X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brue
    User without title
    • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by huedell
    Not many COULD have thought of that...cause not many HAD it as a kid.

The Wonder Girl figure was such a failure saleswise (along with alot of
    the later MEGO figures) that it was a very short run for her---
    and that is why Wonder Girl is a rare and expensive figure today

But I guess your point applies to the cheapies like Superman and Spidey as well---
    and, there you'd have your point made somewhat---although you can still grab
    those for relatively cheap prices
    Yep - you are definitely right abiout WG - but I guess the amount of people that played with the common figures is what has driven interest in the line so the less common figures and pintact packaging - shoots up in collectablity.

Comment

• huedell
      Museum Ball Eater
      • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Brue
      Yep - you are definitely right abiout WG - but I guess the amount of people that played with the common figures is what has driven interest in the line so the less common figures and pintact packaging - shoots up in collectablity.

Surely...just being a little nitpicky there early in the morn'
      Last edited by huedell; Jan 24, '08, 12:57 PM.
      "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• kresge1
        Museum_Bozo
        • Jun 20, 2001

Iron Man and Hulk were far and away the best ones
        Looking for Remco Phantom. Mego mailer boxed figures

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

I didn't even know they made a Wondergirl when I was 5. Thats when I had the 7 I had. Those were the only ones I knew that were made. Can't say I would have convinced My Mom to buy her for me in the store, If I had scene her either.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• BlackKnight
            The DarkSide Customizer
            • Apr 16, 2005

Originally posted by Brue
            This is what makes toys the collectibles of the future.
            It never is the things collector's think are collectibles.
            I mean how many of you bought Wondergirl in 1978 thinking - WOW I'll make a mint or be the pride of my Mego community iin the future?

Thats like the Penguin in the BTAS ... I saw these in toy bins at KB all day long for 2bucks, & No one was buying. Now it's one of the more valued figures in the line. I wonder where all those 2 buck figures went. Someones probably sitting on a stash somewhere.
            Shurley this figure is not worth as much as the Wondergirl, but it was something I could relate the theroy with.
            ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

Comment

• MIB41
              Eloquent Member
              • Sep 25, 2005

Does this mean I need to box up my Famous Covers and see what the market will bring in 20 years? Without question I think they'll increase in value over time...but it will take some time.

Comment

• Brue
                User without title
                • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by MIB41
                Does this mean I need to box up my Famous Covers and see what the market will bring in 20 years? Without question I think they'll increase in value over time...but it will take some time.
                I don't know that they were played with enough by kids to make them nostagic in the future. Of course the whole point is that no one knows what will be valuable in the future.

I see no point in WWF ?WWE lines but I know plenty of kids who have played with those things.
                - An extra problem ANY new toy lines have are multiple collectors buying and keeping the amount of MIB stuff readily available so I don't think thre will be much demand ever. -SuperPowers are old enough that they should have caught the nostagia maket by now but with a few exceptions they are cheap.

Stick to Blue Chips like Barbie and GI Joe that conntinue to have a market.
                Just this year my niece wanted the WW barbie (the cheap one). In nov and dec they were going for $25 - $40 (incl. ship) - a year earlier they were being blown out of TrU for $8.
                I just bought one for $18 for my niece

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

Well said Brue. Hmmmm. Where is that misplaced bottlerocket and my Famous Covers Ironman? I see a good times ahead.

Comment

• Marvelmania
                    A Ray of Sunshine
                    • Jun 17, 2001

When the FCs came out I had the "collect 'em all" mind set and what a waste of money that was. I still have them packed away somewhere. The only ones I really liked were The Red Skull, Ironman and Wolverine (yellow and blue). All the rest I was disappointed in.

Comment

• Thadiun Okona II
                      Museum Patron
                      • Dec 22, 2007

I bought 'em all, but Hulk & Red Skull are my faves. I regret not picking up the WCW Wrestling figures made by Toybiz using the FC bodies. (They woulda made great custom fodder....)

Comment

• MegoGeek
                        From The Black Lagoon
                        • Jun 27, 2001

Best: Iron Man

Worst: Everything that wasn't Iron Man

Worstestest: Hulk
                        ______
                        ChArLiE

Comment

• BlackKnight
                          The DarkSide Customizer
                          • Apr 16, 2005

Think about when you see these on Ebay today. There has been a serious decline in the MIB ones,.. most of the time, they are in battle ravaged Parts lots. Sure the after market has not affected these yet,... but I think soon it might. Just how many of the left in MIB's are left ? How many are going to be left in another 10 yrs , when the kids that collected these are grown-up & looking for thier child hood toys ?

Comment

• Brue
                            User without title
                            • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                            ... How many are going to be left in another 10 yrs , when the kids that collected these are grown-up & looking for thier child hood toys ?
                            The question is - How many kids considered these thier toys?
                            A lot were bought by collectors.

As an elementary school teacher I can tell you therre were not a ton of kids playing with these. That is why I doubt they will ever catch the nostalgia market. I think that as the suplly decreases so will the demand therefore prices will remain what they are for a long time.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

There won't be any mint Dr. Doom's left, it will be a melted mass of goo. THe "armor" is very unstable, my spare parts ones are melting away.
                              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• spiderrogue
                                new mego-er
                                • Feb 3, 2008

hey hey hey..they may be ugly, but they have their uses....which is why i do what i do...im a fellow 9" customizer...don't throw things at me...please.....
                                i have had them all at one point or another..for customs or collection(which i have gotten rid of most of them recently).....i like them all, but i don't, you know? they did get better with the newer signature series stuff from a year or so ago....and the dc9 was better.....

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎