Sabertooth
    Mr.Sinister
    Nightcrawler
    sigpic

Comment

• Goblin19
      Talkative Member
      • May 2, 2002

I like Red Skull the best. Dr. Doom, Carnage, and Vision would follow. I think Aunt May has to be the worst.

Comment

• Mego Milk
        Custom Mego Maker
        • Jun 3, 2007

Vision, Hawkeye and Nightcrawler are cool. I converted them to mego size.
        Electro's mask was cool too.
        I also like Hulk, Carnage and Sabretooth.

Comment

• raider5gt
          Museum Tree Cutter
          • Nov 25, 2007

I only got Dr Doom,he is the only 1 i wanted, its ok just a bit rubbery lol

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• spamn
            Minty and All-Original!
            • Mar 28, 2002

I think my favorites have already been mentioned, but I'll say them anyway. Though I got used to them, I really hated the open-mouth shouting face and too-skinny head ones. So my favorites - with one or two notable exceptions - are the ones that have better proportioned close-mouthed sculpts:

Sabretooth
            Carnage
            Hulk
            Iron Man
            Storm
            Nightcrawler

Comment

• huedell
              Museum Ball Eater
              • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
              What I can't believe is the amazing ruckus these things caused when they first appeared. I seem to recall lengthy flame wars as to what was better. Now it feels like almost no one collects these any more.
              Its the "mass produced" parallel to Flatt's customs effect on
              superhero doll collectors....once multiple simillar options for collectors
              started appearing, interest died down considerably (in both cases)

(P.S. GREEN GOBLIN, ELECTRO, INVISIBLE WOMAN, IRON MAN
              and HULK were my favorite FCs)
              "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Later, I got an Aunt May and moved her head and clothes to a Mego body.
                Got a pic of that Ant?
                If that worked well (proportionally)---it'd probably be a killer Megoesque custom
                (that I'd love to own)
                The head sculpt wasn't too outrageously "non-Mego" if I remember right.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• chalwa
                  Mego Philomath
                  • Jun 8, 2007

The difference of opinion is pretty amazing on these.
                  Some hate Hulk, others love him. Same with Aunt May and Thor.
                  I only got Daredevil and Cap for the outfit and accessories.
                  Don't like them overall and probably will only get 'em for customizing.

bestest
                  Chalwa AKA The Pre-Crisis Chris

Chris' Blogs:
                  The Misadventures of Captain Blog
                  Comic Book Fanzines: Chain Letters for Disturbed Children

When I am grown to man's estate,
                  I shall be very proud and great.
                  And tell the other girls and boys,
                  not to meddle with my toys.
                  -Robert Louis Stevenson

Comment

• MIB41
                    Eloquent Member
                    • Sep 25, 2005

I think Chalwa makes a good point. There appears to be a love/hate relationship with this line. For myself, it was the closest thing to Mego's I had seen at that point, so I reluctantly bought up most of them for that reason. As far as ever embracing the line, I have not. My resentment has only grown through the years because the potential was there to make a great line and corners were cut in painfully obvious ways. From every aspect the makers did not feel there was a standard to live up to. From disproportionate body parts to over-sized outfits, gloves, and foot wear, the line embodied a decidedly low regard for the intelligence of the buyer whether it be a child or the collector. So many were made, yet most of us can not name more than a few characters that were considered even note worthy...that's pretty bad.
                    Last edited by MIB41; Jan 22, '08, 5:29 PM.

Comment

• Randy
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 12, 2006

My two faves were / are:
                      Green Gobiln - Almost Perfect!
                      Black Widow - Well, becuase she looks like my wife, lol
                      DOH!

Comment

• Type3Toys
                        Home Of The Type3 Body
                        • Jan 18, 2005

I really thought the Spidey/Electro set was pretty nice. I actually thought the Spidey was one of the best figures they did. I also like the Falcon and the Goblin.
                        LOOK
                        Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                        For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                        To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• megozilla13
                          Persistent Member
                          • May 10, 2002

I really liked them when they came out, I bought them all, even the ones I thought were terrible. Ironman and Hulk were the best ones, I thought.

I recently gave the whole collection to my nephews, 6 year old twins, thinking they would love playing with them. When I went to their house I saw they had saved all the boxes and had the figures displayed in the front of the boxes around their room, just like they have seen the mego figures displayed in my collection. I had to tell them they were for playing. Last time I was over Vision was wearing Hulks pants so I think they got the idea.

mikej
                          WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• megocrazy
                            Museum Trouble Maker
                            • Feb 18, 2007

I think Ironman was good, as well as Red Skull, Sabretooth, Carnage, and Green Goblin. I wasn't as impressed with Hawkeye as most seem to be and he is one of my more liked comic characters. Didn't like the undersized head or the expression. Cap and Dardevil for the same reason.
                            It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Brue
                              User without title
                              • Sep 29, 2005

Originally posted by megozilla13
                              I really liked them when they came out, I bought them all, even the ones I thought were terrible. Ironman and Hulk were the best ones, I thought.

I recently gave the whole collection to my nephews, 6 year old twins, thinking they would love playing with them. When I went to their house I saw they had saved all the boxes and had the figures displayed in the front of the boxes around their room, just like they have seen the mego figures displayed in my collection. I had to tell them they were for playing. Last time I was over Vision was wearing Hulks pants so I think they got the idea.

mikej

This is what makes toys the collectibles of the future.
                              It never is the things collector's think are collectibles.
                              I mean how many of you bought Wondergirl in 1978 thinking - WOW I'll make a mint or be the pride of my Mego community iin the future?

Comment

• huedell
                                Museum Ball Eater
                                • Dec 31, 2003

mean how many of you bought Wondergirl in 1978 thinking - WOW I'll make a
                                mint or be the pride of my Mego community iin the future?
                                Not many COULD have thought of that...cause not many HAD it as a kid.

The Wonder Girl figure was such a failure saleswise (along with alot of
                                the later MEGO figures) that it was a very short run for her---
                                and that is why Wonder Girl is a rare and expensive figure today

But I guess your point applies to the cheapies like Superman and Spidey as well---
                                and, there you'd have your point made somewhat---although you can still grab
                                those for relatively cheap prices

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎