I'm wide open for that.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

A suggestion: If we got together in early October, we could go to one of the local Haunted Houses. Not a real haunted house, but the fake, pay people to scare you kind. Those are always more fun in a group.

Just a thought.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          A suggestion: If we got together in early October, we could go to one of the local Haunted Houses. Not a real haunted house, but the fake, pay people to scare you kind. Those are always more fun in a group.

Just a thought.

Chris
                          Hmmmmm. Interesting idea. I can tell you the most fascinating haunted house in our region... Waverly Hills Sanitarium. They've converted this place into a really cool haunted house and it's worth the trip. Having the history it has and just the overall appearance alone creeps me out. Something to consider. Pizza and spooks! Here's a link to the place.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                            Verbose Member
                            • Mar 7, 2004

Now, that may be too real for me Tom. I've heard of Waverly. I had some friends planning a trip there, and everyone chickened out. I was thinking more of guys in masks trying to scare you. Not real dead people.

Chris
                            sigpic

Comment

• MIB41
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Sep 25, 2005

No worries. Your standard haunted house is what its converted into during the Halloween season. A section of it is this great haunted maze (traditional themes) and it's very cool. The rest of the year the place is open for the docs of spook-atology.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎