Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Where did the gallery go to? I'm not seeing it.

Comment

• emeraldknight47
      Talkative Member
      • Jun 20, 2011

Wow! The place certainly DOES look different, but I like the changes even though they'll take some adjusting! The only constant in life is change and the same holds true here! Looks good, fellas! Give yourselves (or your webmasters) a pat on the back!
      sigpic Oh then, what's this? Big flashy lighty thing, that's what brought me here! Big flashy lighty things have got me written all over them. Not actually. But give me time. And a crayon.

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Please feel free to keep the reports coming and let us know what your thoughts are. All we ask is that you be patient and gentle with us.

We'll get some more acceptable color schemes working ASAP and we are working to get the User Gallery and Arcade back online.

Mixed reports on speed, I'm noticing mixed results on my own machine at various time of the day. No idea what that means yet.
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• sauce
          Removed
          • Jun 24, 2007

Blogs are fun! I'm gonna try to use it. How does it show up to the general browsing 'guest' public?

Comment

• HardyGirl
            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
            • Apr 3, 2007

1) This will take a LOT of getting used to.
            2) I hope posting pics will be direct and not going through Photobucket
            3) A shade of tan will be nice when it comes. I hope it will be soon.
            4) A blog? Hmmmm...
            5) Thank you guys for doing all you can to make MM a postive and fun experience for us all.
            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

I don't like change. Just being honest.

It's not terribly unfamiliar to me, though, as I'm part of other forums with similar layouts. I hope a new skin is coming, though.

I will get used to it and I can already see a lot of stuff that is improvements and such. I think the Blogs feature is neat. I'm sure forum upgrades were needed, but some curmudgeons like me take a while to get adapted.

At first I thought I accessed the wrong site or something. Darn internet, always changing things.

Comment

• clemso
                Talkative Member
                • Aug 8, 2001

It is weird when you've been use to one format for so many years and then you wake up and feel like your brain ain't working. I'm sure this is going to be a bold and positive step forward for the Museum.

Comment

• ctc
                  Fear the monkeybat!
                  • Aug 16, 2001

Hmmmm....

It looks all weird and blue and ipod-esque.... but so far it works. No slow down on my system.... which runs XP.

Don C.

Comment

• The Toyroom
                    The Packaging King
                    • Dec 31, 2004

Hmmmm....No ads yet?
                    Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• palitoy
                      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                      • Jun 16, 2001

Originally posted by The Toyroom
                      Hmmmm....No ads yet?
                      They will return, we need them.
                      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• noelani72
                        27inaleon
                        • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
                        Guys, be thankful the Museum is still letting us post and read while they're updating and upgrading.

I'm sure this forum will change for the better 100% by the time it's done

keep your shirts on guys and just roll with it for the next few days
                        agreed. If there was any slowness, I'd imagine it was server drives striping or something. That database must be huge.
                        I haven't seen any slowdowns on either Mac, PC or iPad.

One of the first things I went to do was change my skin, but as Scott said, it's all still new.
                        Just gonna take time and patience :-)

Comment

• megoscott
                          Founding Partner
                          • Nov 17, 2006

Okay, I have a nice earthy template for you now. It's still a bit of a mess, but hopefully it will sooth your retro nerves until the kinks are worked out. It's not exactly Retro-Tan but it's as close as I am going to get today.

Select Seventies Child from the bottom left drop-down menu.

And I got our old logo back for now, still have to figure out how we got them on all the subforums.

Comment

• noelani72
                            27inaleon
                            • Jun 25, 2002

Originally posted by MegoScott
                            Okay, I have a nice earthy template for you now. It's still a bit of a mess, but hopefully it will sooth your retro nerves until the kinks are worked out. It's not exactly Retro-Tan but it's as close as I am going to get today.

And I got our old logo back for now, still have to figure out how we got them on all the subforums.
                            neat how something as minor as a change in color will make people feel more at home.

Comment

• Mikey
                              Verbose Member
                              • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by MegoScott

I like it ... just one suggestion ...

Can you change the color of the lettering for the links for 70's Child ? (Blog this post, Reply, Reply with Quote)

As it is they blend too much with the tan background

Comment

• megoscott
                                Founding Partner
                                • Nov 17, 2006

I know, I am trying to track that down right now. They think they make this easy...but they don't!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎